recent discoveries rocking your world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
These bands all deserve their own decadent, detailed, and drooling threads, but I'm supremely excited about discovering these artists, keeping 'em in high rotation.

Black Angels
Rapture
TV on the Radio

Your recent rock revelations?

Muse-Yeah I´m pretty late on the bandwagon. Actually heard about them in 2000 when I was in Japan. Had a British friend say they were amazing.

Checked them out on You Tube, and all I have to say is "mother mary of god". They blow everyone away right now.
I haven´t listened to any of their albums, just about 10 songs off of You Tube. But everything I´ve heard is mind blowing.

I already made a thread about this (that quickly died :grumpy: ) but Blue October has impressed the hell out of me, the best new (to me) band I've heard in ages, and certainly the one I've been most enthused about since The Killers. The difference is though, that Blue October already have 4 or 5 albums out, and while I've not heard them in their entirities, I've heard a few tracks off of each, and I pretty much love everything I've heard. :drool:

If you don't check them out, you're really missing out.

http://blueoctoberfan.com/foiled/audio.php

Last edited:
EF, epic but not cheesy Swedish post-rock, they have just one album called "Give Me Beauty... or Give Me Death!"

TSIP2015-242.gif

Seu Jorge (gotta love Bowie songs in Portugese)
The Shins (I liked them before, but Chutes Too Narrow is too catchy)
The Stooges (Iggy Pop is a fucking god.)
The Velvet Underground (White Light / White Heat :drool: )

I finally got into Okkervil River. Glad I did, too. Also feel like I'm being a better Austinite, as a result.

it's been going on 4 years now, but i just can't get over Broken Social Scene.
last year Minus the Bear found me. Holy shit (check out the tune 'Hey! Is That a Ninja Up There?' - terrible title, wonderful guitars!).
most recent discovery has been a band called Donora, from here in pittsburgh. spunky, fun indie-pop. check them out - you can link to tunes on myspace via their site
www.donoramusic.com

dudeman said:
it's been going on 4 years now, but i just can't get over Broken Social Scene.

^I'm not too into them, but I have their cds and am going to see them next weekend. Can't wait since they have really good live shows!!! :rockon:

I've been listening to a lot of Daniel Lanois recently, and not bc of his work w/ U2. I heard "The Maker" and fell in love. Also, I really like the unreleased track "I Like That" on his official website. :drool: Too bad it can't be bought anywhere.:sad:

2morrow said:

^I'm not too into them, but I have their cds and am going to see them next weekend. Can't wait since they have really good live shows!!! :rockon:

seen them twice in the past 4 months (including 3 weeks ago here in the 'burgh)...
holy shit, you're gonna have a fantastic time!
enjoy, and keep us posted...

I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've only gotten into Grant McLennan's Go-Between's (still not terribly fond of Robert Forster's Go-Bees material) and solo material since his death in May. I had known Grant's work with Jack Frost and had liked it (although my appreciation of that has also grown), but never got around to picking up any of his other work until after his death.

And even though I enjoy his music immensely, I always feel a twinge of sadness when I hear it as he died far too young. :(

Back
Top Bottom