Rechargable Batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Anyone else a big user of rechargable batteries? I switched to rechargables from disposable with my game boy color in sixth grade, and I still have the charger and 4 AAs I bought back then working great, and I swear I've saved at least $100 if not more over all the years. I've bought more rechargables since then for other things but I have to say, down with disposables!

Yes, I bought the most expensive set of 4 I could find when I got my digicam. IT came with a charger that does 2 or 4, an outlet adapter, and outlet adapter for other countries, and a car charger adapter. I took them to Africa for a month and wasn't sure how often I'd even have electricity available to charge them, so it was worth it! They would last for 3 days, me taking pics non-stop. Mind you, this was mostly without a flash b/c of the sun there, but with regular batteries, I was going through 2-3 sets of 4 per day :huh: The "other countries" adapter turned out to be not the right one, but the charger pack itself is compatible for any voltage so I only needed an outlet adapter (which I borrowed from my aunt) and not an entire voltage converter as well.

At home when I'm not taking pics every day, they last for weeks.

:heart: rechargables :heart:

I also started using rechargables once I got a digital camera. They eat up regular batteries like nobody's business. My first set is still going strong (after almost 3 years) - I just have to charge them a bit more frequently.

discothequeLP said:
how do you charge rechargeable batteries? there's that special battery charger gizmo right?

The one I have comes with this little charger. It's like a rectangle piece of plastice with 4 grooves in it where you push in the batteries. There's a light that blinks when it's charging and a button to switch between charging 2 or 4 batteries. You just plug it into the wall (or, you can unhook the charger part from the cord and plug in it's car charger cord instead). I bought a camera case that was small, but still had two sections - one for the camera and one for the charger.

Back
Top Bottom