Recommend me some space-out tunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Not that space-out'y, really. I mean, I have a playlist of Bowie stuff that is basically:

China Girl
Ashes to Ashes
Kooks
Thursday's Child
Seven
Without You

etc. I want similar-sounding music from other artists. Something with some nice laid back synth and bass beats to have a glass of wine to.

have you tried ulrich schnauss? it's pretty good to chill out to.

try 'far away trains passing by'. :up:

Kindness by Todd Rundgren. It's what you'd get if you combined Within You and Thursday's Child. A great song. :drool:

Change Myself by Todd Rundgren. It's a lot like Thursday's Child and just what you're looking for.

Up In Flames by Julee Cruise. It's in the vein of bass beats, synths and good with a glass of wine.

How about Sigur Ros? You could take pretty much all of the ( ) album and parts of both AB and Takk... Other than that I've always loved 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part One' (or parts 1-7 on Echoes) and 'The Great Gig In The Sky' by Pink Floyd as the kind of songs that are great to chill out to.

Dead Can Dance- In the Kingdom of the Blind, the One Eyed are Kings

hmmm actually that is better for evil wine sipping........sitting behind a large oak desk in an ornately furnished mansion, laughing quietly to one self while plotting doom and destruction for your local superhero.

lmjhitman said:
have you tried ulrich schnauss? it's pretty good to chill out to.

try 'far away trains passing by'. :up:

Good call. I saw him play in the Chi a few years back. 'Twas a good evening, that one.

I made up a CD the other year of tracks that are quite soothing in the way Seven/Thurs Child are in fact Seven was on it, here are some of the others, can't remember them all, & can't find the bloody CD now, either, hope you like,

#9 Dream, Mind Games, & Jealous Guy, - John Lennon

Amlapura - Tin Machine
Lifeline - A-Ha
Something that you said - The Bangles
Long Hot Summer - Style Council
Big Log - Robert Plant
Moving - Kate Bush, but you could use nearly any track from her amazing Kick Inside LP.
Nothing Lasts For Ever, Just A touch Away, Empire State Halo - Echo & The Bunnymen.
Hideaway, Come Up & See Me - Cockney Rebel
Strange Delight, My Only Love - Roxy Music

Others...
Blinfold - Morcheeba
Still - Macy Gray
Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blues - Elton John
Days, Everyone Says Hi - Bowie
Another Day, Song To The Siren - This Mortal Coil
Please,Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
Let Me Kiss You, Now My Heart Is Full - MORRISSEY

the band Explosions in the Sky seems right up your alley.

Instrumental pop rock with minimal synth, any more synth though and it would sound like something from Low or "Heroes"

That and Damon Albarn's new band, The Good, the Bad, & the Queen. They're basically a Danger Mouse-less Gorillaz mixed with some recent Blur, great stuff indeed.

I'll throw one out that's had me in orbit for awhile now. It's more guitar than synth driven but the price is right, the band lets you download as much of their music as you want for free from their website. The spacy stuff has kind of a Spacemen 3 or My Bloody Valentine vibe to it.

http://www.brianjonestownmassacre.com/mp3.html

Back
Top Bottom