recommend me the best "best of"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
okay

i like U2, radiohead, oasis and joydivision and

my absolute fav albums ever are

1) joshua tree
2) the bends
3) UF
4) ok computer
5) morning glory

can someone recommend the best "the best of" of some other artist/band which would fit well within my music preference..
or the artist or album i am most likely to like..

Note: i have atleast 1 album of rem, inxs,coldplay, led zep, floyd, polics, depeche mode, del amitri, winger, ugly kid joe , I l kindof like all of them but I want a different band with tastes as mentioned above...( have i contradicted myself ?) .

Doves -- Lost Souls
Interpol -- Turn on the Bright Lights (Joy Division-ish band from NYC)
Embrace -- The Good Will Out

echoes is prolly my favorite best of

quite amazing how they made that flow so well...perfect

The first Best of Leonard Cohen is another one of my faves. The one with his 60's and 70's stuff on it
it's beautiful

Last edited:
Even though it only compromises the first 10 yrs or so of their career, my favorite 'best of' is The Cure : Staring at the Sea.

This is seriously one of the best overall cds/ best of's that's ever been made in my opinion. What a great cd, by a great band.

Last edited:
Radio K.A.O.S. watever i've done ,

Depeche mode : singles 1986 - 1998 ( i really wish U2 release thier best of , this way ) .
I don't buy best of comp too much , pinkfloyd best of is no need to me , i have all thier albums , ep's , singles , same about Mr Waters compilation , i better buy albums , more real vision of the band ( to all other bands , singers )
buy new cd by Elvis Presley :wave: :macdevil: :macdevil:

You might like Stereophonics' "Performance & Cocktails". It's not a "Best Of" but it's really a cool album.

Then don't forget Bowie. "Earthling" and "Outside" though again not compilations are albums not to miss.

Rolling Stones: Hot Rocks
The Doors: The VERY Best of
Bob Dylan: Greatest Hits
Beatles: Past Masters Vol. 1&2

Grace, Jeff Buckley
The Good Will Out, Embrace
Grace, Jeff Buckley
Parachutes, Coldplay
Best Of, Simon and Garfunkel
Grace, Jeff Buckley
Grace, Jeff Buckley

You could find one of the myriad Smiths compilations on the market. I also highly recommend New Order's Substance double dsic compilation, or something by the Stone Roses.

Nirvana- Unplugged. A sort of Best Of, some really great perfromances.

Personally, I'd rather for a good album by an artist to get into him rather than buy his Best Of.

Back
Top Bottom