Red Wings vs. Mighty Ducks - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #31
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
sorry!!! don't send patrick roy over to kick ass, oh wait, he wouldnt be interested, I'm not a woman...

I will send Marcus Camby over though and then you will pay. Not like he's doing anything now anyways

Old 04-12-2003, 09:03 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:48 PM

Old 04-12-2003, 10:58 PM   #33
Kid A

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
You really are an ass.

For your information, he never hit his wife. He wrecked a door and she called the police. By law, the police had to make an arrest because of the call.

Even if he had, abuse isn't something to make a joke about, nor does it even have anything to do with hockey playoffs.
yes, screaming in anger and pulling two doors off their hinges to get at your wife, to the point she phones 911 in terror to have him hauled away, is no big deal. i'm an ass because i think the guy is a low-life; he's a nice guy because he wins hockey games...

maybe he should try getting that angry with tie domi or something
Old 04-12-2003, 11:25 PM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer

yes, screaming in anger and pulling two doors off their hinges to get at your wife, to the point she phones 911 in terror to have him hauled away, is no big deal. i'm an ass because i think the guy is a low-life; he's a nice guy because he wins hockey games...

maybe he should try getting that angry with tie domi or something
You are great at twisting posts around.

I never said he was a nice guy. I never excused his behavior on basis of who he is. I just stated that he had not injured her and was arrested as a formality. She could have pressed charges and didn't. It's not for you or I to question.

Your the one who made a joke out of it in the first place...and then claim I condone spousal abuse. Riiiigghht. Maybe you need to reread my post, which stated:

"Even if he had, abuse isn't something to make a joke about, nor does it even have anything to do with hockey playoffs"

And it *doesn't* have anything to do with the current playoffs, especially not the Ducks-Red Wings series. Last I checked, Roy didn't even play for either of those teams. But then, your pretty good at just causing trouble in these threads.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:14 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
april what is going on with your team?
Old 04-13-2003, 03:14 AM   #36
Refugee

Meh. Just MEHHHH.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:50 PM   #37
New Yorker

ok just back from crying in the corner. what the frick? i think sergei is still broken hearted over anna and its affecting the team. that's the only thing i can come up with.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:00 PM   #38
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Red/Blood
Wings/tampons

Red Wings=Bloody Tampons

Go Ducks!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 11:25 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

well i wasnt gonna post this, but it just fits with gherman's last comment way too well not to post it

Old 04-14-2003, 09:56 AM   #40
New Yorker

Hey Chizip!

What do you think of Mike Van Ryn he's a buddy of mine?
Old 04-14-2003, 10:04 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

really? He played really well last year with Pronger, but then Pronger got hurt and he was never really able to find his groove this year. So he was sent bacl to the minors and then we traded him to Florida for Valeri Bure. He seemed like he had potential so I dont know what happened to him this year, hopefully he will get a good chance in Florida.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #42
New Yorker

Yeah,

I played with him a little bit at The University of Michigan. He's also from my home town, Lonodon Ont. He was probably had the most raw talent on the team but he tended to make some stupid mistakes on the ice. I remember his first game for St. Louis he turned over the puck in the Blues end and gave up a goal. They sent him back down for a while. I'm also good friends with Gashoff("Gasser") that played defense at Michigan. His dad was inforcer for the Blues a while ago, died in a motorcycle accident.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

yeah, gassoff was a little before my day, but, i hear he was quite the enforcer
Quote:
Bob Gassoff
By George Csolak

"Iím proud that Iím known as being tough, but Iíd like to have people recognize my hockey skills. Iíve proved that I can fight. Now I have to work on the rest of my game.
During the rich heritage of the St. Louis Blues, many a tough hombre passed through town to wear the Blue note. There was Steve Durbano, Noel Picard, the Plager brothers, Bob "Battleship" Kelly, Andre "Moose" DuPontÖ the list goes on.

None, however, was as tough as Bob Gassoff.

Gassoff only spent four seasons with the Blues before his tragic death following a motorcycle accident on Memorial Day weekend in 1977. During those four seasons, Gassoff was not only the Bluesí chief enforcer, he was evolving into a fine all-around defenseman and leader.

"Heís the most improved player on the club," then-Blues coach Emile Francis said during the 1976-77 season. The 5-foot-10, 195 pound Gassoff had improved his puck-carrying skills and his shot from the point. He also earned the respect of teammates and management for playing through injuries.

A native of Quesnel, British Columbia, Gassoff broke in with the Blues in 1973-74. The year before, he was selected with the 48th pick in the draft. In 28 games, Gassoff had no goals, three assists and 84 penalty minutes. The left-handed shooting rear guard played 60, 80 and 77 games the next three seasons and established himself as one of the most fearsome players in the game. In 1975-76, Gassoff had 306 penalty minutes. In his final season, he had a career-high six goals and 24 points, tracking in another 254 minutes in penalties.

While Gassoff never hesitated to drop the gloves in defending a teammate or fending off an attack from an opponent who wanted to try his luck, he became frustrated about the way NHL officials perceived him. In 1976 interview with the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Gassoff talked about those perceptions.

"They figure that anything that happens to me, I deserve it," said Gassoff of the referees. "But I donít think I play that dirty. When I go to take out a big guy ó and Iím not big ó they see me coming and they get their stick up. If I bring my stick up, even though I donít hit them with it, the ref thinks so.

"Iím proud that Iím known as being tough, but Iíd like to have people recognize my hockey skills. Iíve proved that I can fight. Now I have to work on the rest of my game.

I donít want to be known as a goon. Iíll fight anytime someone tries to push me or one of teammates around, but I donít go out on the ice looking for fights."

Gassoff was considered an integral player to rebuild the franchise around in 1976. Bernie Federko and Brian Sutter were drafted that year 1976 and the future looked bright from a personnel standpoint. Until that fateful Memorial Day weekend. The team had gathered for a post-season party at Garry Ungerís farm near Gray Summit, MO. Gassoff was riding his motorcycle and collided with a vehicle on a road near the farm.

He died a short time later.

Gassoffís death stunned the Blues. It especially shook his defense partner and close friend, Bruce Affleck.

"It was just a big crush," said Affleck, "Gasserís death really hurt," Federko agreed, calling Gassoff "irreplaceable."

The Blues failed to reach the playoffs the next two seasons. In 1978-79, they managed just 48 points ó a low water mark for the franchise ó en route to a 18-50-12 season. Affleck said the death of Gassoff and the teamís sudden collapse were no coincidence.

To this day, longtime Blues followers ó Affleck included ó say Gassoff was without peer as an enforcer.

"He was the toughest player Iíve ever seen," said Affleck.

anyway, to get this thread back on topic, big big game for the red wings tonight. if they lose they are pretty much doomed. you wings fans gotta be sweating bullets.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:02 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm going to have to ask a few of you to please refrain from posting certain things or getting off-topic here about what certain players may or may not have done in their personal lives.

Keep the discussion to the hockey. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:57 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Been AWOL for awhile... but tonight I am the wall. Don't worry Wings fans... this bastard has your back!