Randoooooooooooooooooom Geeks Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IWasBored said:

:lol:

and i thought my most recent hobby made me the world's biggest nerd!

(it involves collecting a list of essays and books concerning music in the sherlock holmes stories. i'm not exactly sure what i'm doing with this list, all i know is that i made photocopies at the library yesterday :shifty: so i'm still a big loser for it. but i'm not pointing out gap things!)
:lol: WHY would you even think of that? Is it for a project for which you're getting academic credit, or for your own (bizarre, yet facinating) entertainment?

Re: this took me far too long

Schmeg said:

345%3B99746%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3237%3E3%3C5%3E76%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3A774%3A894nu0mrj

:lmao:

and adding Schmeg to list........

IWasBored said:
nah, i've got a new roommate. i've decided that she's going to move out because i'm going to be eerily silent. i've said maybe 5 words to her, and she's been here over 24 hours.

eerily silent, but music blasting. blasting atypical things, too. bluegrass and such.
:crack: She's going to think you're a serial killer. I think the Sherlock Holmes thing is going to help her arrive at that decision. I give her three more days...IF she's strong-willed.

:iwb&schmegshow:

Schmeg said:

:lol: WHY would you even think of that? Is it for a project for which you're getting academic credit, or for your own (bizarre, yet facinating) entertainment?

:reject: it has nothing to do with academic credit whatsoever. it's completly for my own bizarre entertainment. i'm oddly fascinated by the importance and occurances of music (whether it be holmes actually playing the violin, or mentioning there's some sort of concert he's attending and dragging watson along with him). not fascinated enough to spend 50 bucks at amazon.com for a 1st edition copy of what i assume to be the out of print "sherlock holmes and music" written by one mr. guy warrack. from what i've read (and i've read quite a bit now :shifty: ) that book is pretty much the bible on the subject.

i'm sort of oddly fascinated by the role music plays in the show house...and since the character is loosley based on holmes, it stems from that. i suppose i'd have to have a reason for my odd fascination regarding that character, too, though. well, that's just my own obsession with music.

speaking of which, i've been listening to steve earle obsessively all day. and dropped about 100 bucks between today and yesterday on a bunch of cds. steve earle, johnny cash, stiff little fingers, the misfits, social distortion, and beck. :shifty:

shari schultz said:
"eerily silent"
just the phrase creeps me out.....:yikes:

:evil:

it's the word eerie. if creepiness made a sound, it would be an onomotopia.

floood control! :scream:

Schmeg said:

:crack: She's going to think you're a serial killer. I think the Sherlock Holmes thing is going to help her arrive at that decision. I give her three more days...IF she's strong-willed.

:iwb&schmegshow:

:lol: she's really going to think i'm nuts if i keep up with the poor attempts at stiffling laughter...she's going to wonder what's online that's so funny. mwhauahahahahaha. :macdevil:

shari schultz said:
I could send some violent soup your way, IWB

shari: *walks into the post office with a package of violent soup*
postal worker: anything perishable, fragile, liquid, or potentially hazerdous?

U2Girl1978 said:
That theme music I've heard in scary movies comes to mind. "ree ree ree ree ree"

:shifty:
Now put that to a bluegrass band and you've got IWB's dorm room! :yikes:

IWasBored said:

:lol: she's really going to think i'm nuts if i keep up with the poor attempts at stiffling laughter...she's going to wonder what's online that's so funny. mwhauahahahahaha. :macdevil:

know of any odd websites? you could always quickly flip to the unusual website if she gets curious....

IWasBored said:

:evil:

it's the word eerie. if creepiness made a sound, it would be an onomotopia.
:drool: onomotopia :drool:

This is possibly my favorite post ever.

Schmeg said:

Now put that to a bluegrass band and you've got IWB's dorm room! :yikes:

:wink:

fiddles can make some weird noises when not played properly.

shari schultz said:

know of any odd websites? you could always quickly flip to the unusual website if she gets curious....
As if a whole thread devoted to violent soup wasn't odd enough! :lol:

IWasBored said:

shari: *walks into the post office with a package of violent soup*
postal worker: anything perishable, fragile, liquid, or potentially hazerdous?
Shari:
345%3B99746%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3237%3E3%3C5%3E76%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3A774%3A894nu0mrj
?
Soup: *eats postal worker*

i was looking in my photobucket for bostonzilla and i found this!

cart_bono_BOOT.jpg

IWasBored said:

:reject: it has nothing to do with academic credit whatsoever. it's completly for my own bizarre entertainment. i'm oddly fascinated by the importance and occurances of music (whether it be holmes actually playing the violin, or mentioning there's some sort of concert he's attending and dragging watson along with him). not fascinated enough to spend 50 bucks at amazon.com for a 1st edition copy of what i assume to be the out of print "sherlock holmes and music" written by one mr. guy warrack. from what i've read (and i've read quite a bit now :shifty: ) that book is pretty much the bible on the subject.

i'm sort of oddly fascinated by the role music plays in the show house...and since the character is loosley based on holmes, it stems from that. i suppose i'd have to have a reason for my odd fascination regarding that character, too, though. well, that's just my own obsession with music.

speaking of which, i've been listening to steve earle obsessively all day. and dropped about 100 bucks between today and yesterday on a bunch of cds. steve earle, johnny cash, stiff little fingers, the misfits, social distortion, and beck. :shifty:
Actually, that sounds pretty interesting, and now I'm sorry that I decided not to watch House. it was on at 9, right?

Schmeg said:

Actually, that sounds pretty interesting, and now I'm sorry that I decided not to watch House. it was on at 9, right?

if american idol ever goes back to being 1 hour, it's on at 9. but it hasn't been on for weeks. :sad: it comes back next week, finally, i think.

the music thing isn't a huge part, in either house or holmes. it's an imporant part of the character's personality, but it plays a small role in the actual plotline. but that might be what fascinates me. i really don't know. fortunatly, sane folks need not apply to randoooom. it was established years ago that i am not right in the head.

IWasBored said:
i was looking in my photobucket for bostonzilla and i found this!

cart_bono_BOOT.jpg
:lol: :heart:

Memories...
Like the corner of my mind...
Misty, Photoshopp-ed memories
Of U2 going shopping...

State O' The Union

Shari meet flood control, flood control meet shari..........*sicks soup on flood control*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom