Reality TV Has Finally Gone Down the Pooper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
from eonline.com...

THE JUICE: O.J. Simpson starring in his very own reality series based on footage of his daily life in Miami taped in 2001-02. Urban America Television Network will distribute a 13-episode series to 75 of its independent station affiliates this June, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

O.J. reality TV show in the works
Wednesday, April 23, 2003 Posted: 3:15 PM EDT (1915 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- O.J. Simpson -- acquitted in 1995 in the killings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman -- is preparing for his debut as the star of his own "Osbournes"-esque reality show.

Fort Worth, Texas-based Urban America Television Network said it will distribute a 13-week series about the former football great to its 75 independent broadcast TV station affiliates starting in June, according to a story in The Hollywood Reporter.

The series will chronicle Simpson's daily life in Miami using footage collected over several months of filming in 2001 and 2002.

Simpson maintains he did not commit the crimes and has said he thinks the case eventually will be solved.

Following the criminal trial, Simpson was sued by both families of the victims in civil court. The families were awarded $33.5 million in damages in 1997.

Since the trials, Simpson and his children have been living near Miami on a $4 million pension earned with money from his careers in sports, acting and television pitchman. Such pensions are exempt from civil court judgments.

In December 2001, federal agents searched Simpson's house and nine other area homes as part of an investigation into a drug, theft and money-laundering ring.

Simpson was at home during the search and no large amounts of money or drugs were found, his attorney said at the time. Simpson was not involved in the ring, the attorney said.

In October 2001, Simpson was acquitted of charges stemming from an alleged road-rage argument. He was accused of grabbing eyeglasses from a driver's face and scratching him.

this is beyond the pooper...this is taking TV down into the cesspool of putrid waste at the sewage treatment plant :down: :eyebrow:

Here is a peek at upcoming episodes.

Week one: ?Ugly ass shoe shopping with OJ?

Week two: ?Household hints with OJ; how to remove the most stubborn laundry stains.?

Week three: ?Watching TV with OJ, favorite program, Cops? (OJ is not able to contain himself, yelling at the TV)

Guess what, we may see more of OJ than we want.

I just heard a report on the radio that two networks are in negotiations with OJ to act as a commentator for the Robert Blake trial.

Wife killers should not be glorified

I have to put up with OJ's book at work dammit (I work in a library). I don't need him on my TV set. I knew I didn't like reality TV............:mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

:shrug: I've never liked reality TV from the beginning :tsk:

I find myself watching more and more movies on cable and re-runs on channels like Nick-at Nite, or sometimes news channels like CNN, but other than that I don't watch much network prime-time tv these days :|

David Letterman: "O.J. Simpson has announced that he will not be doing a new reality TV series. Sure, he'll commit double homicide, but he won't do a show for Fox" ("Late Show").

O.J. reality TV doesn't fit, he must admit

April 25, 2003

LOS ANGELES--Contrary to widely circulated reports, O.J. Simpson said Thursday he won't be the star of a reality TV show, but might consider being a news commentator for actor Robert Blake's murder trial.

''I have no plans in any way to do a reality show even though people have approached me about it,'' Simpson said by phone from his Miami home. ''I'm not looking to do anything. I don't have agents out there looking for something for O.J.''

Simpson said he's been contacted about a reality show that would chronicle his day-to-day life but he's not interested.

He is aware of video footage shot during his travels to a series of hip-hop concerts in 2001 and 2002. A Texas cable channel said it plans to create 13 one-hour episodes of the show using archived footage of Simpson.

''To be honest, this footage would get pretty boring,'' Simpson said. ''I had a lot of fun. We were welcomed everywhere. But this was not meant to be shown anywhere except as rebuttal to those who say I'm a pariah.''

As for doing commentary on the Blake case, Simpson said TV outlets have contacted him, but he declined to name them. ''I'd love to do it,'' he said. ''I think I have a lot of insight. I don't know if he's guilty or not but I know there's no such thing anymore as innocent until proven guilty.''

Blake is accused of murdering wife Bonny Lee Bakley in 2001. Simpson was acquitted of murder after the 1994 slayings of ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman, but a civil jury later held him liable and ordered him to pay the victims' survivors $33.5 million. He hasn't worked since, because any money he makes could be seized to satisfy that judgment, which remains largely unpaid.

''I didn't commit the crime," he said, "and I don't think these people deserve anything."

AP

i did not want to start a thread about

Monica Lewinsky Mystery man program

I watched it for the first time last night.

those guys in the mask,
everytime a guy takes his off she says his personality matched his face.

The guys she is keeping are going to disappoint her.

It was kind of surreal having Monica bust one of the guys (with a hidden tape) for getting a bj.

only in America

You are being exploited and don't know it

Question:

Go home and check your Cable TV lineups....
I would bet than NO ONE has this Urban American chanel. This is a ploy for people to get excited about the channel - and then for the channel to promote itself to cable companies to put it on your line-up

LAME!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom