Reaper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I've caught a couple of episodes of this. It's sort of Buffy-esque in writing and mood. A bit dark, very funny and far more intelligent than anyone will ever give it credit for. The characters are awesome.

I missed the first few episodes, but somehow the main guy's parents sold his soul to the devil, and he goes around collecting souls for the Devil. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I do know each episode has held my interest and provided a few good laughs.

Anyone else watching this?

I watched the first few weeks and really enjoyed them, and then stopped watching because every episode I'd seen was pretty much the same.

Has there been any character development, or twists, or anything?

corianderstem said:
I watched the first few weeks and really enjoyed them, and then stopped watching because every episode I'd seen was pretty much the same.

Has there been any character development, or twists, or anything?

Well, I've only seen 3 episodes or so, so I don't know for sure. I think all the characters are quite likeable, actually. The story is pretty standard, "souls escape, here's a weird vessel, capture souls," but the writing is great so far. Sam is still not with Andy, and his two freinds are both idiots. The Devil is an excellent character. I think the episodic stories involving the souls is sorta trite, but hopefully the show will focus on longer arcs and some of the main points. Sam's father has a copy of the contract is looking for a way out (that happened in one episode - and I haven't seen him again) so maybe that will play a part going forward.

Yeah, Ray Wise is great. I found the episodes I watched to be very witty, but I should also admit I'm having trouble staying focused on any of the new shows I picked up this year.

I shouldn't blame it ALL on Reaper. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom