Red Hot Chilli Peppers Live at Slane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
If your an AOL member with a broadband connection, go to AOL Keyword: Broadband Rocks....AOL is streaming the show from Slane this past summer*

Bringing back fond memories of that awesome day.

*edit - not the 01 opening for U2

Last edited:
Damn, I missed it. But I was planning to buy it anyway. Worth it?

i might get it, but ive heard that they suck live. me and some other peoples tryed to get some ticket to go see them live at manchester...but goddamit! they were sold out!

ice said:
i might get it, but ive heard that they suck live. me and some other peoples tryed to get some ticket to go see them live at manchester...but goddamit! they were sold out!

RHCP suck live?! Not a chance. Live is what they're all about. You do hear the limitations of Anthony's vocals live, but the energy and unbelievable tightness of the band more than make up for it. You really don't know what a genius John Frusciante is until you see him live. To me, John is the star of every RHCP show.

shaun vox said:
can some one put some pics from that gig.

With pleasure.

SC1.jpg

SC6.jpg

SC5.jpg

SC12.jpg

SC9.jpg

ice said:
me and some other peoples tryed to get some ticket to go see them live at manchester...but goddamit! they were sold out!

Oh, and I'm sorry you didn't get tickets. :sad: I would've liked to have gotten tickets to that show, too, since I'll be in the neighborhood around that time and have been looking for some good shows to help me plan my trip.

i was going to say...i've heard really good things about the chili peppers live...naturally i had to work/couldn't afford tickets the night they played here (41 bucks, and i didn't want to have to sit through queens of the stone age)...losing train of thought...

dvd :hmm:

I too had to work the night RHCP were in town and I haven't got the DVD yet either. But, I did get their greatest hits cd/dvd. I didn't even realize that the greatest hits release was issued as both a cd and a cd/dvd combo. The dvd has the videos of the greatest hits...it's great, worth the extra money.

i seen the red hot chilli peppers open for u2 in 2001, headline in 2003 and have tickets to see them in phoenix park in june.

the slane dvd is WELL worth getting! their every bit as good as u2 are live.

gav6519 said:
i seen the red hot chilli peppers open for u2 in 2001, headline in 2003 and have tickets to see them in phoenix park in june.

the slane dvd is WELL worth getting! their every bit as good as u2 are live.

I am going to Phoenix Park in June too!!! im still waiting on my tickets they will be posted out in Feb cause we got them online from Ticketmaster in Dec.

I'm glad I am hearing good things about them live now!! :yes:

rhcp actually doesn't suck live, but there's a big difference between the components, kiedis is not everytime good, sometimes he's very out of tune, frusciante works, but he's no more fast like the early times, chad smith rocks really, he's a giant and plays everytime better, flea takes the whole group on his shoulders, he's the real leader of the band...actually

One thing I forgot to mention about the dvd that comes with the greatest hits cd is that at the end of the videos there is a video/movie of the band on tour in Japan, New Zealand, Australia and then back in the US. It is mostly interviews and behind the scenes stuff. It is really really great. You see the band backstage, on the street, in their hotel rooms, doing yoga. practical jokes, and some other famous people too. I had no idea it was there and I have to say it was really great.

Back
Top Bottom