Red Hot Chili Pepper's New Album: How Would You Rate It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Would You Rate The Chili Peppers' New Album?

• Classic

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Excellent

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Very Good

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Good

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Fair

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I haven't heard the album yet, but R.S. gave it a great review, saying that 8 of its new tracks could "own" rock radio this year. Is this one of those albums I should just buy without even listening to it? I've never been a really big fan of their music, but from what I've heard this album is more melodic, and has lots of harmonies -- true? Another question: Is this an uplifting album? Is it one of those summertime gems?

Michael Griffiths said:
Is this one of those albums I should just buy without even listening to it? I've never been a really big fan of their music, but from what I've heard this album is more melodic, and has lots of harmonies -- true? Another question: Is this an uplifting album? Is it one of those summertime gems?

YES:heart:

i like it a lot, but i must say i like californication better. just personal preference though, i enjoy funky-flea-jumping-around-the-stage-like-a-lunatic bass. but by the way is better than most of whats been released lately. and it's great as a whole album, beginning to end..californication had more standalone single typeof tracks.

good album
though personally I wouldn't even be able to pick 4 singles of it

but I suck at predicting the charts anyway

(and I also preferred Californication)

I like By the Way just a hair more than Californication.

I voted Excellent.

yes Michael, you will like it.
its safe to say i know your music tastes and i think you would enjoy it. much more melodic than most other chili albums and some great tracks from start to finish.

I'm going to have to say I like this album MUCH more than Californication. This is an excellent album.

Very good= excellent
very melodic, flowing

I have only listened a couple/few times though

zooropamanda said:
yes Michael, you will like it.
its safe to say i know your music tastes and i think you would enjoy it. much more melodic than most other chili albums and some great tracks from start to finish.

What Amanda said. ;)

And you know what? I might go to the first concert in the company of my 14 years-old son...I just knew today that the Chili Pepper are coming to Brazil and there will be a show here in my city, Porto Alegre, next October 14th. Can you believe that? My son and I enjoying some live music together? Really cool...unless he feels ashamed of going to the concert with his old mama, LOL

He?s a huge RHCP fan, he got hooked by Californication but he loves By the Way far more...and I like it a lot as well. My faves are By the Way, Tear, This is the Place, Throw Away your Television, Minor Thing...and Cabron. :D

Michael Griffiths said:
I haven't heard the album yet, but R.S. gave it a great review, saying that 8 of its new tracks could "own" rock radio this year. Is this one of those albums I should just buy without even listening to it? I've never been a really big fan of their music, but from what I've heard this album is more melodic, and has lots of harmonies -- true? Another question: Is this an uplifting album? Is it one of those summertime gems?

I voted excellent. It's everything you asked it was.

zooropamanda said:
hey follower
im going to see them in november and can't wait!

That?s really great Amanda...it?s indeed a world tour, you can check the dates at their oficcial website.

You know, knowing that the Chili Peppers are coming to these parts...southern hemisphere...it got me thinking...they are neither a small and unimportant band nor a band with a declining career, trying to get some cash on good old south americans...much more common, unfortunetaly. So...if they are coming, in the middle of this well-known endless financial/aconomic crisis we have been merged in, why not U2? Why oh why? If I could find a good reason...

I?m sorry, bitter follower strikes again.

Back
Top Bottom