Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all the Red Sox fans!

Great series!!!

You guys deserve this!!!

Woo hooo!!!

Now please help me cheer on the Cards tomorrow night!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Truly, that was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Its inconceivable to me that they were down 3-0 and they just won the series.

SUCH a deserved win.

:up:

Yankees have 26 WS championships and the worst loss in the history of baseball. The crown of all CHOKES now belongs to the Yanks.

Last edited:
Sox really do deserve this... for the Yankees, blowing a 3-0 lead like that is a team effort :down:

but don't get too cocky Sox fans... whether or not you believe in it, the curse still hasn't been broken :wink:

and umass is being burned to the ground.

seriously, there are helicopters flying around out there.

easytiger said:
Sox really do deserve this... for the Yankees, blowing a 3-0 lead like that is a team effort :down:

but don't get too cocky Sox fans... whether or not you believe in it, the curse still hasn't been broken :wink:

The curse of the Bambino is gone, soon to be replaced with the curse of Roger Clemens (he's probably on schedule to pitch game 7 if the Astros win).

reading this thread from the point i last posted until now was actually pretty pathetic. each and every one of you lost your faith and was expecting the worst when pedro gave up 2 stinkin' runs in a 7 run game. come on now... seriously... the red sox dominated the entire game, yet you're still expecting the worst.

all credit due to the red sox players, and all credit lost to the yankees players, who have succesfuly completed the greatest collapse in baseball history... for now.

as for the fans, you're still a bunch of phonys.

like i said from the start, and like i repeat over and over again, i am NOT a yankee fan, i am a fan of whoever is playing against the red sox. i hope it's the astros, but if it's the cardinals, so be it. whoever wins tommorow's game 7 now becomes my second favorite team.

tonight hurt... absolutely it did. but it's not the end all, it's just another notch in the ladder.

the curse is reversed? bullshit the curse is reversed... in 1986 the red sox beat the yankees and advanced to the world series. sure it was in the regular season, but back then the regular season was the only time they could meet. it was impossiable for two teams from the same division to meet in the playoffs. yet, the red sox beat the yankees, and still went on to lose the world series in the most embarassing of fashions... the "bill buckner" game... the second worst collapse in baseball history (second only to the 2004 yankees... a team that is an absolute disgrace).

so all i have to say is this... win the world series. go ahead... you have no excuse anymore. you have finally exorcised the demons, or so you think. the yankees are gone... WIN THE WORLD SERIES. if the sox win the series, then they deserve to, and then you can go ahead and burn the city of boston down like we all know will happen if and when they do actually win the world series. but if the sox don't win the series now... if they fall short yet again... then please... red sox fans and non red sox fans who just feel like jumping on the bandwagon (wink wink to most of those who post in this forum)... if you don't win this world series, then please... just shut the fuck up, and shut the fuck up forever. there is no excuse anymore. WIN IT. Win the damned thing. If you don't win, I don't want to hear another fucking whine about how the yankees have a higher payroll or the curse or anything. WIN or shutup.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
reading this thread from the point i last posted until now was actually pretty pathetic. each and every one of you lost your faith and was expecting the worst when pedro gave up 2 stinkin' runs in a 7 run game. come on now... seriously... the red sox dominated the entire game, yet you're still expecting the worst.

all credit due to the red sox players, and all credit lost to the yankees players, who have succesfuly completed the greatest collapse in baseball history... for now.

as for the fans, you're still a bunch of phonys.

like i said from the start, and like i repeat over and over again, i am NOT a yankee fan, i am a fan of whoever is playing against the red sox. i hope it's the astros, but if it's the cardinals, so be it. whoever wins tommorow's game 7 now becomes my second favorite team.

tonight hurt... absolutely it did. but it's not the end all, it's just another notch in the ladder.

the curse is reversed? bullshit the curse is reversed... in 1986 the red sox beat the yankees and advanced to the world series. sure it was in the regular season, but back then the regular season was the only time they could meet. it was impossiable for two teams from the same division to meet in the playoffs. yet, the red sox beat the yankees, and still went on to lose the world series in the most embarassing of fashions... the "bill buckner" game... the second worst collapse in baseball history (second only to the 2004 yankees... a team that is an absolute disgrace).

so all i have to say is this... win the world series. go ahead... you have no excuse anymore. you have finally exorcised the demons, or so you think. the yankees are gone... WIN THE WORLD SERIES. if the sox win the series, then they deserve to, and then you can go ahead and burn the city of boston down like we all know will happen if and when they do actually win the world series. but if the sox don't win the series now... if they fall short yet again... then please... red sox fans and non red sox fans who just feel like jumping on the bandwagon (wink wink to most of those who post in this forum)... if you don't win this world series, then please... just shut the fuck up, and shut the fuck up forever. there is no excuse anymore. WIN IT. Win the damned thing. If you don't win, I don't want to hear another fucking whine about how the yankees have a higher payroll or the curse or anything. WIN or shutup.

I'm quite impressed by your ability to launch profanity-laced personal insults to a large number of people while hiding behind a computer screen.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

Does anybody want to deny that even tho the game was won--the move to bring Pedro in was stupid? I don't think so. The Sox know better than anyone that its not over till the last out is recorded and that was a dumb move. You have to expect the worst and hope for the best. I would do the same if my team was in that postition.

I didn't watch the game, because I was too nervous about the Yankees' chances. I woke up this morning, and learned what happened.

As I've said before, the Sox deserved to win this series. They were obviously the better team. Now I hope they go all the way and win the Series...and share some of that New England luck with the junior senator from Massachusetts!

And I wish--although this won't happen--that Steinbrenner would realize that it's not the length of a player's hair or the absence of a beard that determines a player's character--it's the size of his heart. Johnny Damon isn't clean-shaven, like the Boss likes his players, but he has been a Yankee killer his entire career and he came through for his team--again!

that was a beautiful game! WOOHOO! had a fun time also during it at a awesome restaurant/bar with a irish carbomb, a local light ale beer, some clam chowder an a great sandwich and a jeagermeister shot right after that last out. now its all about NLCS Game 7 tonight. :D

i had a confrontation with a bitchy girl yanks fan, woo it wasn't pretty. i told her she don't know shit, lol. i mean look, the sox come back an win 4 in a row. she then says that the cards will beat em, the cards haven't even won yet, lol. had another rude dude say sox sucks, i told him a couple words along lines of... take your 26 world series an shove em up ur ass. sorry if i offended any yanks fans but its time that the sox got the chance again. i only said it to the dude but not to the girl cuz i couldn't.

great series alltogether. :up:

speedracer said:

I'm quite impressed by your ability to launch profanity-laced personal insults to a large number of people while hiding behind a computer screen.

i'm quite impressed with your ability to report a post rather than respond to it

no excuses anymore... win it all or shut up. if they win it, i'll shut up about them forever. if they lose yet again, then all you peope who whine and moan about the yankees and all that crap can just shut up.

Last edited:
Jeez headache, come on.. take a step back and relax..and to actually address one of your points, you'd have to live it to understand why people were apprehensive w/ Pedro or at any other point in the game. It's a complex psychological thing that only the people who suffer from it can understand.

I just want to thank Diane L for being a major league CLASS ACT Yankee fan :up:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Jeez headache, come on.. take a step back and relax..and to actually address one of your points, you'd have to live it to understand why people were apprehensive w/ Pedro or at any other point in the game. It's a complex psychological thing that only the people who suffer from it can understand.

I just want to thank Diane L for being a major league CLASS ACT Yankee fan :up:

now should i report this thread for insinuating that i'm classless?

edit out all the curses in my post... fine... i've said before when i come back from the bar i tend to drop a lot of F bombs when i post. so go ahead... take 'em out.

and i'm still trying to find my profanity laced personal insult. the only thing you could take as an insult out of my entire post was me calling red sox fans "phonys." no cuses there.

and trust me speedracer... i have no problem saying all this to red sox fans in the flesh. i've done it a million times, and any of my friends from college will vouch for that. the first person i called last night after the game was a former teammate of mine from new hampshire. i told him, and i quote, "congrats, now win the world series or shut the :censored: up forever. i then went on to describe to him my dream of the red sox losing game 7 in fenway park with roger clemens on the mound and craig biggio driving in the game winning RBI.

what's the point of that story? the point is this phony stupid moronic red sox fan is one of my best damn friends. when i get married (a looooong time away) he'll be in my wedding party. that's the great damned thing about sports. you can have fun with it, you can needle each other back and forth, insult each other's teams and all that good stuff, and then in the end you're still best friends, 'cause hey... it's just a damn game, right?

i've had many a profanity laced post directed my way... even in this very thread. :shrug: so what. that's sports. are the people who said they had to lurk in this thread to "counter Headache's idiocy" or the people who told me to "shut the fuck up" classless? no... it's friggin sports. sports talk radio, tv shows like Pardon The Interruption... they're all based on the same damn thing... that people can sit around, trade jabs at each other about this team or that team, and then when it's all over laugh about it and still be friends. it's what seperates sports from politics, and i'm sorry that some people can't make that distinction.

if my cursing offended anybody, my sincere appologies. if you're offended that i called red sox fans phonys, by all means, my sincere appologies.

buit when ya slice away all that BS my post still comes down to one simple thing. there are no excuses anymore. if the red sox win the world series, i can't bring up how they're choke artists and how they'll never win the world series again. but if they lose, you can never blame it on the yankees or their payroll or steinbrenner or body suit man and his calzones or anything. the excuses are gone. win or go home.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm really late for work.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

The curse of the Bambino is gone, soon to be replaced with the curse of Roger Clemens (he's probably on schedule to pitch game 7 if the Astros win).
As much as I hate to agree with #1 Yankee fan Headache...the supposed "Curse of the Bambino" is not broken, if you belive in it.
The curse is that the Red Sox won't win the World Series...guess what, they haven't yet.
So lets enjoy a historic comeback against a stacked Yankee lineup (maybe now George and Brian understand pitching wins in the playoffs, not hitting, see Harvey's Wallbangers from Milwaukee 1982 for reference), but not lose focus...this team needs 4 more wins to truly accomplish its goal.

As for everyone whining about Pedro...its clear to me the only reason he goes into pitch is that he demanded to and Wallace and Francona complied. He wanted to put thye Yankees' Daddy crap behind him, but he should have sat quietly and let Derek Lowe continue, or if it was determined that Lowe was done, the normal bullpen should be able to bring home an 8-1 lead from the 7th inning on.
Its just his ego. And not a bright move considering he should be your WS game 1 starter, now the talk is Wakefield in game 1, Schilling in 2 and Pedro in 3.

OK headache, my patience is wearing thin..I didn't mean AT ALL to imply that you were "classless" by saying that about Diane. Sorry if that's the impression I created. But how would that even apply to you since you're not even a Yankee fan:shrug:

I was simply trying to compliment Diane, but that's it, I'm staying out of this :censored: forum, honestly mostly because of you. I could say some things about your demeanor, but I won't bother..

Hewson said:
As for everyone whining about Pedro...its clear to me the only reason he goes into pitch is that he demanded to and Wallace and Francona complied. He wanted to put thye Yankees' Daddy crap behind him, but he should have sat quietly and let Derek Lowe continue, or if it was determined that Lowe was done, the normal bullpen should be able to bring home an 8-1 lead from the 7th inning on.
Its just his ego. And not a bright move considering he should be your WS game 1 starter, now the talk is Wakefield in game 1, Schilling in 2 and Pedro in 3.

Absolutely. A manager has to take charge and tell Pedro that no, you can't go in, we're not gonna do anything that might wake the crowd up.

Other than that, Francona really handled the bullpen brilliantly the last four games.

Headache,

With all due respect, we are not friends. I would guess that many of the others in this thread are not friends of yours either. It would be best if we took a more genteel approach when addressing each other. Agreed?

People shouldn't get in such a huff over sports banter on a message board, its not like anyone lied and told you they were Derek Jeter posting or Kevin Millar or something, lets not lose our Edge.

Well, this message board isn't supposed to be like the board at ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom