Recommend an Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ludacris-The Red Light District

Haha, bet nobody here likes his music.

So my honest, music lover's pick would be Remain in Light by the Talking Heads. Not my favorite band or album but definitely something most of you would dig.

The Bravery - The Bravery

I'm actually surprised that these guys are not getting more press/radio play. Their debut album is most definitely a winner. About 70%of the songs on the album are awesome. They sound like the Killers.

Ozma - Rock And Roll Pt. 3
reason #1: domino effect is one of the greatest songs ever written by anyone. i remember the first time i heard it on colorado state's radio station and it blew me away.
reason #2:gary glitter reference in the album title, how cool is that?
reason #3:someone wrote a song about my desire for natalie portman (with hair, mind you) and put it on a cd.
reason #4: rivers cuomo describes ozma as "beating me at my own game."

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE: Songs For The Deaf
best album of the 2000s. its a truly brave ROCK record. :bow:

Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

Will play with your emotions for sure, and may turn you into a wreck. It's all part of the fun. After listening to it for the first time, I got really, really sick - I even though I was going to die! Horay!

Ok.. Amazed nobody has said this one,

The Arcade Fire - Funeral

Gotta get that self titled EP on the 12th!

It blows my mind how good it is.

I've also been listening to LOTS of pixies, all different albums. :drool: -- oh, and Interpol Antics.. and the smiths :)

Ride - 'Nowhere'

Shoegaze influenced by early '90's Brit Pop, far more poppy and accessable than the majority of shoegaze. One of the best shoegaze albums ever (probably second only to MBV's 'Loveless'). This album would appeal to a lot of people, both fans of My Bloody Valentine and Stone Roses would like this.

'Vapour Trail' has become one of my favorite songs of the genre and of that time period. The rest of the tracks are all nearly just as stunning.

Last edited:
broken social scene - you forgot it in people
fantastic album from canadien collective - loaded with hooks and noises. it's got a bit of that indie pretensiousness, dosed just right. this is my favorite new band of the past 5 years - their music is adventurous and challenges the listener, but the melodies pull you in. it's dense, perfectly produced. great mix of instrumentals and amazing originals, ranging from dinosaur jr. type guitar songs (cause=time) to head tossing punk anthems (almost crimes) to completely original rock music (kc accidental) to spacy and experimental (anthems for a seventeen year old girl). it has the best bassline to completely and independently hook you into a song in ages (stars and sons). sounds great loud, in the car . . . anywhere. buy this album!

that "band" includes members of Stars, Metric, Do Make Say Think and other Canadian indie bands. Not the Arcade Fire or anything affiliated with Godspeed You! Black Emperor (I dont think..), but pretty much all the others that have had major hype and success this decade.

Hüsker Dü - Flip Your Wig

Rediscovering it since last fall; it was the first album of theirs I ever heard. At the time I thought Grant Hart sounded like Elvis Costello :reject: I don't think it's as good as New Day Rising (but maybe that's just because of "The Baby Song") but it's probably second best in the Husker canon. And I just figured out that the cover is cake decorations.

Back
Top Bottom