Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

click me...
Hi-fucking-larious, you unoriginal .

Old 10-13-2004, 08:50 PM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Dammit. Who smuggled Greg Maddux into Jon Lieber's uniform?

Old 10-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #108
War Child

Wow that was awful. The sox had maybe 3-5 quality at bats the whole game.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:03 PM
headache, if you were a yankees fan i might actually hate you.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahaha

start spreadin' the news...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #111
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:03 PM
The Sox are disappointing me. They're supposed to be better than this.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:22 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

pedro pitched well.

the sox o is just anemic.

this series is over unless the sawx sweep the 3 at fenway.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:37 AM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

My six year old little girl, sat on the couch last night holding the baseball Pedro gave to her. He spotted her before a game in August, walked over to her and said "Here's a ball for the pretty girl".

She clutched that ball all night until she fell asleep on the couch.

Sadly, she cried in the first inning and asked, "Will the Red Sox ever beat the Yankees?"

I told her NO. They have not beat them in the important games in my lifeltime.

"But why Dad?"

I shook my head and said, I do not know.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:21 AM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
i never thought i could meet a group of fans more obnoxious and annoying than yankee fans... and then i went to college in dead smack in the middle of "red sox nation," a place where they celebrate super bowl victories with chants of "yankees suck."
I always have to bring this up when you decide to let us know how obnoxious Boston fans are, but I guess its time again.
OK I agree the Yankees Suck chant is a bit annoying, though at some times it can be amusing. Lets not forget NYers love their chants such as "1918" and the now oh so clever "Who's Your Daddy", but I am all for a bit of good natured razzing in sport, its part of being a fan, but...

New York hockey fans mad this chant famous when the Flyers used to come to town after the death of goalie Pelle Lindbergh in a horrific car crash:
"Drive a Porshe Hextall, Drive a Porsche (clap clap)".
There is no way any city's fans will ever top that for being obnoxious.
You win that title New York.
Case Closed
Old 10-14-2004, 05:44 AM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Well, there are SOME very obnoxious Boston people, and SOME very obnoxious NY people. Most of it is in good fun..

But I stilll hate the Yankees w/ a hate that knows no bounds..

No one can understand the pain of being a Red Sox fan until you've lived it. I never get my hopes up anymore, and I think the deal was sealed this year w/ what happened to Curt

Old 10-14-2004, 07:09 AM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I always have to bring this up when you decide to let us know how obnoxious Boston fans are, but I guess its time again.
OK I agree the Yankees Suck chant is a bit annoying, though at some times it can be amusing. Lets not forget NYers love their chants such as "1918" and the now oh so clever "Who's Your Daddy", but I am all for a bit of good natured razzing in sport, its part of being a fan, but...

New York hockey fans mad this chant famous when the Flyers used to come to town after the death of goalie Pelle Lindbergh in a horrific car crash:
"Drive a Porshe Hextall, Drive a Porsche (clap clap)".
There is no way any city's fans will ever top that for being obnoxious.
You win that title New York.
Case Closed
as opposed to the PC goodness of "kidd beats his wife" or "jeter has aids." scumbags root for all teams

and plus... i never said yankee fans weren't obnoxious. if you look back again, you'll see that i said i never thought i'd meet fans more obnoxious than yankee fans... which, in turn, is calling yankee fans obnoxious. ahh der. obviously yankee fans are obnoxious arrogent annoying F'ers... but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much anymore. maybe it's because their team has the track record to back them up, where as red sox fans haven't won a damned thing since 1918, yet they're just as cocky and annoying.

re-read what chizip said about red sox fans. it's how i feel to a T, only my dislike of red sox fans is multiplied 10 times over because i actually lived with them for years. and let me also say that yes... i hate the red sox... and i say i "hate" their fans... but some of those fans are still some of my best friends. it's all in good fun, and right now i'm having a ball baby
Old 10-14-2004, 07:52 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

article

Quote:
BOSTON -- So what does it feel like to hear a stadium crammed with Yankees fans at full roar all chanting "Who's Your Daddy?" over and over and over and over and over?

"It actually made me feel really, really good," Pedro Martinez said after his team's 3-1 loss in Game 2. "I actually realized that I was somebody important, because I caught the attention of 60,000 people, plus you guys [reporters], plus the whole world watching a guy that if you reverse time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus. And today I was the center of the attention of the whole city of New York.

"I thank God for that and you know what? I don't regret one bit what they do out there. I respect them and I actually kind of like it because I don't like to brag about myself, I don't like to talk about myself, but they made me feel important."
Anybody else reminded of the Budweiser "Wazzup" commercial with the Texan guy?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

as opposed to the PC goodness of "kidd beats his wife" or "jeter has aids." scumbags root for all teams
I've never heard the Jeter has aids chant, in fact until you mentioned it I didn't even know he had contracted the virus. Guess I was out of the loop on that news. He seems to be doing as well as Magic with it.
As for the Kidd thing, that one may be a bit over the line (though its obvious JoMama Kidd was only bringing that alien headed baby and sitting courtside to get noticed for a TV gig), but the fact is Kidd is a felon who should have been punished more severely...Hextall is (was) just a goalie, NY fans chanting that they want him to die in a horrific manner like his predecessor takes the cake for over the line chanting by a long shot.

I think Friday (weather permitting) I'll try to start the "Nomar's Better" chant when Jeter steps up to the plate, the comical irony would be quite amusing, we'll see if others will follow along.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

and plus... i never said yankee fans weren't obnoxious. if you look back again, you'll see that i said i never thought i'd meet fans more obnoxious than yankee fans... which, in turn, is calling yankee fans obnoxious. ahh der. obviously yankee fans are obnoxious arrogent annoying F'ers.
I know what you said, what I said was that NY fans IMO are the most obnoxious to the point of extremely poor taste (hence the Hextall example), whereas you argued that Boston fans were more obnoxious.
You made a point, I made a clinching counterpoint.
Ahh der yourself.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I've never heard the Jeter has aids chant, in fact until you mentioned it I didn't even know he had contracted the virus. Guess I was out of the loop on that news. He seems to be doing as well as Magic with it.
It wasn't a chant, as far as I know. But T-shirts with that phrase on it exist:

link

I have to say that it's pretty poor.