Regina Spektor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I am in love with this song called "Us" by a Russian singer by the name of Regina Spektor. Is anyone familiar with her? One of the local college stations is playing it constantly. There's some Rainer Maria/Bjork-ish feel to it, and yet something very unique in her voice, probably the Russian accent.

Album worth buying or anything? I'm record-shopping this week when Ben Folds' new one comes out, so...

Lyrics excerpt (and these were hard to find, too):

They made a statue of us and put it on a mountaintop
Now tourists come and stare at us
blow bubbles with their gum, take photgraphs of fun

they'll name a city after us
and later say it's all our fault
then they'll give us a talking to
then they'll give us a talking to
cause they've got years of experience
we're living in a den of thieves
rummaging for answers in the pages
we're living in a den of thieves
and it's contagious...

Last edited:
I saw her video for "Us" on Subterranean a few weeks ago. I wasn't all that impressed, but I'd be up for hearing more about her or hearing some of her other songs.

Regina is my favourite female artist after Tori Amos. She's been around for a while, actually - I believe she is on her third album now. Her earlier music is alot better than what she is putting out now, in my opinion. If you want to get more from her, it's definitely worth looking into her back catalogue first :up:

:heart:

I don't think she has too much of a Russian accent in speaking as she's been living in the US since she was around ten or so (I think), but I know what you mean about her vocal style sounding Russian/Eastern European.

Just in case anyone's interested... :)

Regina Spektor is scheduled to be the guest on Subterranean tonight. Subterranean is on MTV2 and comes on at midnight EST, 9 pm PST (and crazy non-daylight savings time Arizona).

Back
Top Bottom