Ray LaMontagne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrieluvv

Refugee
Ray Lamontague

this is some really good shit and its legal ; )
anyone else heard his music?
I just bought " trouble" today
and its so soulful - its crazy..but i cant figure out WHO the hell he reminds me of..some 70's singer...?????????

do it ..so we may dicuss ....

i havent listened to the whole thing yet...but I probably will today

ray_lamontagne150x150.jpg

http://www.raylamontagne.com/profile.php

oh man.....what songs did he do on letterman?
you guys should get the CD....all the songs are as good as trouble....when its over your like.....that was a short CD

thanks for that picture and the link miss velvet dress...

he definately looks like hes from new england with the beard and all

I didn't remember/realize he's from NH-and not every guy from New England is a mountain man type carrieluvv :wink:

I like his voice, I might have to get that CD

I downloaded a song of his, Narrow Escape, a couple of weeks ago on recommendation and I must say, I had to do a triple-take because to me, it sounds exactly like a Ryan Adams song. I actually felt the urge to listen to all of my Ryan Adams albums again to make sure the mp3 wasn't mislabeled. :huh:

However, the song he did on Letterman the other night wasn't quite so Ryan-esque. I like him, though. :up: I need to download his full album sometime.

Last edited:
you guys should all get it...my favorite song ive been playing over and over is "forever my friend.." its so BEAUTIFUL!
you guys..........come..on.....go out and get it this weekend!

mrs. springsteen......i read he was from lewiston maine....
( I also read hes moved around ALOT) but his last home was in maine
i live in maine..so i know not every guy looks like that ...
:drool: hehe.....
you guys will really love the socially aware/ relevant song " how come " as well...it reminds of a john fogarty tune

lookin at this post i realise i say " you guys" a wee bit too often...
ill try and cut back

Last edited:
OKIDOKIE<<<<<<<<<<<, hate to bring it up again...
he played dublin last night......

i read all the reviews on the UK site..they seem like him more than americans do ...
if anyone out there saw him...id like to know your thoughts...
i listenend to the live stuff on the website
very touching

I bought it a couple weeks ago. It's really nice. A good songwriter with a great folk voice. Definitely has quite a few shades of Ryan Adams in there, too.

MISS!!!!! Elaborate baby!
i listened to it over and over
i love shelter and forever my friend.

After reading this thread and I decided to check out this Trouble tune. All your positive comments had me interested and I had never heard of Ray LaMontague before.

Trouble is a beautiful, mellow track and I agree with whoever (carrieluv?) said it was soulful. It's very pretty. :)

Oh, and I also got All the wild horses. Very soothing. :heart:

I'll now have to check out more of his stuff. I think I could be tempted to get his cd. I have music vouchers I've been itching to spend but wasn't prepared to splash out on something like Coldplay like my sister was trying to force me to do. :shifty:

Last edited:
you can also look at his UK website..there is a little mini concert to watch.
its lovely

I know Ray. He's a very cool fella. I'm in the process of trying to get my band to open for him in portland and hampton this august. Yessah.

SMB

dang ! thats cool...

where is hampton?

I dunno if ill go and see the show yet...
my husband was like lets go......and im so weary of goin to concerts and blah blah blah ...
i know hes a really good live show too

Just got his cd, and wow is it good. Has such a soothing sound to it. Some Van Morrison, some Ryan Adams, all very good. My favorites are Jolene and Hannah....

I dont listen t is as much as i did when i first got it.
ofcourse...
I hope a new one from him will come out soon.....it'lll be interesting to see what he'll come up with next now that hes got the taste of fame and fortune

I was really surprised to see this thread resurrected

Back
Top Bottom