Red Hot Chili Peppers appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You betcha. They have been a strong band for a real long time and are never mentioned in the same conversation with other "quality" bands who have stood the test of time....U2, REM etc

They still make great records. BIG :up:

Flea is one of the great bass players I've ever heard.

Great band, one of my favorites, they have had a few "misses" during their careers which is why they aren't given the total respect (greatest lists), but when John Fruciante is around, they are always on their game.

RHCP is one band who I like for the amazing bass lines and Kiedis's vocals. But their lyrics are so bad. Of course there's exceptions like Under The Bridge, Californication or Otherside. But Suck My Kiss??? :eyebrow:

Frusciante is ludicrously good. Better than just about any other mainstream rock guitar player.

And Flea, well it goes without saying, unreal.

Chad Smith, average, Anthony Keidis, average voice, odd lyrics.

By The Way is one of the best pure rock records I've heard in many years.

I even thought One Hot Minute was a good record, as I think Dave Navarro is excellent too, maybe a notch below Frusciante.

i'm not a huge fan of their early stuff, but bloodsugarsexmagik, californication, and by the way are excellent.

navarro and frusciante are completely different players, equally talented.

frusciante kicks ass. flea's cool.

'by the way' is a great album.

"easily" still wins out as my favorite chili peppers song, though. overall i really couldn't care less about californication as an album.

i haven't listened to bloodsugarsexmagik in ages.

and really don't care about the other stuff.

I really like "Californication" and "By the Way". Not too keen on their earlier stuff though; "BloodSugarSexMagic" has some fantastic songs but oh so much filler. They're a lot of fun live, too, although Anthony Kiedis' vocals are soooo flat in concert he just only makes up for it with energy and charisma.

John Frusciante was one of the guitarist who inspired me to pick up the guitar so, I kind of have a connection with them.

I also saw them live, it was one of the best concert I have been to. I know they have make some mistakes in concert (as does U2) but, I still love them and consider them one of my favorite bands (after U2, of course
:wink: )

Back
Top Bottom