Randoooooooooooooom: Ice Dancing Toward Toll House Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
allergies/sinuses are killing me tonight. I dusted and vacuumed the entire house this afternoon, cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom, and the cat had a bath yesterday so I thought I would start to feel better but I think it's had the opposite affect of me. I feel like someone stepped on my face and my eyes are so watery I swear my contacts are floating around.

My friend that I asked for computer help said he would be happy to help out and not charge me anything! Of course I have to bring a box of pastries, as is generally expected by most people when I show up at their door. But I can totally handle whipping up a little box of sweet treats for free computer work. He's a student right now and happens to be on spring break next week so this will get done sooner than I expected. :) We met at a job in a larger company where he was the computer guy so if he can handle a few thousand employee computer issues he certainly can handle my situation.

Oh, very nice!
A box of sweet treats, I am sure, would be appreciated.

allergies/sinuses are killing me tonight. I dusted and vacuumed the entire house this afternoon, cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom, and the cat had a bath yesterday so I thought I would start to feel better but I think it's had the opposite affect of me. I feel like someone stepped on my face and my eyes are so watery I swear my contacts are floating around.

Well that sounds fun :crack:
bite towel vs. face stepping :hmm:
Hope ya are better today :)

Lunch was yummy as was all the dishing, so to speak :shifty:

what was for lunch....aside from a huge side of gossip? :flirt:

We have lunch meetings come in almost daily so I generally get some sort of yummy veggie sandwich or a salad since they always make tons of extra. But the client today for the meeting didn't order anything vegetarian other than some creepy looking coleslaw type thingy. :grumpy:

got Precious in the mail today. Gonna watch soon....I hope I can stay awake. I have a hard time watching movies in my room since all I have is my not so comfy desk chair or my bed. I could watch it in the family room but there are too many remotes :reject: I just know how to turn the tv on and that's it :der:

Broccoli cheese soup, house salad and a breadstick. Quite tasty. Strawberry lemonade slushie to drink.

My instincts seem to be on the right track regarding me. We will see what cuts come in April and then Sept. I am getting the urge to see GS next week but at the same time, not so much. I also want to go to Cleveland for the Bruce exhibit at the RRHOF, but not so much. It is that gosh darn spending $ thing that holds me back. Way too many ?'s

Saving $ for Irish Fest :). Air show is free :up:. Possible concert in Oshkosh :hmm:

THere's a Bruce things at the HOF?!?!?! :ohmy: I went for U2 (twice) and the Clash. Might have to think about Bruce. :hmm: I know of a Bruceaholic or two....I'll have to look into that.

NO GS for me at the end of the month. It's all good though because I don't particularly care for the auditorium they're playing at. Plus as much as I absolutely adore them, it's just not in any way the same atmosphere as a summer fair or festival. I hope friend or her daughter are going to participate in some way for their tug of war team so I can get to Irish fest again this summer. So far it doesn't seem like my friend is able to compete anymore. Her daughter is graduating high school in June so pulling in TOW all summer might not be her priority.

I really wanted to redo my recipe books I bring to work since I have no back up if anything happens to them but I'm not so sure this is a project I really want to tackle. :barf: Typing recipes is not fun! :tsk:

topics:
Legal Woes
New York

Eric Ryan/Getty Images
Us Magazine
Lindsay Lohan is no milkaholic.

And that's likely why the 23-year-old star is suing financial company E-Trade for $100 million for using her name in its latest commercial about a boyfriend-stealing "milkaholic" baby.

Look back at Lindsay's style through the years

In the ad, which debuted during this year's Super Bowl in February, a baby boy apologizes to his girlfriend for not calling her the night before.

"And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over?" the baby girl asks before another baby girl pops into the screen saying, "Milk-a-whaaat?" (Watch the video here.)

See how Lindsay's face has changed since she was a kid

Lohan filed the lawsuit Monday, which claims the ad violated the star's rights under New York state civil-rights law.

"Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E-Trade is using that knowledge to profit," Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, said in a statement to the New York Post. "They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."

See more photos of stars in court

The spokesperson for Grey Group, which produced the "milkaholic" commercial, said that they "just used a popular baby name that happened to be the name of someone on the account team."

In the lawsuit, Lohan is seeking an injunction to force the spot off the air.

um.....am I the only one here that never, ever once thought about this self centered talentless brat when they saw this commercial? Never once does she cross my mind when the name Lindsay is used, ever. I think someone needs a reality check. She had one good movie, when she was 11 and calling it good is stretching it. :der:

Side note to this commercial, anytime it's on and the boy makes some sort of howling noise Lily runs to the TV and stares at it. :) Cute...

um.....am I the only one here that never, ever once thought about this self centered talentless brat when they saw this commercial? Never once does she cross my mind when the name Lindsay is used, ever. I think someone needs a reality check. She had one good movie, when she was 11 and calling it good is stretching it. :der:

Side note to this commercial, anytime it's on and the boy makes some sort of howling noise Lily runs to the TV and stares at it. :) Cute...
Never crossed my mind either :no:
That commercial really grew on me. "milkawhat" :lol:

THere's a Bruce things at the HOF?!?!?! :ohmy: I went for U2 (twice) and the Clash. Might have to think about Bruce. :hmm: I know of a Bruceaholic or two....I'll have to look into that.

NO GS for me at the end of the month. It's all good though because I don't particularly care for the auditorium they're playing at. Plus as much as I absolutely adore them, it's just not in any way the same atmosphere as a summer fair or festival. I hope friend or her daughter are going to participate in some way for their tug of war team so I can get to Irish fest again this summer. So far it doesn't seem like my friend is able to compete anymore. Her daughter is graduating high school in June so pulling in TOW all summer might not be her priority.
From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen
I completely agree that the GS festival performances are more something. They are fun no matter what, but a theater is, to borrow a Bruce-ism kind of, not as loose.

Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly........ on a broomstick. We are flexible.

:up::lol: A friend on FB posted that :heart:

Just finished Precious. It was really good. Lots of swearing and violence. I did not realize the nurse in the movie was Lenny Kravitz :der: I knew he was in it but then I guess I forgot until I read the credits.

From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen
I completely agree that the GS festival performances are more something. They are fun no matter what, but a theater is, to borrow a Bruce-ism kind of, not as loose.

looks cool! I wonder if they did 1 or 2 floors for Bruce. Two for U2, one for the Clash. We went up to the top floor for the Clash, where all of the U2 tour stuff was, and there was a totally different art exhibit going on. I left feeling a little empty from that. They could have done so much more for that band. Maybe there just wasn't enough stuff available.

looks cool! I wonder if they did 1 or 2 floors for Bruce. Two for U2, one for the Clash. We went up to the top floor for the Clash, where all of the U2 tour stuff was, and there was a totally different art exhibit going on. I left feeling a little empty from that. They could have done so much more for that band. Maybe there just wasn't enough stuff available.

From Asbury Park To The Promised Land: Visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Part II?|?jukeboxgraduate.com
Someone I follow on Twitter writes the above blog. Apparently 2 floors.

Just finished Precious. It was really good. Lots of swearing and violence. I did not realize the nurse in the movie was Lenny Kravitz :der: I knew he was in it but then I guess I forgot until I read the credits.
Want to see.

OK I think it is time for bed.
Work tomorrow, off Thursday. I can handle tomorrow.
Thursday is gonna be a running around day. I may need a day off from that :lol:

^yeah, sounds outstanding.

Woke up w/ a migraine and it is slowly fading away.

In other news, Corey Haim apparently dead from a OD. Sadly, not a great surprise. Now I'm gonna have to watch Lost Boys again.

weird day....not one single peep about Corey Haim on the radio while I was hitting snooze for a half hour. I was in the car with the radio on and they were doing a game where you have to answer 3 out of 5 questions right to win a prize. The first question was "what 80's actor died of an OD this morning...." :huh: In the time it took me to shower, get ready, get in my car they announced it. So weird since it was probably not even a half hour and they already had this in a trivia game.

Then.....around 10ish they had breaking news on the radio that every single school in the Minneapolis school district, which is a lot, plus a school in St Paul (I think that's where this particular school is located) was on a code yellow lockdown. No other details were given. It was super creepy the way they announced it and then didn't have anything else to say about it. So we looked online on a local news site and I swear it was word for word the same thing that the radio said. I told a few people at work that I know have kids/grandkids but wasn't sure if they were in a Mpls school district. Of course every was in panic mode trying to find out news but nothing was ever announced again other than school is going on business as usual but no one is allowed outside until school lets out. I just looked on yahoo local news and there's not one single headline. So I went to the local NBC station's website and it didn't say much other than there was a threat on a social network this morning that something could happen at a Mpls school. :crazy:

another thing on the radio today was the E trade commercial. I think someone on the radio must have read what I wrote here last night because they said almost the same thing, at least once an hour, all morning. :der: The amount she is suing for is outrageous! :loser!!!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom