REd Hot Chili Peppers DVD - Off The Map - What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hey all!

Just over 2 weeks ago, I bought the Peppers' DVD titled "Off the Map" and I fell in love with it! :D

I have no CDs to my name for the Peppers' music but jaysus, the DVD was a perfect intro to the band's music imho! Though I have seen Peppers live as support to U2 at Slane last year in which they were simply fantastic that day but I didnt know the words of some songs until I saw the DVD.

The DVD contains concert footage recorded in Boston (I wonder which venue?) which lasted for 70 mins and contains the new and old songs. Special features includes pre-show backstage footage, interview footage, extra footage of 5 live songs.

Anyway, my highlights includes the amazing starter of seeing the Peppers huddling together before they go on stage to the loud cheers of the audience and start with Around The World! Brilliant! Also I love Californication, Scar Tissue, Under the Bridge and the last song, Me and My Friends (I loved the joke during that song! Im not giving anything away but you will have to see it for yourself!). Overall, the concert is pretty amazing to watch! It also became clear on DVD that the guys are truly amazing with their energy on stage with their jumping, bending backwards and dancing like maniacs!

I love the extra live footage especially the huge, epic song "Search and Destroy". I dont think I have heard anything like it. IMO, this is what did for the Peppers as what Bullet the Blue Sky did for U2.

Anyway I would highly recommend you to buy "Off the Map" and be prepared to be blown away!

dougal

:drool:

I have to have this. Immediately.

And why have I never seen them live? Who can I blame for this rock & roll injustice??

Please run out and by "By the Way" if you haven't already.

Great, great band.
Great friends.
Great rock & roll story.

This is probably my favorite concert DVD, of roughly 10 I watch on a regular basis. The energy, as you said, is outstanding. I wish they hadn't relegated those songs to extra tracks, as they were from the show, and their early material was underrepresented on the main show. But it's all good as it is. And hearing Flea sing "Pea" live is worth the price alone.

I finally saw the Peppers last summer and they were awesome

By the Way is great. I have not stopped listening to it since it came out. I guess I will be getting this video tonight when i head to the store.

I finally saw this DVD over the weekend on my friend's brand new 27" flat screen TV with Bose surround sound:drool:

OMG, it's fantastic.

And then we watched the Elevation DVD. I'd already seen the VHS on my crappy TV about 65 times and yet I was still blown away by the DVD on the big screen with this incredible sound system. My friend (who has never seen U2 live) was blown away.

i like it , it's a great dvd , but my two unofficia RHCPl other videos from Germany , Woodstock are much cooler , i'm a fan . :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pinkfloyd said:
i like it , it's a great dvd , but my two unofficia RHCPl other videos from Germany , Woodstock are much cooler , i'm a fan . :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Did you see the VH-1 backyard BBQ with the Peppers yesterday?
Very fun but I demand to see the entire concert!!

It would have been the 100 times better if all of the footage matched the audio. The extra tracks are all live and it makes me mad that they didn't do it the same way for the main show. Makes no sense to me.

I think that band has now officially sold out.

No offense to anyone, I just do not like them anymore...:silent: :silent: :silent:

I still don't quite understand the meaning of 'selling out' in this context. The Chili Peppers are clean and sober and entering their 40's. I think it's a given the music would change as a result, but I don't see that their integrity as artists has been compromised, which to me is what 'selling out' implies.

ouizy, could you clarify what you mean by 'officially sold out'?

Back
Top Bottom