Red Hot Chili Peppers on Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilli

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
For anyone who's interested, The Chili Peppers did a gig for Radio 1 on Good Friday and it's being broadcasted at 7pm (British time) today. You can listen via the internet if you have RealPlayer downloaded. There's also a documentary being broadcasted afterwards and i think you can listen to it later, if you miss it. You can find details at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/presents/rhcp/

Last edited:
It is definitely worth checking out - I listened to the documentary and the concert yesterday. The concert is available to listen to until next monday:up:

The documentary is interesting with interviews with their mums:cute: The concert is good also- though I was expecting more stuff from their new album. However, they quite a range of stuff, including older material from Mothers Milk and Uplift Mofo plus some songs I didn't know (I am a bit of a lapsed Chili Peppers fan).

Unfortunately listening to the concert has made me REALLY want to go and see them this summer but I have no cash:sad:

The BBC concert is great :up:

Stupid question # 534262: Is there a way to record, or save, the stream from this site? It would be cool to have, especially since it will be removed on the 24th.

I didn't catch any songs from Mother's Milk. :scratch:

I don't have the setlist in front of me, but I believe it was this, with some minor differences in sequence.

Can't Stop
Scar Tissue
Dani California
For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her (Simon and Garfunkel cover, I believe sung by John)
Don't Forget Me
Me and My Friends
Right on Time
By the Way
Soul to Squeeze
Give it Away

Last edited:
Apparently the full setlist was as follows, with five more new tracks as well as "Throw Away Your Television" and "Other Side"

Can't Stop
Charlie
Scar Tissue
Throw Away Your Television
Dani California
Me And My
Snow
Other Side
21st Century
For Emily Wherever I May Find Her
Don't Forget Me
Tell Me Baby
Right On Time
Hard To Concentrate
By The Way
Soul To Squeeze
Give It Away

UnforgettableLemon said:
I didn't catch any songs from Mother's Milk. :scratch:

:der: Oops - I was convinced Soul to Squeeze is from Mothers Milk, but it turns out I am wrong. I really should get me another copy of that album. I am truly a lapsed fan:sad:

I am not sure if there is a way of copying the concert from the website - I shall have a look around the site. I suspect there will be copies somewhere - some bright spark may have even thought of copying it directly from the radio, which is possibly what I should have done at the time.

Zoots - I am tempted to go into debt in order to see them now - last time was nearly 12 years ago and not as the present line up. My birthday's in July - it would be like a present to myself, wouldn't it? :hmm:

I have a copy of the concert recorded from the radio and pretty good quality too :drool:

Its about 60mb but I am happy to ysi it to anyone who wants it. Just PM me or leave your email address here.

Tills - go ahead a give yourself an early Birthday Present:hyper: you deserve it!!!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom