Red Wings vs. Mighty Ducks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm going to ask nicely again that any references to tampons and such be stopped immediately in this thread. I'm sure the people who are reading this thread really want to hear about that type of thing.

Yeah! Plus, there are no wings on tampons. stupid boys.

gherman, I think your whole Red Wing bashing is just to boost your lack of manliness. I can't understand why any men but sissy men would root for a Emilio Estevez-inspired team.

i think everyone just likes to root for the under dog. when you are at the top everyone wants to see you fall. it's not that you're bad guys or anything, it's just the way it is.

and emilio estevez is a genious, not to mention very attractive :drool: . it would be pretty sweet if the mighty ducks would implement the flying V like in the movie.

quack quack quack

i hate the Red Wings... with a passion. I live in Ann Arbor. I played for the University Of Michigan, I've gone to the bar with some of the Red Wings, and I still hate them. Some of my favorite players of all time are on the team and I still hate them. Why? I don't know:( I grew up living on the Montreal Canadiens but they suck now. I guess I'm gealous they get all the players. Sounds like a team in another sport i know...Hmmm. I'm now surrounded ny these stupid fucking displays like 'Hockey Town' 'Red Storm' and these gay songs "Hey, Hey Hockey Town" "We Want Stanely" It makes me want to pop my eyes out with a spoon. And then the fans piss me off. All they do is bitch and complain if they don't do something perfect... well most fans are like that anyway. I'll give the fans one thing... we have the Loins and the Tigers. The most dangerous and fear inducing names... but no more than a bunch of rejects. The worst teams ever! Every year they make a big move. "This will be the year" or "wait until next year" blah, blah, blah. Face it we suck and we're going to suck!

Ohh that felt good.

maybe this will help cheer up the sad wings fans

all_ears.jpg

bonoman said:
Edmonton
St. Louis
Anahiem
Colorado (but lets hope for Minni)

NICE!
Don't you mean:
Edmonton
VANCOUVER
Anaheim
Minnisota

:madspit:

And to think I was rooting for the Oilers.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm going to have to ask a few of you to please refrain from posting certain things or getting off-topic here about what certain players may or may not have done in their personal lives.

Keep the discussion to the hockey. Thanks.

well actually you can read about it from the police reports...

what are the "certain things" you dont want me to post, maybe you can call me an ass too??? right, keep the discussions to hockey, maybe we can post some pics to keep it on topic :wink:

do you always have to be such an ass? if you hate everyone here so much LEAVE!
I am sick of you slamming April every chance you get. And you know what? it's possible for girls to be hockey fans outside of thinking certain players are hot, but you wouldn't know that would you being the chauvinist jerk that you are. :angry:

I have had enough of your attitude. Report my post. I don't care. You respect no one and nothing.

Angel said:
I am sick of you slamming April every chance you get. And you know what? it's possible for girls to be hockey fans outside of thinking certain players are hot, but you wouldn't know that would you being the chauvinist jerk that you are. :angry:

I have had enough of your attitude. Report my post. I don't care. You respect no one and nothing.

Maybe his goal in life is to have the same status line as lemonite?

Man, I haven't been here in a couple of days ... and my, how the thread has deteriorated. :rolleyes:

Anyway! Do or die time tonight. We'll see.

Angel said:

yes, I always have to be such an ass. your post is really ignorant, Angel, since I was referring to a certain other thread in this forum that turned into a dating service or something, it has nothing to do with posting pics of hockey players. I don't even care that people post pics and flirt with each other in threads that are supposed to be about hockey, I'm all for posting whatever you want, but since the much-maligned April made a point of chastizing me about keeping on topic, I wondered why the double standard? but now it appears I hate female hockey fans!!! what a fucking joke! my sisters are hockey fans, several of my female co-workers are hockey fans, what the fuck is wrong with you Angel? for months and months I joked with ladywithspinninghead and babygrace about all things hockey. ask them if I am a chauvinist jerk towards female hockey fans... yeah right, sure.

Im going to be told off by mods for coming into this thread because seeing as I dont post much anymore, I apparently dont have a right to offer my view, but right now I really dont care.

Angel you are an intelligent girl but you are wrong in this case. Wanderer has already stated the kind of male he is and to call him chauvanistic is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. I know there are many females on this board who will agree with me.
This board will never change. A few power hungry mods who feel the need to tell the members off now about discussing things outside of the teeny realm of what the thread started out as? Its ridiculous.
Especially when those mods themselves MANY times "hijack" threads and post the most utter crap Ive ever read on any board. But its ok for them? Of course it is, there's always been a double standard here.
Wanderer may be fed up with the way this place is run and shows that in his replies (this is my view, not his) yet he's allowed to be called an ass about 3 times Ive seen in these threads, and a chauvanistic jerk, which is the funniest thing ive seen around here, and the mods continue to tell us off for taking the thread a little off track about the precious hockey players. Which she was wrong about anyway.

Perhaps the Wanderer is giving back what he gets, which is far more than what most people do around here when certain mods belittle and call names.

Elvis, you've been using the " I will change you status and show you" line for 3 years now. Its not scary and never was.
And if you tell me I should know better than to air it here and to take up my problems with your mods via email, I choose not to because there is no point. Nothing is ever done about it.

GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

2-1 DUCKS ARE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 min left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

QUAAAAAACKKKKKK

GOO DUUUUCKS

I wasn't going to say anything, but just one thing...

I don't see any of the mods forcing people to be here. I don't see the mods forcing people to buy subscriptions.

If you don't like it, leave. :shrug: It's really that simple. That goes for everyone.

And I don't think the issue here is necessarily threads going off topic. Every thread goes off topic--many of the hockey player threads have and no moderator has said anything.

It's the content of the posts that is the problem.

I could go on, but it would only make things uglier and I've had enough of that already.

(Regretted posting anything, tried to delete it but it won't let me. Many apologies Ducks-Wings fans.)

Last edited:
you know what is funny, I left this site for about 3 months, and came back because somebody actually asked me to, coaxed me back and invited me to re-join the site. even said i was missed!!! haha, what a joke, eh? some of you would be surprised probably if I told you who it was that did this, but that's another time, another place...

AvsGirl, you are probably a very nice person. I am sorry I offended you. you really dont know much of what is going on here, probably never will, other than what some people might tell you when I am gone. Good luck to your Avs, I predict another Cup for them, if so hopefully not against NJ cause I dont want to go thru that nightmare again. I took a shot at your boy Patrick Roy, who I used to idolize at one point, alas humans are mere mortals... and the truth can be hard to swallow, it's kind of like when I watch the NJ Nets play now, knowing what Jason Kidd did (regardless of how sorry he may be now, no matter how sincere he is), I have to find a way to excuse it or I can't stomach watching him...

yesss!!!! the wed wings just lost in OT! that's not supposed to happen, it's just not right!

chizip and cujoe, you dont know your hockey, but you know comedy

foray and deathbear in da house! :sexywink:

um. fuck the mighty ducks. i hate to bring up something so un-p.c. here on the world's p.c. forum, but hockey should be played below the mason-dixon line. fucking southerners.

ummm... goooooo pistons!

CampbellMSU said:
um. fuck the mighty ducks. i hate to bring up something so un-p.c. here on the world's p.c. forum, but hockey should be played below the mason-dixon line. fucking southerners.

ummm... goooooo pistons!

California and its inhabitants are not "fucking Southerners." Last time I checked - California was part of the "north" during the civil war (despite not really being a state). And the mason-dixon line never went further than the mississippi (if that far).

not cool.

The Wanderer said:

tell me what is lemonite's status line, my purulent friend? gay/bi/curious I hope? :sexywink:

I'm sure you know how to look it up yourself. Don't bother though, according to manda my sarcasm was taken as a threat, something I know such a scab as yourself is completely unaffected by. :angel:

Premature playoff exit would crush Red Wings

Economist: Team, city could lose $60 million

By Ted Kulfan / The Detroit News

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- A first-round playoff loss would be a financial disaster to the Red Wings and could hurt the team in its quest to retain and sign free agents.

If the Wings' playoff run ends in California, with no further home games in Detroit, the loss to the team and its hometown will be $60 million, David Littman, Comerica Bank's chief economist, predicted Tuesday.

"With the elevated ticket prices for playoff games," Littman said, "and the enthusiasm of the fans and their willingness to spend in anticipation of victory, each home playoff game is worth about $4 million to the team. A victory parade brings another $16 million to the city.

"Last year, the Wings had 13 home playoff games (most in the NHL). So far this time, they've had two. If they lose now, it's over -- playoff revenue is truncated at $8 million instead of going the full shot to the Stanley Cup and making $68 million."

Jimmy Devellano, senior vice president of the Wings, wouldn't comment on how an economic fallout would affect the team's operation.

"It's premature," Devellano said. "We haven't lost yet. I was part of a team (1975 New York Islanders) that won four consecutive games. Our season isn't done yet."

Before the season, though, Devellano said a long playoff run is important financially to the team.

"Right now, our salaries are just under $70 million, second-highest in hockey, behind only the Rangers," Devellano said before the season. "But if we're a successful playoffs team, we can handle it."

The question is whether owner Mike Ilitch would be willing to accept a loss and keep the payroll high for next season.

The financial situation could jeopardize the future of a number of Wings players, including:

* Star center Sergei Fedorov. He will be an unrestricted free agent at season's end. He has already turned down the Wings' offer of a five-year. $50 million contract. If the Wings lose the Anaheim series, they will not go any higher. Fedorov, who reportedly is seeking $12 million a year, might have to decide between taking less money to stay in Detroit or going to a big-spending team such as the Rangers.

* Forward Darren McCarty. The fan favorite is also an unrestricted free agent and will be seeking a salary in the $2 million to $3 million per-year range. He is one of the few physical players on the team, but with his age (31) and lack of offensive output, the Wings might not be willing to meet his price.

* Center Igor Larionov. He is a locker-room leader and an inspiration to the team's other players. But at $1.5 million per year for a 42-year-old player, the Wings might decide he is a luxury they can't afford.

* Forward Luc Robitaille. After a subpar regular season in which he was benched on one occasion, the Wings won't bring him back.

* Defenseman Jason Woolley. He has been a good find, adding depth on the blue line. But at $1.3 million for Woolley, the Wings could decide to trim costs and go younger at the position, possibly 2000 first-round draft pick Niklas Kronvall.

* Captain Steve Yzerman. After a remarkable recovery from knee surgery, Yzerman has said he wants to play one more year. He probably would want the $8 million he received this season.

A quick ouster also might prevent the Wings from being very active in the free-agent market. Two years ago, the team signed Brett Hull and Robitaille and acquired a high-priced Dominik Hasek. This past season, the big free-agent catch was goalie Curtis Joseph.

This year, the Wings might be on the sideline when players such as Teemu Selanne, Joe Niewendyk and Derian Hatcher are available.

The Wings, whose ticket prices range from $22-$85 in the regular season, also might have to raise ticket prices again.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

The Wanderer said:
you know what is funny, I left this site for about 3 months, and came back because somebody actually asked me to, coaxed me back and invited me to re-join the site. even said i was missed!!! haha, what a joke, eh? some of you would be surprised probably if I told you who it was that did this, but that's another time, another place...

AvsGirl, you are probably a very nice person. I am sorry I offended you. you really dont know much of what is going on here, probably never will, other than what some people might tell you when I am gone.

Put a horn in it,
and while you're at it zooropamanda can have one too.

We alll know,
I've got two.

You're implying you're going away again,
long trip?
stay in the dungeon?
or are you just like me?

A diamond in the rough,
red in a sea of blue,
lost in a world of broken lines.
Your purpose so nobel,
your stand so righteous.
You're so tough,