Red Sox Prayer......And joke - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

...but before one casts a stone, let us remind you of the over-turned cars, broken windows, and various other acts of vandalism that occured monday night after the red sox completed their comeback over the a's. i'm not gonna defend the acts of yankee fans in the stadium, but at least when new york teams win, we don't go out and trash our own friggin city. never did make sense to me... "yay we won! let's go break shit! hooray!" god forbid if the red sox ever win the world series... the entire region may burn to the ground
The real silly part is all of these acts of vandalism and most of the arrests were college women who were flashing their breasts.

Old 10-09-2003, 05:27 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:00 PM
I love seeing Mets fans talking about the "classless" Yankee fans.

Boil it all down....it's the same thing.

I do have to say, I never saw a woman clipping her boyfriend's TOENAILS at Yankee Stadium (as I did see at Shea). Clipping your boyfriends toenails is not a classy act. ANYWHERE.

Mind you, I am not defending the Yankee fans...just showing that they are no better than Mets fans.

As for Boston people celebrating by riot....they are just doing what EVERY OTHER city does when they win. Shit, there was a similar riot in mankato, Minnesota last weekend (anyone ever here of the city). The Division II football team won their homecoming game. Woo hoo. Burn stuff.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

they chant yankees suck no matter what. uiniversity hockey games, NFL, etc.
U2 concerts, too.

When U2 were in town on the Elevation tour (at least for the show I saw), the entire crowd started the "YANKEES SUCK!" cheer as soon as the synthesizer intro to "New York" started.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:07 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

U2 concerts, too.

When U2 were in town on the Elevation tour (at least for the show I saw), the entire crowd started the "YANKEES SUCK!" cheer as soon as the synthesizer intro to "New York" started.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:03 AM   #20
Refugee

Old 10-10-2003, 11:14 AM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
I love seeing Mets fans talking about the "classless" Yankee fans.

Boil it all down....it's the same thing.

I do have to say, I never saw a woman clipping her boyfriend's TOENAILS at Yankee Stadium (as I did see at Shea). Clipping your boyfriends toenails is not a classy act. ANYWHERE.

Mind you, I am not defending the Yankee fans...just showing that they are no better than Mets fans.
ok let me repeat the 2nd part of my post, just for those who may have missed it... and i appologize if adding the second half of the post in a seperate post confused some of us out there

Quote:
classless bufoons live in every city... let's not take shots at one when there's plenty living in your own
i wasn't taking a shot at yankee fans, i wasn't taking a shot at red sox fans. what i was saying, for those of us not able to understand, was that there are classless assholes in every CITY... city would of course be including any and all teams/colleges whatever that play in said city. i wasn't taking a shot at fans of any particular team in general. if those of us who were confused in this go back and read what i wrote again, maybe a little more slowly this time, i'm sure you can decipher that on your own. thank you.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

as someone who supports equal time, i present a joke about the red sox...

Three fans are walking to Fenway Park for the Red Sox-Yankees playoff series, when they see a foot sticking out of some bushes. An inspection revealed a dead-drunk naked woman. One man placed his Metss baseball cap on her right breast. The Yankees fan placed his cap on her left breast, and the Red Sox fan put his over her crotch. They then called the police. The cop lifted up the Mets cap, and made a few notes. He then lifted the Yankees cap and made more notes. Then he lifted the Red Sox cap, put it down, lifted it again and put it down. When he lifted it the third time the Red Sox fan said, ''What ahh you doing? Are you wicked pevertaad or what?'' To which the cop replied, "I was just confused, usually when I see a Red Sox cap, there's an asshole under it.'
Old 10-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:00 PM
Old 10-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 12:00 AM

Could someone please explain the 'curse of the Bambino'? Something about Babe Ruth and a piano in the river? Also isn't there one on the Cubs too that has to do with a billygoat? Who knows these stories?
Old 10-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Harry Frazie owner of the Red Sox wa in financial trouble. He was trying to produce a play on Broadway called No No Nanette. So to get the money to produce the play he sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees after the 1918 World Series. This was the last time the Red Sox won the world series. They have come close, but it seems that something always goes wrong with the team for example 1986 one out away from winning it all the ball goes between Buckner's legs. There are other examples of freaky things happening as well. 1978 they had a commmanding lead to go to the divisional playoffs, yet all of a sudden they went on am incredible losing streak and found themselves tied with the Yankees. They had a one game payoff with the Yankees to determine who was the division champion. Bucky Dent, a Yankee, hit a pop fly that never came down it just drifted and drifted and went out of the park. This is a man who maybe had a dozen home runs in his career. To knock the Sox out of it. The theory is that the Babe put a curse on the Sox because they sold him for money. The piano thing had something to do with him throwing it in the water. Someone thought that they could bring it to Fenway and the curse would be broken.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:05 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

could someone tell me why it's important to know that jlo and ben affleck are at the game?
Old 10-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Ben is from boston.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:53 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

i never thought i'd actually root for the yankees being a mets fan and all... but after watching pedro martinez's display right there... LET'S GO FUCKING YANKEES. fuck a cubs red sox series. someone as classless as pedro martinez has no right being in a world series. slamming a 70 year old man to the ground 20 minutes after you told someone you'd hit them in the head? he shouldn't be suspended, he should be arrested.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:01 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

i missed what happened. i picked the wrong time to go get food.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:07 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i never thought i'd actually root for the yankees being a mets fan and all... but after watching pedro martinez's display right there... LET'S GO FUCKING YANKEES. fuck a cubs red sox series. someone as classless as pedro martinez has no right being in a world series. slamming a 70 year old man to the ground 20 minutes after you told someone you'd hit them in the head? he shouldn't be suspended, he should be arrested.
The 70 year old man had NO BUSINESS running accross the field almost to the other dugout to throw a left hand at Pedro. he deserved it.

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!