Reese and Ryan Split...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultravioletluvv

Refugee
Another one bites the dust...

www.tmz.com

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe Split
Posted Oct 30th 2006 1:40PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Break-Ups

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have separated. The couple's rep released a statement to TMZ Monday morning that says "We are saddened to announce that Reese & Ryan have decided to formally separate. They remain committed to their family and we ask that you please respect their privacy and the safety of their children at this time."

Sources tell TMZ Witherspoon has contacted celebrity divorce lawyer Robert Kaufman, who has represented Jennifer Aniston, Roseanne and Lisa Marie Presley.

Sources say Witherspoon spoke with Kaufman about divorcing Ryan Phillippe, her husband of seven years. The couple has two children. They met at Witherspoon's 21st birthday party.

As for why Witherspoon contacted Kaufman, we're told it was not triggered by one event. Rather, one connected source says it was "cumulative."

Divorce papers have not yet been filed.

:ohmy:

I thought I read somewhere that they were having an argument while at (or on the way to) the premier of his latest film (that was movie :reject: )

I thought these two would last.
:( Too bad

:shocked: I just came here to post this. I can't believe it. I thought they would last. Well I guess you just never know. :shrug:

My best friend just saw them, not too long ago, at LegoLand with their kids. My friend was about to go into this playhouse-thingy and she was taking my 'lil Sunshine out of his stroller and Reece and Ryan came out with their kids and went to some other ride. But she said, from her brief glimpse, they looked like a cute, happy family.

You never know, though. You never know.

Just heard this on the news myself, kinda bummed because I thought that if any one of these young Hollywood marriages endured, it would be this one. Wonder if they had a pre-nup (I mean if Reese did...)?

I'm really not too suprised to hear about this. It seems like you rarely saw them photographed together and when you did, they always looked kind of tense.

According to US Weekly

On October 30, a rep for Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon released a statement announcing the couple’s separation. What wasn’t mentioned: The fact that Phillippe, 32, has recently grown close to Abbie Cornish, 24, his Australian costar in the indie film Stop Loss; according to an insider, during a shoot in August, Texas, from August to late October, the two had a fling. (“It’s not true,” Cornish’s rep tells Us. “They are costars and that is it.” Reps for Phillippe and Witherspoon had no comment.)

For a married man with two children (Ava, 7, and Deacon, 3), Phillippe was rather open about their affair. On October 10, local Lauren Scott witnessed Phillippe and a blonde, who fit Cornish’s description, kissing at sushi restaurant Kenichi. “I was pretty shocked that he would blatantly cheat on Reese in public,” Scott tells Us.

But Witherspoon and Phillippe’s union remained intact – until Witherspoon, 30, was alerted to pictures of Phillippe with Cornish, says a source. When she confronted him about the relationship, “Ryan admitted it was true and said, ‘We just need to end this.’ Reese literally had no choice.”

2 hollywood people in the public eye CAN NOT make it.

perhaps if one person was a celebrity and the other was just your average person like you or me, it has a chance.

Numb1075 said:
2 hollywood people in the public eye CAN NOT make it.

Especially when the woman is considered more successful? I was watching some show last night in which they mentioned that so many best actress Oscar winners have ended up divorced after they win. Of course often there were already problems in the marriage.

Reese Witherspoon Files for Divorce

People are really angling to stay in the news. :|

Reese Witherspoon has filed for divorce from Ryan Phillippe, citing irreconcilable differences, PEOPLE has confirmed. Papers were filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court.

In the court papers, Witherspoon, 30, asks for joint custody of the couple's two children, Ava, 7, and Deacon, 3. The actress also seeks physical custody of her kids and that Phillippe, 32, be granted visitation rights.

Witherspoon also requests that the court not grant spousal support for Phillippe.

A rep for the couple first announced their separation on Oct. 30.

Though Phillippe hasn't commented on reports that he and Australian actress Abbie Cornis (who costars with him in an upcoming film) had a relationship, he issued an exclusive statement to PEOPLE on Wednesday, saying, “I’m not a perfect person, but I’m not guilty of a lot of the things I have been accused of. My priority is and always has been the health and safety of my family." Reps vehemently deny other allegations of hard partying and drug use.

The couple first met when a mutual friend brought Phillippe to Witherspoon's 21st-birthday party. Two years later, after they had costarred in 1999's Cruel Intentions, he proposed. They married in June 1999 and had Ava three months later.

Witherspoon, who won an Oscar for her role in last year's hit Walk the Line, is next expected to appear in the drama Rendition. Phillippe is currently starring in the WWII drama Flags of Our Fathers.

Back
Top Bottom