Red Sox Prayer......And joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Our Father. who art at Fenway, baseball be thy game. Thy kingdom come,

World Series won, on earth as it is in the Cask n' Flagon. Give us this

day, oh Pedro Martinez, and forgive us our losses, as we forgive those,

like young Billy Buckner. And lead us not into depression. but deliver us

from the curse.

Amen

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Yankees fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Yankees fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Yankees fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Yankees fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Red Sox fan, and proud of it," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why pray tell are you a Red Sox fan?"

"Because my Mom is a Red Sox fan, and my dad is Red Sox fan, so I'm a Red Sox fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Red Sox fan. You d! on't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom were a moron and your dad were a moron,
what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Yankees fan."

What if your Mom were a moron and your dad were a moron,
what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Yankees fan."

yes. yeesssssssss. hahaha.

my roommate has a bet with someone down the hall on the number of hospitalized yankees fans at the university after tonight. i wonder what work will be like tonight....:yikes:

I sent that same joke to a few Chicago interferencers earlier this year.....although it was a bit dirtier, and included the Cubs and White Sox.

when i went away to college in new hampshire for the first time, i thought to myself "hey self... you're a met fan. met fans by nature despise the yankees and their fans. red sox fans also hate the yankees. we should get along just splendedly."

within a week i had a picture of bill buckner hanging from my dorm room window.

i had people talk shit to me after the yankees lost game 7 of the 2001 series... i looked at them, wearing my mets hat, with the most puzzled look on my face. don't you realize that met fans hate the yankees and that i was rooting for the diamondbacks? "uhhh yeah so what... you're from new york" was their response. the patriots win the super bowl, and at the celebration party in boston, a huge yankees suck chant breaks out. what in the hell do the yankees have to do with football? there is a serious issue of little brother syndrom that you red sox fans have

Dreadsox said:
Our Father. who art at Fenway, baseball be thy game. Thy kingdom come,

World Series won, on earth as it is in the Cask n' Flagon. Give us this

day, oh Pedro Martinez, and forgive us our losses, as we forgive those,

like young Billy Buckner. And lead us not into depression. but deliver us

from the curse.

Amen
:lmao:

Now give us 10 Hail Mary's on the way out!!!

I loved Fox's coverage of the "Objective" Yankee Fan last nite. The ball was so clearly fair, but this hump says it would have been foul, I swear! Then they show the Red Sox cap in the screen, probably pulled off some kids head by a huge drunk Yankee fan, and thrown down. Class.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
when i went away to college in new hampshire for the first time, i thought to myself "hey self... you're a met fan. met fans by nature despise the yankees and their fans. red sox fans also hate the yankees. we should get along just splendedly."

within a week i had a picture of bill buckner hanging from my dorm room window.

i had people talk shit to me after the yankees lost game 7 of the 2001 series... i looked at them, wearing my mets hat, with the most puzzled look on my face. don't you realize that met fans hate the yankees and that i was rooting for the diamondbacks? "uhhh yeah so what... you're from new york" was their response. the patriots win the super bowl, and at the celebration party in boston, a huge yankees suck chant breaks out. what in the hell do the yankees have to do with football? there is a serious issue of little brother syndrom that you red sox fans have

they chant yankees suck no matter what. uiniversity hockey games, NFL, etc. i think if some small town in the middle of massachusetts had an ameatur curling team and the won, fans (ok, i know that it's a stretch asuming that they'd have fans...) would chant 'yankees suck'.

maybe cos i'm not originally from new england i don't get it either?

MrBrau1 said:
I loved Fox's coverage of the "Objective" Yankee Fan last nite. The ball was so clearly fair, but this hump says it would have been foul, I swear! Then they show the Red Sox cap in the screen, probably pulled off some kids head by a huge drunk Yankee fan, and thrown down. Class.

let's not assume it was pulled off "some kid." yankee fans aren't exactly my favorite when it comes to class... my high school marching band played the national anthem for a yankee playoff game one time, and somebody had the brilliant idea of lining them up along the warning track... and this was when alcohol sales were still allowed in the bleachers. needless to say, the bleacher creatures done dumped all sorts of beer, soda, water on the heads of the people... yelled really harsh shit towards some the girls... etc. etc. i wasn't there, i had graduated the year earlier (of course all the good stuff happens after i graduate) but i still did know quite a few people who were there, and who got harrassed and what have you. so i know all about yankee fans having no class at times...

...but before one casts a stone, let us remind you of the over-turned cars, broken windows, and various other acts of vandalism that occured monday night after the red sox completed their comeback over the a's. i'm not gonna defend the acts of yankee fans in the stadium, but at least when new york teams win, we don't go out and trash our own friggin city. never did make sense to me... "yay we won! let's go break shit! hooray!" god forbid if the red sox ever win the world series... the entire region may burn to the ground

Last edited:
and may i remind boston fans of the ever classy chants of wife beater at celtic-net games... or the ever classy quotes by bob ryan himself, saying how he'd like to smack jason kidd's wife.

classless bufoons live in every city... let's not take shots at one when there's plenty living in your own

Last edited:
As a Yankees fan, I find that Red Sox prayer to be extremely, totally BLASPHEMOUS!!!!

Just kidding!

Let's put it this way...if MY Yankees have to lose, I hope the Cubs win to set up a Sawx/Cubbies World Series.

And I don't hate the Red Sox. Fenway Park is a wonderful place to be, except for their overly narrow seats with the metal armrests (ouch!) I just find the angst of the Fans up in New England very amusing. You all carry on so, it's almost like you make your own bad luck.

May the best team win.

Can I just say something that I think we all know, but I just wanna say it anyway...?

Those riotous Sox fans did go a little crazy, but not all Sox fans are like that. Not all Yankees fans are evil (though, in my experience, most are ;) ) my best friend is a die hard NYY fan. Most Red Sox fans have class, it's just the drunk and/or loud-mouthed ones who everyone sees and hears.

(Granted, I've already promised to jump on the roof of my dorm and cause a commotion if the Sox win the ALCS... but I won't be destroying anything :angel: )

Most of the times Sox fans start up the Yankees Suck chant (again, at least in my experience) it's when Yankees scores are posted on a screen somewhere. I was at a Sox/Tampa Bay game once, and the chant started up when the big screen was showing all the scores from around the league. So it's not always random.

[/ramble]

...but before one casts a stone, let us remind you of the over-turned cars, broken windows, and various other acts of vandalism that occured monday night after the red sox completed their comeback over the a's. i'm not gonna defend the acts of yankee fans in the stadium, but at least when new york teams win, we don't go out and trash our own friggin city. never did make sense to me... "yay we won! let's go break shit! hooray!" god forbid if the red sox ever win the world series... the entire region may burn to the ground

The real silly part is all of these acts of vandalism and most of the arrests were college women who were flashing their breasts.:ohmy:

I love seeing Mets fans talking about the "classless" Yankee fans.

Boil it all down....it's the same thing.

I do have to say, I never saw a woman clipping her boyfriend's TOENAILS at Yankee Stadium (as I did see at Shea). Clipping your boyfriends toenails is not a classy act. ANYWHERE.

Mind you, I am not defending the Yankee fans...just showing that they are no better than Mets fans.

As for Boston people celebrating by riot....they are just doing what EVERY OTHER city does when they win. Shit, there was a similar riot in mankato, Minnesota last weekend (anyone ever here of the city). The Division II football team won their homecoming game. Woo hoo. Burn stuff.

IWasBored said:

they chant yankees suck no matter what. uiniversity hockey games, NFL, etc.

U2 concerts, too.

When U2 were in town on the Elevation tour (at least for the show I saw), the entire crowd started the "YANKEES SUCK!" cheer as soon as the synthesizer intro to "New York" started.

speedracer said:

U2 concerts, too.

When U2 were in town on the Elevation tour (at least for the show I saw), the entire crowd started the "YANKEES SUCK!" cheer as soon as the synthesizer intro to "New York" started.

:ohmy:

zoney! said:
I love seeing Mets fans talking about the "classless" Yankee fans.

Boil it all down....it's the same thing.

I do have to say, I never saw a woman clipping her boyfriend's TOENAILS at Yankee Stadium (as I did see at Shea). Clipping your boyfriends toenails is not a classy act. ANYWHERE.

Mind you, I am not defending the Yankee fans...just showing that they are no better than Mets fans.

ok let me repeat the 2nd part of my post, just for those who may have missed it... and i appologize if adding the second half of the post in a seperate post confused some of us out there

classless bufoons live in every city... let's not take shots at one when there's plenty living in your own

i wasn't taking a shot at yankee fans, i wasn't taking a shot at red sox fans. what i was saying, for those of us not able to understand, was that there are classless assholes in every CITY... city would of course be including any and all teams/colleges whatever that play in said city. i wasn't taking a shot at fans of any particular team in general. if those of us who were confused in this go back and read what i wrote again, maybe a little more slowly this time, i'm sure you can decipher that on your own. thank you.

as someone who supports equal time, i present a joke about the red sox...

Three fans are walking to Fenway Park for the Red Sox-Yankees playoff series, when they see a foot sticking out of some bushes. An inspection revealed a dead-drunk naked woman. One man placed his Metss baseball cap on her right breast. The Yankees fan placed his cap on her left breast, and the Red Sox fan put his over her crotch. They then called the police. The cop lifted up the Mets cap, and made a few notes. He then lifted the Yankees cap and made more notes. Then he lifted the Red Sox cap, put it down, lifted it again and put it down. When he lifted it the third time the Red Sox fan said, ''What ahh you doing? Are you wicked pevertaad or what?'' To which the cop replied, "I was just confused, usually when I see a Red Sox cap, there's an asshole under it.'

Could someone please explain the 'curse of the Bambino'? Something about Babe Ruth and a piano in the river? Also isn't there one on the Cubs too that has to do with a billygoat? Who knows these stories?

Harry Frazie owner of the Red Sox wa in financial trouble. He was trying to produce a play on Broadway called No No Nanette. So to get the money to produce the play he sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees after the 1918 World Series. This was the last time the Red Sox won the world series. They have come close, but it seems that something always goes wrong with the team for example 1986 one out away from winning it all the ball goes between Buckner's legs. There are other examples of freaky things happening as well. 1978 they had a commmanding lead to go to the divisional playoffs, yet all of a sudden they went on am incredible losing streak and found themselves tied with the Yankees. They had a one game payoff with the Yankees to determine who was the division champion. Bucky Dent, a Yankee, hit a pop fly that never came down it just drifted and drifted and went out of the park. This is a man who maybe had a dozen home runs in his career. To knock the Sox out of it. The theory is that the Babe put a curse on the Sox because they sold him for money. The piano thing had something to do with him throwing it in the water. Someone thought that they could bring it to Fenway and the curse would be broken.

could someone tell me why it's important to know that jlo and ben affleck are at the game?

i never thought i'd actually root for the yankees being a mets fan and all... but after watching pedro martinez's display right there... LET'S GO FUCKING YANKEES. fuck a cubs red sox series. someone as classless as pedro martinez has no right being in a world series. slamming a 70 year old man to the ground 20 minutes after you told someone you'd hit them in the head? he shouldn't be suspended, he should be arrested.

i missed what happened. i picked the wrong time to go get food.

i never thought i'd actually root for the yankees being a mets fan and all... but after watching pedro martinez's display right there... LET'S GO FUCKING YANKEES. fuck a cubs red sox series. someone as classless as pedro martinez has no right being in a world series. slamming a 70 year old man to the ground 20 minutes after you told someone you'd hit them in the head? he shouldn't be suspended, he should be arrested.

The 70 year old man had NO BUSINESS running accross the field almost to the other dugout to throw a left hand at Pedro. he deserved it.

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!

Back
Top Bottom