Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsSpringsteen said:
Headache, you should make an office of Yankee Fan Security, indicating the likelihood that most Yankee fans are pompous a**es

Oh yeah, what would be the point, since it would always be at severe...:D

Oh, and A Rod sucks, and so does Jeter-talk about pompous a's :yuck:

And Joe Torre picks his nose 50% of the time when the camera's on him.

The Sox should check the ball every time Torre makes a pitching change...I'll bet the Yankees bullpen's success is due to an illegal boogerball.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
strange how people are allowed to hate the yankees and their fans no matter what team they root for, yet if a person hates the red sox :shocked: they MUST be a yankee fan.

Funny story about the '86 Series:

The Prudential building in Boston lit up a giant "1" at night during the Sox-Mets World Series. Apparently there was a slight problem because the resident of one of the window offices was a die-hard Mets fan. Eventually they managed to get his office lit though. I guess they tied him up or something.

After the Mets won, some kids at MIT (just across the river from Boston) hacked into the lights of the Green building (a 20-story tower) and lit up a giant "2".

All he needs is a blankie and he'll be all set...

Derek.JPG

StlElevation said:
then Pedro must step it up a notch to 1999

Hell, I'll be happy with the 2003 model of Pedro (for seven innings of course).

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

start spreadin' the news...

Last edited:
pedro pitched well.

the sox o is just anemic.

this series is over unless the sawx sweep the 3 at fenway.

My six year old little girl, sat on the couch last night holding the baseball Pedro gave to her. He spotted her before a game in August, walked over to her and said "Here's a ball for the pretty girl".

She clutched that ball all night until she fell asleep on the couch.

Sadly, she cried in the first inning and asked, "Will the Red Sox ever beat the Yankees?"

I told her NO. They have not beat them in the important games in my lifeltime.

"But why Dad?"

I shook my head and said, I do not know.

i never thought i could meet a group of fans more obnoxious and annoying than yankee fans... and then i went to college in dead smack in the middle of "red sox nation," a place where they celebrate super bowl victories with chants of "yankees suck."
I always have to bring this up when you decide to let us know how obnoxious Boston fans are, but I guess its time again.
OK I agree the Yankees Suck chant is a bit annoying, though at some times it can be amusing. Lets not forget NYers love their chants such as "1918" and the now oh so clever "Who's Your Daddy", but I am all for a bit of good natured razzing in sport, its part of being a fan, but...

New York hockey fans mad this chant famous when the Flyers used to come to town after the death of goalie Pelle Lindbergh in a horrific car crash:
"Drive a Porshe Hextall, Drive a Porsche (clap clap)".
There is no way any city's fans will ever top that for being obnoxious.
You win that title New York.
Case Closed

Well, there are SOME very obnoxious Boston people, and SOME very obnoxious NY people. Most of it is in good fun..

But I stilll hate the Yankees w/ a hate that knows no bounds..

No one can understand the pain of being a Red Sox fan until you've lived it. I never get my hopes up anymore, and I think the deal was sealed this year w/ what happened to Curt :(

:banghead:

Hewson said:
I always have to bring this up when you decide to let us know how obnoxious Boston fans are, but I guess its time again.
OK I agree the Yankees Suck chant is a bit annoying, though at some times it can be amusing. Lets not forget NYers love their chants such as "1918" and the now oh so clever "Who's Your Daddy", but I am all for a bit of good natured razzing in sport, its part of being a fan, but...

New York hockey fans mad this chant famous when the Flyers used to come to town after the death of goalie Pelle Lindbergh in a horrific car crash:
"Drive a Porshe Hextall, Drive a Porsche (clap clap)".
There is no way any city's fans will ever top that for being obnoxious.
You win that title New York.
Case Closed

as opposed to the PC goodness of "kidd beats his wife" or "jeter has aids." scumbags root for all teams

and plus... i never said yankee fans weren't obnoxious. if you look back again, you'll see that i said i never thought i'd meet fans more obnoxious than yankee fans... which, in turn, is calling yankee fans obnoxious. ahh der. obviously yankee fans are obnoxious arrogent annoying F'ers... but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much anymore. :hmm: maybe it's because their team has the track record to back them up, where as red sox fans haven't won a damned thing since 1918, yet they're just as cocky and annoying.

re-read what chizip said about red sox fans. it's how i feel to a T, only my dislike of red sox fans is multiplied 10 times over because i actually lived with them for years. and let me also say that yes... i hate the red sox... and i say i "hate" their fans... but some of those fans are still some of my best friends. it's all in good fun, and right now i'm having a ball baby :hyper:

Last edited:
article

BOSTON -- So what does it feel like to hear a stadium crammed with Yankees fans at full roar all chanting "Who's Your Daddy?" over and over and over and over and over?

"It actually made me feel really, really good," Pedro Martinez said after his team's 3-1 loss in Game 2. "I actually realized that I was somebody important, because I caught the attention of 60,000 people, plus you guys [reporters], plus the whole world watching a guy that if you reverse time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus. And today I was the center of the attention of the whole city of New York.

"I thank God for that and you know what? I don't regret one bit what they do out there. I respect them and I actually kind of like it because I don't like to brag about myself, I don't like to talk about myself, but they made me feel important."

Anybody else reminded of the Budweiser "Wazzup" commercial with the Texan guy?

as opposed to the PC goodness of "kidd beats his wife" or "jeter has aids." scumbags root for all teams
I've never heard the Jeter has aids chant, in fact until you mentioned it I didn't even know he had contracted the virus. Guess I was out of the loop on that news. He seems to be doing as well as Magic with it.
As for the Kidd thing, that one may be a bit over the line (though its obvious JoMama Kidd was only bringing that alien headed baby and sitting courtside to get noticed for a TV gig), but the fact is Kidd is a felon who should have been punished more severely...Hextall is (was) just a goalie, NY fans chanting that they want him to die in a horrific manner like his predecessor takes the cake for over the line chanting by a long shot.

I think Friday (weather permitting) I'll try to start the "Nomar's Better" chant when Jeter steps up to the plate, the comical irony would be quite amusing, we'll see if others will follow along.

and plus... i never said yankee fans weren't obnoxious. if you look back again, you'll see that i said i never thought i'd meet fans more obnoxious than yankee fans... which, in turn, is calling yankee fans obnoxious. ahh der. obviously yankee fans are obnoxious arrogent annoying F'ers.
I know what you said, what I said was that NY fans IMO are the most obnoxious to the point of extremely poor taste (hence the Hextall example), whereas you argued that Boston fans were more obnoxious.
You made a point, I made a clinching counterpoint.
Ahh der yourself.
:wink:

Hewson said:
I've never heard the Jeter has aids chant, in fact until you mentioned it I didn't even know he had contracted the virus. Guess I was out of the loop on that news. He seems to be doing as well as Magic with it.

It wasn't a chant, as far as I know. But T-shirts with that phrase on it exist:

link

I have to say that it's pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom