Recomendations for Europe Trip please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait for the day that I can speak Polish well enough to go to Poland or take one of my lovely Polish coworkers to translate for me. :drool: Hopefully within the next 2 years I'll be able to go. :drool:

Thanks so much for all the responses I will try to go to as many places you've all mentioned, please if there's more you can come up with I would really appreciate it.

menelaos said:
Elive8 do you remember cities you stayed here..??
Your impressions..??

I stayed in Heraklion (I think), or somewhere close to it. Just a tiny little village on the coast. Mind you this was almost 20 years ago so its probably changed. Did a fair bit of traveling around the island. Just amazing. Corfu is also nice.

Amsterdam: went there a couple of days ago with my friends and we had a realy good time! You should try to find one of those genuine little bars where some of the local people also go. I would also suggest visiting Maastricht in the south of the Netherlands, it`s a very nice city too, albeit much smaller than Amsterdam.

Rome: been there twice and if I had the chance I would visit Rome every year. Try to see as much as you can and don`t forget to visit the Trevi Fountain in the evening!

Have a nice trip!

Hey one last question...should I buy the europass or should I go without it and just buy tickets in each place?

Naples. The most Italian of all Italian cities, and not really spoiled by tourists, perhaps cause'many think it's dangerous and filthy. Maybe that's a bit true, but it only makes the city more appealing....

Also: Berlin. GREAT GREAT GREATEST NIghlife and relatively cheap for a Capital in western Europe.

Zurich: Gorgeous women!!! :drool: and while you're there, take a trip to Interlaken or any other place in the Berner Oberland Region

Last edited:
For the lowest Air Fares within europe: www.wegolo.com. They check all the low-cost airlines (Ryanair, Easyjet, Air Berlin, Sky Europe, etc) so you probably end up with the cheapest ticket possible (when booked in advance)

Hey people, I'm in Barcelona, beautiful city, this sunday I'll be flying to London and on monday I'll catch the coldplay concert, hopefully I'll be loggin on this site, I am more of a visitor, as you can see I've been a member for almost 5 years but only with less than 200 posts, anyway thanks for all the tips I'll be carrying this pages with me so I don't forget you recommendations, thanks!

You forgot about the capital of Europe, Brussels! Lots of things to see here, good food and a vivid nightlife.

If you'd like to hear more, let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom