Real or Artificial?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Just curious to know if you have a real or artifical tree for Christmas? I have an artifical and it looks like the real thing. Also I can keep it up longer during the Season.

I thought somebody resurrected the "Real or Fake" thread.:censored: :wink:

I have no tree.

I have a little ceramic one with lights stored in my attic.
A girl friend made it for me.

Just me and my little dog, I might put lights on my Buddha statue.

real, although you've got to make sure you don't get the really spikey kind that nearly impales you when you try to get it into the stand.

A friend gave us a beautiful artificial tree a couple years ago. We might buy a swag or wreath to bring some fresh pine scent in the house.

Usually fake...my son has asthma and terrible allergies. We've ended up in ER several times around the holidays and figured out it was the tree. This year, I got a small real one and so far so good, no weezing or coughing.

Real, my dad's friend owns the biggest Christmas tree farm in the state, I think even in the country, so sometimes we get there's or we buy one from the local elementary school fundraiser.

martha said:
Fake.

When we get around to putting it up, which is about every other year.

(I'm scared shitless of fire.)

On New Year's Eve, my family takes the Christmas tree we put up and throws it on the fire at midnight and it goes WOOOOSH!

And the flame retardent ones burn faster, they just have more toxic smoke.

Real, I just love that Christmas tree smell.

And I have a little growing one in my room as well, which is cool :)

Short answer: Fake

Long(-winded) answer: When I was little, we ALWAYS had a real tree. We'd usually go to a tree farm and cut our own down, which could be a lot of fun. But as the years passed, it became more and more of a hassle. It all came to a head a few years ago when it was about 20 below zero and we're sitting in our driveway, trying to figure out a way to cram the tree (which was far, far to wide) through the door. Also, my dad kept having to saw off pieces of the bottom of the trunk, so it would be level. This is a rather frustrating task when the tree sap is completely frozen. I think it ended up taking us 3 hours to finally get the damn thing inside. That, combined with my dad's and my sister's allergies pretty much put the seal on any future real trees making their way into our house. The next year we bought a nice fake tree and, while I sort of miss having a real tree around, we've been really happy with it.

Fake. Never had a real one.

Slightly off-topic: I got a small silver tree this year and I'm decorating it with U2ey ornaments. I can't believe all the stuff I found o_O Shopping carts, lemons, mirrorballs, planes, hearts, etc. :D

Last edited:
Real.. but then I live in a place where fir trees grow shoulder to shoulder, 50 and 75 ft. tall. Trees love growing here in the Northwest. A lot of people around here choose living trees that they plant after Christmas.

~najeena~

Back
Top Bottom