Reese and Ryan Split... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #16
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 01:24 AM

I always thought they seemed like such a cute, loving couple and nice family.

"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:50 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:24 AM
Oooh... Abbie Cornish as the third person hey. I'd take her over Reese in a heartbeat.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
According to US Weekly

On October 30, a rep for Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon released a statement announcing the couple’s separation. What wasn’t mentioned: The fact that Phillippe, 32, has recently grown close to Abbie Cornish, 24, his Australian costar in the indie film Stop Loss; according to an insider, during a shoot in August, Texas, from August to late October, the two had a fling. (“It’s not true,” Cornish’s rep tells Us. “They are costars and that is it.” Reps for Phillippe and Witherspoon had no comment.)

For a married man with two children (Ava, 7, and Deacon, 3), Phillippe was rather open about their affair. On October 10, local Lauren Scott witnessed Phillippe and a blonde, who fit Cornish’s description, kissing at sushi restaurant Kenichi. “I was pretty shocked that he would blatantly cheat on Reese in public,” Scott tells Us.

But Witherspoon and Phillippe’s union remained intact – until Witherspoon, 30, was alerted to pictures of Phillippe with Cornish, says a source. When she confronted him about the relationship, “Ryan admitted it was true and said, ‘We just need to end this.’ Reese literally had no choice.”
Old 11-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #19
love, blood, life
2 hollywood people in the public eye CAN NOT make it.

perhaps if one person was a celebrity and the other was just your average person like you or me, it has a chance.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by Numb1075
2 hollywood people in the public eye CAN NOT make it.
Especially when the woman is considered more successful? I was watching some show last night in which they mentioned that so many best actress Oscar winners have ended up divorced after they win. Of course often there were already problems in the marriage.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
Reese Witherspoon Files for Divorce

People are really angling to stay in the news.

Reese Witherspoon has filed for divorce from Ryan Phillippe, citing irreconcilable differences, PEOPLE has confirmed. Papers were filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court.

In the court papers, Witherspoon, 30, asks for joint custody of the couple's two children, Ava, 7, and Deacon, 3. The actress also seeks physical custody of her kids and that Phillippe, 32, be granted visitation rights.

Witherspoon also requests that the court not grant spousal support for Phillippe.

A rep for the couple first announced their separation on Oct. 30.

Though Phillippe hasn't commented on reports that he and Australian actress Abbie Cornis (who costars with him in an upcoming film) had a relationship, he issued an exclusive statement to PEOPLE on Wednesday, saying, “I’m not a perfect person, but I’m not guilty of a lot of the things I have been accused of. My priority is and always has been the health and safety of my family." Reps vehemently deny other allegations of hard partying and drug use.

The couple first met when a mutual friend brought Phillippe to Witherspoon's 21st-birthday party. Two years later, after they had costarred in 1999's Cruel Intentions, he proposed. They married in June 1999 and had Ava three months later.

Witherspoon, who won an Oscar for her role in last year's hit Walk the Line, is next expected to appear in the drama Rendition. Phillippe is currently starring in the WWII drama Flags of Our Fathers.