Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the umpires made the right call but the call is strange to begin with... it's sort of like major league baseball's version of the tuck rule. it actually doesn't say anywhere in the rule book that he can't slap the ball away... it says in the umpire's addendum, a section added to the rule book to "clarify" certain rules, that you can't slap it away :shrug: whatever... they made the right call. it's confusing because if a-rod would have just barrelled arroyo over, dropping the shoulder right into his glove in an effort to dislodge the ball, there would be no interference because a-rod has the right to the basepath. but when he makes that slapping motion, it's illegal. confusing yes, right call, also yes.

A - Fraud

I borrowed this from another msg board

MenOnCheapPlays.jpg

Just a bit of info from Game 5, David Ortiz' attempted steal in the 12th inning was a hit and run, but Doug Mientkiewicz missed the sign.

May The Best Team Win

MrsSpringsteen said:
They even have a link to make the bloody sock your wallpaper

Oh, Red Sox Nation!

Seriously...I know that as the #1 Yankees fan in Interland, I should be wishing for the total annihilation of the Sox tonight. But any team that can come back from a 3-0 deficit deserves my respect and admiration. Plus...for all of your angst and overwrought emotion all of these years...maybe it's time for the Sox fans to finally taste the champagne.

I am willing to cede the #1 Yankees fan title to Headache at this time. May the best team win.

And I admit this, too...if the Sox pull this off, I hope it is a good sign for another citizen of Massachusetts to also win 13 days from now...

Headache, just admit it now instead of waiting till a cop finds you in a rest area men's room with a Yankees cap on singing "Faith" and "Father Figure".:wink:

Hewson said:
Headache, just admit it now instead of waiting till a cop finds you in a rest area men's room with a Yankees cap on singing "Faith" and "Father Figure".:wink:

:up: fine... i'll admit it. i'm a yankees fan. also, i'd now like to admit that I was the gunman on the grassy knoll, i threw marty jannety through the window, i shot JR ewing and jimmy hoffa is burried in my backyard.

If the Red Sox beat the Yanks and lose the WS, the "curse" is not "reversed." It would however, be quite satisfying for the RS to be the team that sends the Yankees into the history books as the team with the worst collapse in the playoffs EVER!

MrBrau1 said:
If the Red Sox beat the Yanks and lose the WS, the "curse" is not "reversed." It would however, be quite satisfying for the RS to be the team that sends the Yankees into the history books as the team with the worst collapse in the playoffs EVER!
That pretty much sums it up for me as well, except that I don't believe in the Curse of the Bambino.

Re: May The Best Team Win

Diane L said:

Oh, Red Sox Nation!

Seriously...I know that as the #1 Yankees fan in Interland, I should be wishing for the total annihilation of the Sox tonight. But any team that can come back from a 3-0 deficit deserves my respect and admiration. Plus...for all of your angst and overwrought emotion all of these years...maybe it's time for the Sox fans to finally taste the champagne.

I am willing to cede the #1 Yankees fan title to Headache at this time. May the best team win.

And I admit this, too...if the Sox pull this off, I hope it is a good sign for another citizen of Massachusetts to also win 13 days from now...

If John Kerry wants to win the election, he should promise to have Matsui deported on Nov. 3rd. That could swing the Sox fan vote.

-- Sports Guy

Headache in a Suitcase said:

don't tempt the babe...
"Wake up the damn bambino...maybe I'll drill him in the ass"
One of Pedro's finest quotes, no matter which way you interpret "drill him in the ass" (we know how Jeter interpreted it)

Hewson said:
"Wake up the damn bambino...maybe I'll drill him in the ass"
One of Pedro's finest quotes, no matter which way you interpret "drill him in the ass" (we know how Jeter interpreted it)

and i do believe pedro got hurt shortly after making that statement :wink:

don't tempt the babe...
the sultan of swat...
the king of crash...
the colossus of clout...
the colossus of clout...
the GREAT BAMBIIIIIIIINOOOO

sandlot0111.jpg

DaveC said:
Jesus...3 hours and 35 minutes before game time and I'm already getting nervous.

Any word on those tickets, Headache?

no chance... no one's giving these things up, i'm not in the financial position to drop 500 bucks on one upper deck ticket, and attempting to call into a station that has over a million listeners to try and win the tickets is a practice in futility :shrug: it's back to d.s. shanahan's for me tonight. :shrug: it is wing night... 17 bucks all ya can drink bud/bud lights, all you can eat wings from 8 to 10... :up:

well i have a pre-season workout for the basketball team that i coach this evening which I have to go get ready for, and I'll be leaving straight from the high school to the bar for the game, so this will be the last missive from captain red sox hater until the game is in the books...

no one has ever come back from down 3-0 to win a series in baseball... 86 years of futility... the odds say that all this has to end eventually...

... but not tonight... not on mickey mantle's birthday. the ghosts will be alive tonight... let's get it on.

Re: Re: May The Best Team Win

speedracer said:

If John Kerry wants to win the election, he should promise to have Matsui deported on Nov. 3rd. That could swing the Sox fan vote.

-- Sports Guy

:lol:

StlElevation said:
if i hear somebody else mention mickey mantles birthday....then...

Micky Mantle's BDay? What's up w/ Yanks fans? The teams wins so much, but they really need to believe in "higher powers" swooping in to help them out. Doesn't it degrade the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom