Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mrs diamond was very happy with last night's outcome.:up:

bless her heart.:)

db9

Last edited:
Hewson said:
No you don't walk him with runners on 1st and 2nd...you already have a force at any base, all you do is create the possibility of walking or wild pitching in the winning run. Sure Ortiz is a bigger threat than Mientkewicz, but you only walk him if first base is open.

should've kept pounding him low and away... i know the problem with that is if you hang one he hits it out, and his one "weekness" has tended to be up and in, so he can't get his arms extended... but they went up and in, but it wasn't quite up enough and he managed to flare it into centerfield (very much like the luis gonzalez hit off of mariano in game 6 of the '01 series) and thus went the ball game.

as for schilling and the pitching situation... francona just said in his press conference that game 7 would likely be bob wakefield's game, with brandon arroyo backing him up. tom mccarver loves that move. but if they're trying to save those guys for game 7, who do you bring in if schill can't go or gets shelled? the fact that they're behind is what hurts them the most. if lieber goes out there and gets shelled, the yanks can throw loaiza out again, pitch heredia, quantril, etc., try and come back but not at the expense of tommorow's starters because they still have the lead. the red sox need to win this game so it's all hands on deck again, and if shill gets hit hard early and he has to come out, it's just gonna stretch out an already stretched bullpen even more.

to the yankees... just one thing. if a slow runner gets on base in the 8th inning with no outs... please... PLEASE put kenny lofton out there to pinch run.

weather here in new york is damp & cold... which can't help schilling's ankle. looks like the rain will hold up, with light drizzle throughout, very similar to game 2 of the NLCS. and bucky f'ing dent is on WFAN with mike and the mad dog, i'm off to listen :wink:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, just so it's clear: Pedro Martinez has officially gone GP on us.

i tend to be a superstitious person when it comes to sports... was when i played, am now when i coach, and am when i watch games

thus... when i went out to one of the many local establishments for some fine ice cold beverages for the first three games, the yanks won all three. i've been sick the past few days so i didn't go out for the last two, so tonight... jacked up on advil cold and sinus... i will be headed back out to the bar, "pedro molests midgets" t-shirt and all. in fact, i believe i'll go sit over where i sat last year when boone hit the homer :wink:

dont even talk to me about superstitions

i haven't been more full of them this year... watching or playing or anything....ive become mister superstition :|

Except for that first base ump on the A-Rod debacle.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say his emotions got to him.

DaveC said:
Except for that first base ump on the A-Rod debacle.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say his emotions got to him.

Maybe but the guy still tried to cheat especially going over to the ump and trying to convince him that he hit the guy in the normal running motion. When it is plain that he purposely hit the ball out of his hand. I have lost alot of respect for A-Rod.

jesseu2 said:
i'm at school watching the mlb.com gamecast. yea wuts goin on? fill me in!

go sox!

A-Rod tried to knock the ball out of the pitchers hand as he went by on the way to first. The ump at first called him safe and then out after an ump conference. Francona pulled his players off the field partially--because the fans in NY were throwing things on the field. After the inning was over--security brought in riot police and they are now positioned on the field down the lines by the tarp while the game is being played. Very odd and embarrassing I think that they would be forced to do that.

drivemytrabant said:

Maybe but the guy still tried to cheat especially going over to the ump and trying to convince him that he hit the guy in the normal running motion. When it is plain that he purposely hit the ball out of his hand. I have lost alot of respect for A-Rod.

No no I didn't mean A-Rod's emotions got the best of him, I meant the ump. I'm a hockey referee, when there's a lot going on there's more of a tendency to fuck up the call, which is what that ump did.

I have a lot of sympathy for sports officials, as I'm sure you can tell.

Anyways, a lead-off walk for New York, bottom of the 9th, no outs.

Come on Sox...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom