Ranga, Iceland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Ax what's the honest opinion on the song then? :lol:

Haha, actually, the "ooooaahh" thing was my least favourite ... it kind of bugged me, especially as it kept appearing. Otherwise, no major quibbles. If you wanted to get onto Rock Band, though, I think the guitar solo should've taken up even more of the song. :wink:

I liked the bass ...

Haha, actually, the "ooooaahh" thing was my least favourite ... it kind of bugged me, especially as it kept appearing. Otherwise, no major quibbles. If you wanted to get onto Rock Band, though, I think the guitar solo should've taken up even more of the song. :wink:

I liked the bass ...

Thre ooooaahhs are a little over the top at times yeah I know :lol: We wanted a nice short impossible guitar solo because we didn't want to make everyone fail out just the non obsessives :wink:

The bass is what the song was based around, we recorded that first and made a song based on it :lol:

John, just sending you The Dream Is Over. Reviewing Silver Lining right now to see if it's worth including separately.

Hey Daniel! :wave:

Oh man, Bono's vocals are terrible on Silver Lining. However did they get a record deal from the 26 February 1980 gig?!

That was the National Stadium show right? if so then yes

That's the one. Do you have it? I'm on the fence about whether Silver Lining should be included or not. After all, Trevor made it. And the lulz of Bono's vocals ... and Edge's "ba ba ba ba" drowning out Bono's "sad song, sad song" ...

How is the superthread this morning?

Yeah, not too bad, though I'm working on a bullshit item of assessment for uni. :sigh:

Yourself?

How is the superthread this morning?

I'm good, fixing a mix of my band's new song to make it Axver approached :wink: you?

That's the one. Do you have it? I'm on the fence about whether Silver Lining should be included or not. After all, Trevor made it. And the lulz of Bono's vocals ... and Edge's "ba ba ba ba" drowning out Bono's "sad song, sad song" ...

I used to not anymore though, maybe I will include it then but pair it with the October tracks, there's no real unreleased October stuff is there?

I used to not anymore though, maybe I will include it then but pair it with the October tracks, there's no real unreleased October stuff is there?

Alright, I'll send it over. And yeah, there are no real unreleased tracks from October, so I'd suggest letting Boy's stuff sprawl over into that era. There is Be There, which was recorded sometime in 1982 ... and you have Carry Me Home from June 1981, just before October's sessions.

(Carry Me Home deserves to get flogged.)

Alright, I'll send it over. And yeah, there are no real unreleased tracks from October, so I'd suggest letting Boy's stuff sprawl over into that era. There is Be There, which was recorded sometime in 1982 ... and you have Carry Me Home from June 1981, just before October's sessions.

(Carry Me Home deserves to get flogged.)

Be There is from 1982? I always find that surprising :lol:

Be There is from 1982? I always find that surprising :lol:

Apparently. Sounds like 1982 Bono to me, and I'm pretty sure he used some of its lyrics for a bit of improvisation at gigs in March 1983.

Do you need Carry Me Home?

Can you send me Silver Lining, Be There and Carry Me Home. I can't find my Be There mp3

Silver Lining's just sent. I'll do Be There and Carry Me Home in a minute.

Carry Me Home, believe it or not, has even more insightful lyrics than Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight, though perhaps not quite as insightful as Scarlet.

Both sent.

Just listened to Be There for the first time in ages ... I suspect it, like THBAO, was probably written on Bono's honeymoon in 1982. In light of I Fall Down and Angels Too Tied To The Ground, it actually makes a bit of sense.

OK, I'm out. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on Carry Me Home, John.

:wave:

For once I am cautious in setting foot in this thread ... ahem, thanks to the events of last nights superthread. I'll have that forever trapped in my sensitive memory.

And I'm being serious!

Look what we've done to poor innocent Vlad! :laugh:

Now I should send you the U2 unreleased songs I sent John and traumatise you further. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom