Read anything good recently?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
Read!

Read anything good recently?

Mountians Beyond Mountains - A compelling story of one "character" and his quest to change the world.

THe Know it all - A man reads the Britaniaca. Enough said.

Ooooh, sarcasm. :p :wink:

I'm reading...

Rip It Up And Start Again by Simon Reynolds. It's a book about post-punk music and is absolutely excellent.

I'm also re-reading The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. The fact that I'm re-reading it tells you all you need to know.

And finally I'm reading Mao: The Unknown Story by Jung Chang and John Halliday. Which is perhaps one of the poorest biographies I've ever had the misfortune to read. Apparently an intense hatred of the subject does not make for an informed and balanced biography.

Not really, but that's because I'm incredibly lazy and stuff.

The last book I read was Coetzee's 'The Life & Times of Michael K' and to be honest I didn't quite grasp it.

i just finished inside the mind of scott peterson by keith ablow

i'm fascinated by this case, i've read everything that has been written about it, but this wasn't the best book on the subject.

um. OK.

What was wrong with it?

I mean, are you an expert on these types of Posses (what is the plural of Posse?)? :eyebrow:

I didn't think so.

Recently:

re-read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

re-read Small Gods, Terry Pratchett

re-read Angela's Ashes, McCourt

read God: Stories, edited by C. Michael Curtis. An anthology of fictional stories about spiritual experiences, including stories by Philip Roth, James Joyce (Grace), Flannery O'Connor.

I just finished reading "Fight Club" and I must say it's quite the breath of fresh air. I had never read anything like it. Chuck Palahniuk is a really quirky different author. Pick it up if you can.

I am reading Fast Food Nation and it is making me NEVER want to eat Fast Food again in my LIFE!!!
Beurk06.gif

Carek1230 said:
I am reading Fast Food Nation and it is making me NEVER want to eat Fast Food again in my LIFE!!!
Beurk06.gif

Ooo! That book is a nightmare in a dust jacket. :barf:

Back
Top Bottom