Randoooooooooooooom: Ice Dancing Toward Toll House Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shari, I have a silly question. What type of shoes do you wear at work?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been on my feet a lot lately at work and the sneakers I have right now are just not cutting it :reject:.

I know that arw has her crocs :), but I don't think I can wear those at work :(
These are what I am wearing currently:
Avon Shop - Products

Would like to try the Skechers version, Shape-Ups. Problem being they are costly.

Crocs got de-dresscoded at work. I have a Dr. excuse to wear sneakers.
If I wear flat bottom sneakers I have had luck w/ Asics and Nike.

I should be cleaning for an open house on Sunday and packing for a trip to New Jersey I'm attempting this weekend but I just don't feel like doing any of it. I just want to sit on my ass and zone out!

Be careful what you wish for...it's spring break and I can't get out of Indy, so we'll be staying here. It's okay because we have an open house Sunday and we need to make the little balcony off the kitchen appear more usable, and I ran out of time doing that tonight when I couldn't find the chair of the chair n'table set at the one Target I had time to go to. I can also go to the gym tomorrow and try to work off some of the extra cubicle flab I feel like I've gained in this 45-hour week. The worst part about a desk job is the sitting part...

I should be cleaning for an open house on Sunday and packing for a trip to New Jersey I'm attempting this weekend but I just don't feel like doing any of it. I just want to sit on my ass and zone out!
Hey get away from reality for a bit. Enjoy yourself. Give my regards to the Boss ;)

Be careful what you wish for...it's spring break and I can't get out of Indy, so we'll be staying here. It's okay because we have an open house Sunday and we need to make the little balcony off the kitchen appear more usable, and I ran out of time doing that tonight when I couldn't find the chair of the chair n'table set at the one Target I had time to go to. I can also go to the gym tomorrow and try to work off some of the extra cubicle flab I feel like I've gained in this 45-hour week. The worst part about a desk job is the sitting part...
Disregard previous post. Stay in reality.

These are what I am wearing currently:
Avon Shop - Products

Would like to try the Skechers version, Shape-Ups. Problem being they are costly.

Crocs got de-dresscoded at work. I have a Dr. excuse to wear sneakers.
If I wear flat bottom sneakers I have had luck w/ Asics and Nike.

Do you feel like you're getting more of a workout when you walk in those sneakers? I'm interested in the Sketchers Shape-Ups, too, with the desk job thing and the fact that it's really hard to get out of my neighborhood to my gym during the evening from March through November (narrow streets that should be one way intersecting with popular running/biking/skating trail + bars and restaurants = :scream: ) and if I could do more while walking the trail, that would be cool.

I trained my feet to not hate all sorts of crazy shoes when I was in retail since sneakers were banned and we had to be "fashionable." I actually did really well with wood-soled shoes somehow.

Do you feel like you're getting more of a workout when you walk in those sneakers? I'm interested in the Sketchers Shape-Ups, too, with the desk job thing and the fact that it's really hard to get out of my neighborhood to my gym during the evening from March through November (narrow streets that should be one way intersecting with popular running/biking/skating trail + bars and restaurants = :scream: ) and if I could do more while walking the trail, that would be cool.

I trained my feet to not hate all sorts of crazy shoes when I was in retail since sneakers were banned and we had to be "fashionable." I actually did really well with wood-soled shoes somehow.

More than anything, the sneakers help me work on my balance issues that I still have from the BL. Prolly comes from the numb toes/foot.
I do feel they have helped tone the legs, the injured leg more so.

My left foot has no issues w/ shoes. My right foot pretty much hates all shoes, but tolerates rocker bottoms best.

More than anything, the sneakers help me work on my balance issues that I still have from the BL. Prolly comes from the numb toes/foot.
I do feel they have helped tone the legs, the injured leg more so.

My left foot has no issues w/ shoes. My right foot pretty much hates all shoes, but tolerates rocker bottoms best.

Do these help with pronation, too? I have a problem with my heels turning inward, especially the right one. These are so much more reasonably priced than Skechers! :D

it's absolutely GORGEOUS out today! 56 degrees, says my computer right now. I :heart: Minnesotans....56 and they're all in shorts and tees!!!!!! I bet the lake was packed today. I had too much to do today to go there. But what I did was soooo worth it! Cut, color, eyebrows.....I feel like a new me :)

:angry:

I spent over an hour at Walmart today....yes, Walmart. I hate it there but they sell Morning Star Farms and Boca stuff over $1.00 cheaper than Target and at least $2.00 if not more than the grocery store. Plus I have a bunch of MSF coupons. So off to Walmart. I get home to find that the princess needs litter. My sister usually is in charge of this situation and also cleaning but she couldn't come over today. She stopped by last night and said she had a bag in her car but with the dog she couldn't bring it in. We both forgot to get it. We also did rock, paper, scissors to decide who would change the box today (we solve all of our issues this way!). I lost. I also have not litter. Garbage pickup is Mondays so the parents have asked that the box get cleaned on Sundays so it can get picked up the next day. So....off to the store I go. :angry:

Do these help with pronation, too? I have a problem with my heels turning inward, especially the right one. These are so much more reasonably priced than Skechers! :D

Ooooo, I don't know about that for sure. It might, since they force you to walk heel, toe.

it's absolutely GORGEOUS out today! 56 degrees, says my computer right now. I :heart: Minnesotans....56 and they're all in shorts and tees!!!!!! I bet the lake was packed today. I had too much to do today to go there. But what I did was soooo worth it! Cut, color, eyebrows.....I feel like a new me :)
Glad someone enjoyed it :grumpy: :wink:
Congrats on the new you :up:

11 people scheduled in home store. 9 of them were for the most part in one area :mad:
A co-worker and myself stewed for a bit (actually, the better part of the day). I don't care that boss pulled 3 people from hard home to work on floor move, I do care that he kept the FOUR people who were scheduled in soft home, in soft home (they weren't helping in the floor move). There is no reason why a co-worker and I had to beg for lunches at 2:30 *snarl*. Boss could have sent someone to break us

There were a couple 3:30 til close people to come in yet.

11 people scheduled in home store. 9 of them were for the most part in one area :mad:
A co-worker and myself stewed for a bit (actually, the better part of the day). I don't care that boss pulled 3 people from hard home to work on floor move, I do care that he kept the FOUR people who were scheduled in soft home, in soft home (they weren't helping in the floor move). There is no reason why a co-worker and I had to beg for lunches at 2:30 *snarl*. Boss could have sent someone to break us

There were a couple 3:30 til close people to come in yet.

:yikes: :hug:

I like that.

Am currently in the middle of Guinness Cupcake Extravaganza 2010.
Happy tasting the batter :drool: So rich, so decadent :drool:

Patrick shaved his head for charity last night :up:
Gaelic Storm | Facebook

I demand pictures of the Guinness Cupcake Extravaganza 2010!!!!!!!

I saw his big head of FB and wondered what was up....

Worked out today. I walked, rode a bike, and lifted some weights. It's too much for my budget right now to become a member plus with lake season coming up I don't think I'd go. But it was nice to have a good workout like that instead of just walking. I brought the 'Pod with me this time so I was able to really get into it unlike last week. We went to a bread bakery that had a few unimpressive pastries in their case. We split a scone. Not that great. It was too moist to be a traditional scone recipe. It was supposed to be a maple scone but it just tasted like a sugar cookie. Then we went to a place that makes pizzas in a wood burning oven. It was very light and tasty. :drool: I think next week we're going to hit up one of the patisseries that does traditional french pastries. Maybe they have a need for a pastry chef. I think I'll bring my portfolio just in case :nerd:

Sounds like you had a good healthy day. I on the other hand had cupcake batter, what was left in the can of Guinness and now a cupcake :hyper: from the sugar and :drunk: from the Guinness

Sounds like you had a good healthy day. I on the other hand had cupcake batter, what was left in the can of Guinness and now a cupcake :hyper: from the sugar and :drunk: from the Guinness

:drool: Yum! I'm curious to see how many pieces of Guinness cake or Bailey's mousse eclairs are left at work tomorrow. I know I'm going to have to make more....mainly because I want to eat some!

that's cool! Not my style but still really cool.

yeah the MN Zoo was my show. I haven't looked for videos for that in a really long time. I'll have to watch those.

busy week this week after work each night. :crazy: Busy is good....I guess. Can't wait for St Patty's day at the pub! Not going to any of my usual haunts because they all have an insane cover. But I think we did find a pub that is going business as usual with no entertainment. I just want lots and lots of Guinness :drool::drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom