Rank Coldplay's album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hedgehog said:
1) AROBTTH
2) Parachutes
3) X&Y

X&Y Vs. HTDAAB

Square One Vs. Vertigo
Like both songs, but Vertigo has a bit more edge to it.
0-1

What If Vs. Miracle Drug
Neither are the greatest songs on their albums, prefer Miracle Drug ever so slightly
0-2

White Shadows Vs. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
SYCMIOYO, no contest
0-3

Fix You Vs. Love And Peace Or Else
LAPOE is the best song on HTDAAB in my opinion.
Again, no contest.
0-4

Talk Vs. City Of Blinding Lights
Love Talk, COBL is good but not great, I'll give this one to Coldplay.
1-4

X&Y Vs. All Because Of You
Neither.
Tie: 1-4

Speed Of Sound Vs. A Man And A Woman
AMAAW is very underrated, in my opinion
1-5

A Message Vs. Crumbs From Your Table
Can't decide, another tie.
Tie: 1-5

Low Vs. One Step Closer
2-5

The Hardest Part Vs. Original Of The Species
2-6

Swallowed In The Sea Vs. Yahweh
2-7

Twisted Logic Vs. Fast Cars
2-8

X&Y 2
HTDAAB 8

I like Coldplay and all three of their albums, but I think that HTDAAB is a far better album than X&Y.
Also agree with bsp77 about the need for Coldplay to change their style for the next album.

this may not make sense but i think X&Y vs HTDAAB is a far closer competition when you dont comapre them song to song and just compare whole album to album.
i know that doesn't necesssarily make sense cause an album is made up of the songs (duh) but i remember in the recent rolling stone interview Bono ends off his own review of HTDAAB with something along the lines of HTDAAB as a whole isn't equal to the sum of it's parts "and that fucking annoys me".
this is where i kind of agree: if i look at each song on HTDAAB individually they're great - i struggle to find a favourite or one i don't like - but as an album it just doesn't do that much for me :shrug:

X&Y is the opposite for me - i like it as an album and think its great as a whole, but pick the songs apart individually and i could list a few i dont think are great and probably wouldn't rate it too much.

so song to song, HTDAAB kicks X&Y's butt (as proven above) but album to album... i dunno, if i'm honest i'm more likely to listen to X&Y on any given day.

digsy said:

and the leaked version of talk is far superior to the final album version i think. but then i can also see why the changed it, would have been far to similiar to speed of sound had they left it as it is.

:yes:

Anyone catch the Talk video yet? It's up on the Coldplayer at the official website. I loved it.

1 AROBTTH
2 Parachutes
3 X & Y

That said, I listen to X & Y the most out of all three, but as has already been said, they need to start exploring other directions.

This is a far better method to compare albums:
The 5 star rating

How to dismantle an atomic bomb:

Vertigo 4,5
Miracle drug 3,5
Sometimes... 3,5
Love and peace or else 5
City of blinding lights 4
All because of you 3
A man and a woman 2,5
Crumbs from your table 3,5
One step closer 2,5
Original of the species 5
Yahweh 2,5

39,5/11=3,6

X&Y:

Square one 3,5
What if 3,5
White shadows 3,5
Fix you 4
Talk 4
X&Y 4,5
Speed of sound 3,5
A message 3
Low 2,5
The hardest part 2,5
Swallowed in the sea 3,5
Twisted logic 3
Till kingdom come 2

43/13=3,3

HelloAngel said:
The "Talk" video made me laugh out loud. And not in a good way. Sorry. :|

As soon as I saw Chris Martin with a megaphone yelling at a giant fake robot, I almost died in my chair of laughter

sure enough, this video will hit number 1 on VH1/MTV in 5 seconds

followed by My Lumps and some dumb Rap video

Serenity Now!

frank9dy.gif

Okay. I do believe that is the stupidest video I've ever seen since The Killers' video for All These Thing's I've Done.

At least someone else liked it after all.

It's supposed to be cheesy and weird. I don't see any blink-182 in it. :angry:

You're all just mad that Bono doesn't have a flashlight that could shine all the way to the moon. :grumpy:

1 - Rush of Blood
Close second - Parachutes
3 - x&y

I see X&Y and HTDAAB as equals.

But Coldplay is already putting out bland material on only their third album which means the veterans get the nod for better album.

inmyplace13 said:
At least someone else liked it after all.

It's supposed to be cheesy and weird. I don't see any blink-182 in it. :angry:

You're all just mad that Bono doesn't have a flashlight that could shine all the way to the moon. :grumpy:
It was incredibly cheesy and funny, definately not what I expected!
Loved the video, its absolutely brilliant in my opinion. :D

I never did see the killer's "all these things....." video so i wouldn't know which is worse :hmm: well, it certainly was better than their "yellow" video...i'll give them that much:wink:
i did, however, think the scientist was one of the coolest video ideas i've ever seen and trouble if i remember correctly was good too.

Just got the new b-sides for the Talk single today and man it's an excellent track. "Sleeping Sun" sounds like nothing they've ever done before, it's a great track. The other one is a studio version of "Gravity", the song Chris gave to Embrace. Much better and more heartfelt than the Embrace version. It was good live, but this studio version is loads better, with the whole band singing the refrain.

Very happy with these b-sides.

Parachutes
Don't Panic 4,5
Shiver 5
Spies 4
Sparks 3
Yellow 4,5
Trouble 3,5
Parachutes 3
High Speed 2,5
We Never Change 3
Careful Where you stand 3,5
Eveything's not lost 2,5
For you 2,5

A Rush of Blood
Politik 5
In My Place 4,5
God Put a smile 4
The Scientist 4
Clocks 5
Daylight 4
Green Eyes 5
Warning Sign 3
A whisper 2,5
A rush of blood to the head 4
Amsterdam 4,5

X&Y
Square One 4
What If 4
White Shadows 5
Fix You 5
Talk 4
X&Y 2,5
Speed of sound 4
A Message 4
Low 4,5
The Hardest Part 2,5
Swallowed in the sea 4,5
Twisted Logic 2
Til Kingdom Come 3,5

Looks like I need to fix my album order... :huh:

1) AROBTTH
2) X&Y
3) Parachutes

inmyplace13 said:
Just got the new b-sides for the Talk single today and man it's an excellent track. "Sleeping Sun" sounds like nothing they've ever done before, it's a great track. The other one is a studio version of "Gravity", the song Chris gave to Embrace. Much better and more heartfelt than the Embrace version. It was good live, but this studio version is loads better, with the whole band singing the refrain.

:shh: ysi ?

inmyplace13 said:

I've gotten these too, and if this is the direction they're taking their next album, I think I'd stop badmouthing the band

but still badmouth Chris Martin:wink:

Back
Top Bottom