red hot chili peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
thier one of my fav bands. right up thier with u2 and others.

i realy like the evoultion they've gone through. from the first album to by the way. every album has been different. i couldnlt find a chili peppers thread on here. when u2 and chilli peppers released thier slane dvd's on the same day, i realy went through the wall. if i ever saw this line up in real life, together, i would transcend human form.

callifornication is a brillaint song along with many others, so many classics, but that is the oen that stands out to me both lyrically & musically... they are also a fun band, much enjoy their funky breaks and their blood sugar sex magik cd :up:

I'm not a huge fan, but I like their famous songs.

Incidentally my username comes from their version of the Dr. Seuss classic. I used to think RHCP did that as an original.

One of my all-time favorite bands. I think By the Way was their best album, basically they just get better with age. They've said the next album will be a harder rocking album, but I don' t think it will be in the vein of BloodSugarSexMagik, Mother's Milk, Freaky Styley or any of that, but I see them integrating the superior melodies they've been working on for the last 4 years into the funkier sounds of old. Anyone who's heard the songs "Leverage of Space" and "Rolling Sly Stone" from the non-US live album "Live in Hyde Park" could see where I'm coming from. "Fortune Faded" is also a great song, and I kind of see that as the blueprint of the new album.

actually i liked red hot chili peppers much before than right today, blood sugar sex magik remains their best album at all, and it will be unbeatable! the last album was quite good, but not very good, compared to californication they did definitely a step behind, but i'm looking forward to their next album, which should come out surely this year, flea is fabolous, as much as chad. john is better in the studio and anthony moves too much during performing and gets out of tune!

To think the same band that recorded " I Want To Party On Your Pussy" is also responsible for everything off "By The Way" is mindblowing. They showed me ALOT with that last record. I'm still waiting for them to put shirts on though, at least the music is growing.

MrBrau1 said:
To think the same band that recorded " I Want To Party On Your Pussy" is also responsible for everything off "By The Way" is mindblowing. They showed me ALOT with that last record. I'm still waiting for them to put shirts on though, at least the music is growing.

yes, the themes are of course about a mature band and are way better than the past, i would piss myself laughing if they would do another party on someones pussy! but i think musically they were better in the past, especially john was faster, much faster, now he pickes just one string at a time :wink:

RHCP were a very average to an ok band until BSSM. They have been one of the great rock bands still around since then.

Blood Sugar Sex Magic
One Hot Minute
Californication
By The Way

Frusciante is one of the best guitarists in rock, and to me he is the difference between RHCP being good and RHCP not being good.

Best song of RHCP's career: Breaking The Girl, from BSSM.

See, Breaking the Girl has never done it for me. From that album alone, I prefer I Could Have Lied, Power of Equality, Give it Away, Under the Bridge, Suck My Kiss, and Sir Psycho Sexy. :shrug:

One Hot Minute is also in fact a very good album, even though it lacks John. Coffee Shop is vastly underrated.

i wish they would expand thier live set a bit, playing one hot minute, and and some lost 80's tunes. now john says he hates mothers milk. so thier goes that. you thouht u2 was bad by not playing october, rhcp are pretty stingy. i got a hold of live in hyde park, and well while i like the performances, i nicknamed it "rhcp live right here right now", cause it was like the van halen live album back in 93. 2 cd's, 90% hager vh, and hager solo and covers. and like a few david lee roth songs. way to bury the past. lol

John's apparantly never even listened to One Hot Minute, so there goes that. I woouldn't mind hearing Knock Me Down, Behind the Sun, and Fight Like a Brave, though. Only one of those songs is from Mother's Milk, but maybe they've retired the Hilel material as well

typhoon said:
COCK SOCKS.

Who you callin' a sockcooker? :wink:

I really like the Chili Peppers. Blood Sugar Sex Magic is great - really funky - I find it impossible to dislike.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik, musically, is the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Achtung Baby. The lyrics weren't fantastic (it's nice to see that they've matured since then) I don't think they'll ever be able to top it, but I'm eager to see what they have in store next. By the Way was great - I like it about a hundred times more than Californication which is saying something because that album had quite a few good songs. I wish they'd do more in the vein of "Venice Queen". That song is just fantastic.

Oh, and John's work on Throw Away Your Television is perfect. :drool:

I never thought they'd become such a vocal band. Anthony actually became a good singer. And they love to record harmonies, and counter melody vocals.

i feel, a return to funk is what i would like to see. i don;t know how much further they can take the by the way direction. i love by the way, but i just don't want them to make a bad album.

Back
Top Bottom