Red Sox Prayer......And joke - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:46 PM
Red Sox Prayer......And joke

Our Father. who art at Fenway, baseball be thy game. Thy kingdom come,

World Series won, on earth as it is in the Cask n' Flagon. Give us this

day, oh Pedro Martinez, and forgive us our losses, as we forgive those,

like young Billy Buckner. And lead us not into depression. but deliver us

from the curse.

Amen

Old 10-08-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Yankees fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Yankees fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Yankees fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Yankees fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Red Sox fan, and proud of it," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why pray tell are you a Red Sox fan?"

"Because my Mom is a Red Sox fan, and my dad is Red Sox fan, so I'm a Red Sox fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Red Sox fan. You d! on't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom were a moron and your dad were a moron,
what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Yankees fan."

Old 10-08-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
What if your Mom were a moron and your dad were a moron,
what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Yankees fan."
yes. yeesssssssss. hahaha.

my roommate has a bet with someone down the hall on the number of hospitalized yankees fans at the university after tonight. i wonder what work will be like tonight....
Old 10-09-2003, 02:08 AM   #4
Refugee

I love that joke
Old 10-09-2003, 02:18 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:46 AM
I suppose I'm nominally like the Yankees because of Matsui

not that I care

considering I don't know how to play baseball

so have fun
Old 10-09-2003, 08:24 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:46 PM
I sent that same joke to a few Chicago interferencers earlier this year.....although it was a bit dirtier, and included the Cubs and White Sox.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:06 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

when i went away to college in new hampshire for the first time, i thought to myself "hey self... you're a met fan. met fans by nature despise the yankees and their fans. red sox fans also hate the yankees. we should get along just splendedly."

within a week i had a picture of bill buckner hanging from my dorm room window.

i had people talk shit to me after the yankees lost game 7 of the 2001 series... i looked at them, wearing my mets hat, with the most puzzled look on my face. don't you realize that met fans hate the yankees and that i was rooting for the diamondbacks? "uhhh yeah so what... you're from new york" was their response. the patriots win the super bowl, and at the celebration party in boston, a huge yankees suck chant breaks out. what in the hell do the yankees have to do with football? there is a serious issue of little brother syndrom that you red sox fans have
Old 10-09-2003, 11:15 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm gonna post these on my blog
Old 10-09-2003, 11:26 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Re: Red Sox Prayer......And joke

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Our Father. who art at Fenway, baseball be thy game. Thy kingdom come,

World Series won, on earth as it is in the Cask n' Flagon. Give us this

day, oh Pedro Martinez, and forgive us our losses, as we forgive those,

like young Billy Buckner. And lead us not into depression. but deliver us

from the curse.

Amen

Now give us 10 Hail Mary's on the way out!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

I loved Fox's coverage of the "Objective" Yankee Fan last nite. The ball was so clearly fair, but this hump says it would have been foul, I swear! Then they show the Red Sox cap in the screen, probably pulled off some kids head by a huge drunk Yankee fan, and thrown down. Class.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
when i went away to college in new hampshire for the first time, i thought to myself "hey self... you're a met fan. met fans by nature despise the yankees and their fans. red sox fans also hate the yankees. we should get along just splendedly."

within a week i had a picture of bill buckner hanging from my dorm room window.

i had people talk shit to me after the yankees lost game 7 of the 2001 series... i looked at them, wearing my mets hat, with the most puzzled look on my face. don't you realize that met fans hate the yankees and that i was rooting for the diamondbacks? "uhhh yeah so what... you're from new york" was their response. the patriots win the super bowl, and at the celebration party in boston, a huge yankees suck chant breaks out. what in the hell do the yankees have to do with football? there is a serious issue of little brother syndrom that you red sox fans have

they chant yankees suck no matter what. uiniversity hockey games, NFL, etc. i think if some small town in the middle of massachusetts had an ameatur curling team and the won, fans (ok, i know that it's a stretch asuming that they'd have fans...) would chant 'yankees suck'.

maybe cos i'm not originally from new england i don't get it either?
Old 10-09-2003, 11:46 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
I loved Fox's coverage of the "Objective" Yankee Fan last nite. The ball was so clearly fair, but this hump says it would have been foul, I swear! Then they show the Red Sox cap in the screen, probably pulled off some kids head by a huge drunk Yankee fan, and thrown down. Class.
let's not assume it was pulled off "some kid." yankee fans aren't exactly my favorite when it comes to class... my high school marching band played the national anthem for a yankee playoff game one time, and somebody had the brilliant idea of lining them up along the warning track... and this was when alcohol sales were still allowed in the bleachers. needless to say, the bleacher creatures done dumped all sorts of beer, soda, water on the heads of the people... yelled really harsh shit towards some the girls... etc. etc. i wasn't there, i had graduated the year earlier (of course all the good stuff happens after i graduate) but i still did know quite a few people who were there, and who got harrassed and what have you. so i know all about yankee fans having no class at times...

...but before one casts a stone, let us remind you of the over-turned cars, broken windows, and various other acts of vandalism that occured monday night after the red sox completed their comeback over the a's. i'm not gonna defend the acts of yankee fans in the stadium, but at least when new york teams win, we don't go out and trash our own friggin city. never did make sense to me... "yay we won! let's go break shit! hooray!" god forbid if the red sox ever win the world series... the entire region may burn to the ground
Old 10-09-2003, 11:51 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

and may i remind boston fans of the ever classy chants of wife beater at celtic-net games... or the ever classy quotes by bob ryan himself, saying how he'd like to smack jason kidd's wife.

classless bufoons live in every city... let's not take shots at one when there's plenty living in your own
Old 10-09-2003, 12:07 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

As a Yankees fan, I find that Red Sox prayer to be extremely, totally BLASPHEMOUS!!!!

Just kidding!

Let's put it this way...if MY Yankees have to lose, I hope the Cubs win to set up a Sawx/Cubbies World Series.

And I don't hate the Red Sox. Fenway Park is a wonderful place to be, except for their overly narrow seats with the metal armrests (ouch!) I just find the angst of the Fans up in New England very amusing. You all carry on so, it's almost like you make your own bad luck.

May the best team win.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:09 PM   #15
Refugee

Can I just say something that I think we all know, but I just wanna say it anyway...?

Those riotous Sox fans did go a little crazy, but not all Sox fans are like that. Not all Yankees fans are evil (though, in my experience, most are ) my best friend is a die hard NYY fan. Most Red Sox fans have class, it's just the drunk and/or loud-mouthed ones who everyone sees and hears.

(Granted, I've already promised to jump on the roof of my dorm and cause a commotion if the Sox win the ALCS... but I won't be destroying anything )

Most of the times Sox fans start up the Yankees Suck chant (again, at least in my experience) it's when Yankees scores are posted on a screen somewhere. I was at a Sox/Tampa Bay game once, and the chant started up when the big screen was showing all the scores from around the league. So it's not always random.

[/ramble]