RealPlayer help - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:03 PM
RealPlayer help

basically, i just want to know how to make the program work.

details:

i had realplayer 7 on my computer, my computer is getting up there in years, i'm still on windows 98. i upgraded it to RealPlayerOne a couple months ago, but something happened and it never installed properly and the program wouldn't ever start. i re-installed (after uninstalling) and it still wouldn't do anything.

last night i went to try to fix the problem, and downloaded yet a newer version. the only thing is, everytime i click on it to run the program, it performs some sort of illegal opperation and doesn't actually open.

i got rid of it, and then got my old realplayer 7 back, which worked and everything, but there's some kind of missing plug-in that doesn't exist. so i'm thinking i probably need to be runninng an updated version because the site tells me there is no tech support for out-dated versions.

tech support (for the new one) gives me nothing (and their site also crashed my computer once) though, so i still can't run version 10.

my question: is my computer just fucked up and i should give up, or is there some elementary detail my computer-incompetent self has overlooked?

p.s. for anyone about to say "why don't you use another player", i currently have a (and it's also rather fucked up) version of winmedia, as well as winamp. the particular files i want to play have to be run in realplayer. stupid epitaph records' site...and i'm too impatient to wait until the 9th when the dvd comes out, i want to see the video clips now!

Old 03-04-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

you know what?

forget about it.

it works now.

i love how the second i post something somewhere asking for help, it magically starts working.

fucking ridiculous.

Old 03-04-2004, 03:03 PM   #3
New Yorker

real player should go away and never come back as far as i am concerned
Old 03-04-2004, 04:25 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
real player should go away and never come back as far as i am concerned

couldn't agree more. it is the spawn of satan.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:47 AM   #5
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 PM
I tried to install the latest version a few weeks ago. Somehow mine became outdated over night I used it one day to watch a video and then I went back the next day to watch it again and real player didn't work Now it works but it screwed up my aol media player. I used to be able to click on just about anything and it would play through aol. Now the aol media player box comes on but the real player logo is on the screen and then I get an error message.

I think uninstalling real player is going to happen this weekend. It's pissing me off and I rarely use it. It was just the one video clip that wouldn't play through aol. And it was a news clip too! It wasn't even U2 or anything cool!
Old 03-05-2004, 01:17 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

it's playing 2 songs at once!!

it's got more grammar problems than me!! (ian curtis hanged himself, not hung himself )

and i closed it, but it's STILL playing one of the songs.

oh, and did i mention that it labeled joy division "alternative christian contemporary"??