really useless question. i mean there is no point to this. it's pointless! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-13-2002, 09:41 PM   #16
New Yorker
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Acutally I've seen two kinds of these buttons... One of them is just like what you've said, buttons which don't like to response... But I've seen another one which really turn the lights green immediately after you pressed it!! I had a great time with this kind of buttons... (Erm... I press the button when I saw a car coming... This is fun! )

Old 05-14-2002, 02:32 AM   #17
Local Time: 11:45 PM
my take on the whole pedestrian crossing thing...
The button does make a difference, but pressing it more than once doesnt...obviously there's some sort of time delay between them.
Anyway, if you didnt have to press the button then the cars would all be stopped in the middle of the night when there's no-one crossing the road.
I really have too much spare time!

Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical than two people loving each other. When I talk about love I'm thinking of an unselfish love. Emotions can be bought and sold just like anything else, but I think real love is about giving and not expecting anything in return...I think that love stands out when set against struggle.
-Bono (on love in 'War')

Old 05-14-2002, 03:09 AM   #18
Jesus Online
Local Time: 10:45 AM
LOL Risti! We have the 2 types here, those on a timer, and those on request, ie that weight thingy in the road that sets them off, ot a button if you are a pedestrian. When I was up in Surfers once, they had those ones that turn green automatically. We did the same thing, there was hardly any traffic so we were running across the intersections anyway but still pressing them to piss of the cars.

I always hit them a few times cos I get bored at the instersection plus think if I keep pressing it, it may make a diff and change quicker as its might be less likely to hurry up if it thinks only one person is crossing.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:02 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by kobayashi:
you know when you're walking through an intersection and you have to push the walk button?
does it help to push it more than once or is it just an on/off type thing?
why would anyone even know this?
im bored.

why dont you take a good watch and try both
(1st time push as many times as possible, second time just once )and record the time.

for better result chose an intersection with few people around. Do that on all intersections and then publish a report.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:07 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:45 PM
I think it is some sort of physiological comfort they made up for us and that it makes us feel like we as pedestrians are in control. Or maybe I am over analyzing.

When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins
Old 05-15-2002, 12:38 PM   #21
The Fly
i only use the buttons if the light im sitting at stays red to long...thats the only time ive ever seen em work...