Red Dwarf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
Are ther any other Red Dwarf fans on the board? I think it is the funniest program ever. The second series has just been released on DVD :) and if its as good as the first series DVD with all the extras it will be well worth getting. (not sure if either is out in the US at the moment though)

My favorite character has to be Holly (the male one) his dry deadpan humour is hilarious.. and of course Ace Rimmer the over the top James Bond type alter ego..

Some classic quotes from series 2:

The Cat's hungry, but Lister informs him that Rimmer's father has died. The Cat considers, "Well I'd prefer chicken."

Under Holly's direction Lister joins two cables and is blown away by an explosion. "Or was it the white cable..." Holly wonders aloud.

Holly emerges from his Queeg disguise to surprised glares: "We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool," he chuckles.

Rimmer explains how an alien communicates by breaking legs and doing jig-saws. "I wouldn't like to be around when one of these suckers is making a speech!" responds the Cat.

Roll on the Red Dwarf Film :)

I love Red Dwarf too, though I can only catch it occasionally on obscure channels. Very original show, and funnny!

Great comedy series..I lost a little interest towards the last series but still regard it as one of the great long-running comedies..brings back so many childhood memories...likewise Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy..but thats another

Rimmer: We can't afford to take any chances. Jump up to red alert.
Kryten: Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb.

Toaster: Howdy doodly do! How's it going? I'm Talkie, Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion. Talkie's the name, toasting's the game. Anyone like any toast?
Dave Lister: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast!
Toaster: How 'bout a muffin?
Dave Lister: Or muffins! Or muffins! We don't like muffins around here! We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no smegging flapjacks!
Toaster: Aah, so you're a waffle man!

Kryten's CPU: Remain calm, Kryten -- this is your CPU speaking. There has been an accident. Both your legs have been crushed beyond repair. Your ambulatory system has been destroyed, and your life expectancy is currently estimated at 67 minutes. If there is any further news we will keep you updated. In the meantime, here is a little music

Cat: What is it?
Rimmer: It's a rent in the space time continuum.
Lister: The stasis room freezes time, you know, makes time stand still. So whenever you have a leak, it must preserve whatever it's leaked into, and it's leaked into this room.
Rimmer: It's a singularity, a point in the universe where the normal laws of space and time don't apply.
Lister: It's a time hole back into the past.
Cat: Oh, a magic door. Well, why didn't you say that in the first place?

Ace Rimmer: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

we'll keep an eye out for Season 2

YAY! Red Dwarf!

The best episode is when they get put in time W.O.O (With Out Oxygen) and Rimmer tells them they've got to go and see the king of the potato people to beg for forgivness......fan-bloody-tastic!

The final few series were not so good. Series 7 and 8 were pretty crap in comparison to the earlier series. My favourite will always be series 2-5. Can't go wrong when Dwayne Dibbley appeared on the scene!

How could I forget Dwayne Dibbly :)

cat5.jpg

My favorite episode is Polymorph - the one where they are chasing the genetic mutent and Rimmer turns into a peace loving hippy whos idea of getting rid of the mutent is to print some T Shirts and a leaflet campaign - classic :)

Back
Top Bottom