Red, White and Randboooooom!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The air conditioning was broken in my part of the office today :|

Oh yes, I really enjoyed it being 26C for most of my day with a fan blowing warm air on my neck which is now sore.

We were walking around the neighborhood and saw a grown man and his son kicking the geese by the canal. :| I didn't know whether to scream at him or throw up. It REALLY bothered me, but I was afraid to actually say something to him because I'm sure a person who kicks animals would have no problem kicking a human into the canal, either.

Schmeg said:
We were walking around the neighborhood and saw a grown man and his son kicking the geese by the canal. :| I didn't know whether to scream at him or throw up. It REALLY bothered me, but I was afraid to actually say something to him because I'm sure a person who kicks animals would have no problem kicking a human into the canal, either.

:madwife:

I probably would have yelled something....and then run for my life! :D

:drool: I went to one of the Irish stores this morning. I asked if they had a book specifically on the west of Ireland and ended up having a lovely conversation with the owner...who is from Ireland. :drool: The accent :heart: :love: He gave me an Ireland travel magazine to look through. He also said he'd look around to see if he could order anything and to stop back in a few weeks. :drool:

arw9797 said:
:drool: I went to one of the Irish stores this morning. I asked if they had a book specifically on the west of Ireland and ended up having a lovely conversation with the owner...who is from Ireland. :drool: The accent :heart: :love: He gave me an Ireland travel magazine to look through. He also said he'd look around to see if he could order anything and to stop back in a few weeks. :drool:

That's funny that you went to one of the stores today....I went to Dublin and my little store earlier!

Schmeg said:

WTF? What is up with people? Why would someone get their jollies out of kicking a defenseless animal like that? That kind of thing really bothers me.

There is some weird noise coming from next door in the garage area. Earlier today my dad was outside and apparently the man next door was run off the road and was in a really bad accident on a back road that turns on to our street (for those of you who have been to my house you have not been on this road as I do not like it very much) and his car was totalled. He was able to walk back to the house and collapse on the porch. I guess he was cut up and bleeding pretty bad and was taken to the hospital by ambulence.

arw9797 said:

:madwife:

I probably would have yelled something....and then run for my life! :D
:lol: After the fact that's what I thought I should have done! I wanted to call the police. What an ass!!! :mad:

I got an e-mail from a synchro coordinator for a nearby ice rink! I guess they were impressed with my synchro resume from Warwick Figure Skaters' most successful seasons that I e-mailed them and they want my input on recruiting skaters! :D

Did you have a tough time recruiting skaters in RI? It's like pulling teeth here.
1991-2001: 40-50 people would show up at tryouts for 3-7 teams that took 12-28 skaters.

2002-2005: 25 people would show up for tryouts for 3-5 teams that took 17-24 skaters.

2006: Warwick Figure Skaters and Pawtucket and Providence Figure Skating Club combine coaches, skaters, and resources for the Rhode Island Synchronized Skating Association.

:|

Last edited:
Kariann said:
There is some weird noise coming from next door in the garage area. Earlier today my dad was outside and apparently the man next door was run off the road and was in a really bad accident on a back road that turns on to our street (for those of you who have been to my house you have not been on this road as I do not like it very much) and his car was totalled. He was able to walk back to the house and collapse on the porch. I guess he was cut up and bleeding pretty bad and was taken to the hospital by ambulence.
:ohmy: That's horrible!

:crack: So much for sleeping in and taking it easy today. In the last 2 hours I've walked around the lake in the hot sun, stopped at Caribou for a carmel cooler :drool:, picked up a few things at Trader Joe's, stopped at Half Price Books to pick up the 2 Irish history books I saw the other day but thought I wouldn't read but have been thinking about them ever since, put together my laundry to take with me to the house later, changed, and now I'm off to see Pirates....

Kariann said:

:eek: that's really scary. At least he was able to make it home and not collapse in the middle of the road with no one around.

arw9797 said:
:crack: So much for sleeping in and taking it easy today. In the last 2 hours I've walked around the lake in the hot sun, stopped at Caribou for a carmel cooler :drool:, picked up a few things at Trader Joe's, stopped at Half Price Books to pick up the 2 Irish history books I saw the other day but thought I wouldn't read but have been thinking about them ever since, put together my laundry to take with me to the house later, changed, and now I'm off to see Pirates....

Have fun at Pirates. My friend Margaret went to see it this week and said it was excellent. Typically I wait for the DVD release of most movies. But I think I may have to see it in the theater now.

Schmeg said:

:lol: After the fact that's what I thought I should have done! I wanted to call the police. What an ass!!! :mad:

Call the police if you see it again. There is a law against animal cruelty and there may even be a local ordinance against doing anything to those geese. There is a preserve near one of shopping complex's in Grand Rapids, all kinds Geese live there and no one is allowed to touch them period, because of an ordinance.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

I saw Pirates last week....definitely worth it!

I think I'm going to use my ON GC's that I won during the QB and then I have to go through the bag of stuff that I cleared out from my desk last week.

Blue Room said:

Have fun at Pirates. My friend Margaret went to see it this week and said it was excellent. Typically I wait for the DVD release of most movies. But I think I may have to see it in the theater now.

I waited for the DVD for the first Pirates but had to go see this one on the big screen. It was still packed last week when we went...every seat was filled in the theater.

Kariann said:

I waited for the DVD for the first Pirates but had to go see this one on the big screen. It was still packed last week when we went...every seat was filled in the theater.

I did as well. Actually my nephew got it for his birthday and told Uncle Mike I HAD to watch this movie with him. :laugh: I wasnt that excited about it, but was pleasantly surprised. So I should go see it in the theater this time. I will probably wait for the crowds to die down though and see it in a few weeks.

Blue Room said:

Call the police if you see it again. There is a law against animal cruelty and there may even be a local ordinance against doing anything to those geese. There is a preserve near one of shopping complex's in Grand Rapids, all kinds Geese live there and no one is allowed to touch them period, because of an ordinance.
There might be an ordinance, that would be good to find out. The geese do hiss at people walking by, but they're just protecting their families, that's no reason to kick them...and it's just hissing, they're not biting anyone. :shrug:

I have no interest in either Pirates of the Carribean movie. :silent:

I finally watched the first Pirates during my time off (thank you Netflix). I loved it and I now own it :shifty:

the whole geese thing ~ I agree with BR, if you see it again call the cops. What a great :| example that man is setting for his son.

Kariann, your neighbor was lucky to make it back home ~especially since the car was totaled. Wow.

kellyahern said:

I haven't seen either one :reject:. But I did go on the ride today :wink: .
I love the ride. :D My brother was TERRIFIED on that ride when he was 8; he thought real pirates were shooting real cannonballs at us in the beginning. :der:

Okay, I have a moral dilemma. I would appreciate anyone's help, especially my fellow figure skating fans.

I've had the song Georgia on My Mind stuck in my head all day for no apparent reason, so I've been thinking of an OLD Scott Hamilton program to it (great program...green silk shirt...folding chair...trademark backflip...good stuff). I thought the version I liked was Louis Armstrong, but no.

It's Michael Bolton. I even did the iTunes preview and it's Michael Bolton. I Googled Scott Hamilton + Georgia on My Mind and there's no escaping it...it's Michael Bolton.

:eek:

So my dilemma is...do I actually give Michael Bolton some money because, unfortunately, his is the version I like, or just find another version that's as good if not better?

:help:

shari schultz said:
I finally watched the first Pirates during my time off (thank you Netflix). I loved it and I now own it :shifty:

I originally was like...oh it's gonna be cheesy so I'll wait and watch it since I like Johnny Depp but then I loved it. I watched it when I was home sick. It's one of those movies that you watch for pure entertainment purposes. Captain Jack Sparrow is awesome!

Schmeg said:
Okay, I have a moral dilemma. I would appreciate anyone's help, especially my fellow figure skating fans.

I've had the song Georgia on My Mind stuck in my head all day for no apparent reason, so I've been thinking of an OLD Scott Hamilton program to it (great program...green silk shirt...folding chair...trademark backflip...good stuff). I thought the version I liked was Louis Armstrong, but no.

It's Michael Bolton. I even did the iTunes preview and it's Michael Bolton. I Googled Scott Hamilton + Georgia on My Mind and there's no escaping it...it's Michael Bolton.

:eek:

So my dilemma is...do I actually give Michael Bolton some money because, unfortunately, his is the version I like, or just find another version that's as good if not better?

:help:

I think the version one you are thinking of is Ray Charles which I think is the original version although I could be wrong on that but that one is the best so if I were buying it I would get Ray's.

Kariann said:

I think the version one you are thinking of is Ray Charles which I think is the original version although I could be wrong on that but that one is the best so if I were buying it I would get Ray's.
Ray Charles!!! I bet that's who I'm thinking of! You saved me!

:hug: :love: :heart: :drool:

Edit: Okay, previewed it on iTunes, and I really am thinking of Michael's, but I'm still buying Ray's out of principle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom