Recommend an Album - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:33 AM
The Afghan Whigs —1965. One of the best albums you'll never hear about.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #77
Local Time: 08:33 AM
broken social scene - you forgot it in people
fantastic album from canadien collective - loaded with hooks and noises. it's got a bit of that indie pretensiousness, dosed just right. this is my favorite new band of the past 5 years - their music is adventurous and challenges the listener, but the melodies pull you in. it's dense, perfectly produced. great mix of instrumentals and amazing originals, ranging from dinosaur jr. type guitar songs (cause=time) to head tossing punk anthems (almost crimes) to completely original rock music (kc accidental) to spacy and experimental (anthems for a seventeen year old girl). it has the best bassline to completely and independently hook you into a song in ages (stars and sons). sounds great loud, in the car . . . anywhere. buy this album!

Old 07-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #78
Local Time: 01:33 PM
that "band" includes members of Stars, Metric, Do Make Say Think and other Canadian indie bands. Not the Arcade Fire or anything affiliated with Godspeed You! Black Emperor (I dont think..), but pretty much all the others that have had major hype and success this decade.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #79
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Hüsker Dü - Flip Your Wig

Rediscovering it since last fall; it was the first album of theirs I ever heard. At the time I thought Grant Hart sounded like Elvis Costello I don't think it's as good as New Day Rising (but maybe that's just because of "The Baby Song") but it's probably second best in the Husker canon. And I just figured out that the cover is cake decorations.