Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
Any randoooooooom plans for St. Pat's day?

just like any other Saturday night.......sitting at the pub drinking lots of Guinness! Only tomorrow, there's bands all night and a $10 cover! :madwife: I'm a regular! I should get in for free. :mad:

Some of my school buddies might drive out to meet us tomorrow night so it should be fun. Hopefully I can find a ride. :D

You?

My plans include attemtping to get into NYC. :slant: So far there has been drama with the weather on the East Coast. I am taking an extended lunch so displaced Interferencers have a place to sleep tonight. I have to say, my boss is awesome for allowing me to take said extended lunch. I think she's glad that I don't have to leave early today as originally planned. When I get back (around 3, I hope), I'll tell her she can leave early. We've been unbelieveably slow the last few days, anyway, and I've run out of things to do to make myself look busy.

For my exciting St. Patrick's Day I will be working 2-9:30 :|
Disney:drool: I was looking at All Ears last night and noticed the U2 cover band was playing. Have fun!

I'm home cooking the traditional corned beef dinner, enjoying a few cans of Guinness and kicking back with some U2 music and Irish travel videos (thinking about my trip there in the fall!!)

^sounds like a good night. Some friends and I were supposed to go to Ireland in the fall but it got pushed off until 2008 ( at least )..........Honestly debating between Ireland or Hawaii the non broken leg tour........

It's barely 40 degrees out and I heard what sounded like the ice cream truck music so I go to look out the window and it really is the ice cream truck! Seriously ice cream truck dude....it's March....it's under 40 out and there still are no leaves on the trees....do you really think children are out playing with change in the pockets hoping for a shot at some ice cream??????

Kariann said:
It's barely 40 degrees out and I heard what sounded like the ice cream truck music so I go to look out the window and it really is the ice cream truck! Seriously ice cream truck dude....it's March....it's under 40 out and there still are no leaves on the trees....do you really think children are out playing with change in the pockets hoping for a shot at some ice cream??????

:huh: What a waste of time! Tell him to come back in 2 months!

ARW's mini journal:

I have a 500 word paper on a bread due tomorrow. I picked Crumpets. It's 546 words right now and I'm not finished! :help: I wonder if too many words is a bad thing. :uhoh:

Someone at the theatre gift shop died suddenly last week. I have absolutely not a clue in hell who this woman was. Never even heard her name before so she must not have been a weekend person. I'm sorry she died but I don't need 50 emails from the theatre staff regarding her funeral information. Some of the emails come from funky email addresses with no subject line or something random like "who's going?" "flower ideas yet?" :der: Other emails have been sent to the staff only but then a select few like to answer the email and copy the volunteers so I'm only getting part of a conversation. :crack: Between those emails and all of the UK lottery emails........:mad:

I have 5 days left of work in the world on equipment finance and then I am done forever. Weird.

The pub was so much fun last night, even with a $10 cover. My friend from school came with too. She said she liked the pub and will go out with us the next time that we go. Two of the servers there said to us "nice to you see you guys tonight in a face full of strangers!" :reject: There was probably a few hundred people there. Really no need for such a high cover charge. Lots of Guinness and Jameson had by all :love: Two Chefs :drool: were walking around with their tall Chef hats on. Amy thought they looked like dorks in their hats :sad: I think the hats are beautiful and I can't wait to earn mine!

I went on another Ghost expedition with CF this weekend and nothing weird really happened. There are a few pictures that could have the orbs in them but there are few that have what looks like orbs but I'm pretty sure are actually dust in them. Those have multiples in them and I recall them being in dusty areas. When there are singles in the shots then apparently it is more likely you caught something. I'm still skeptical though and will find it hard to believe I really got something until I actually have a true experience...if that ever happens.

I did decide that even though it is a kind of creepy place that I would like to go on one of the daytime tours at some point and do some black and white photos in daylight. There are so many textures and cool lines that I think would make some interesting shots.

I called in sick ~ I feel guilty.
I also feel like I got hit by a Mack truck, though.
Mack Truck wins
More Theraflu....................

Dancing with the Stars was that good, huh?

Back to work I go.........I can do it, I can do it, I can do it........
Big floor move today :crack:

:wave:

I have a lovely cough and no time to be sick...my boss is going on a week and a half vacation and I get to run the bank! :uhoh:

Did I mention that it's Spring Break here and the mini fahs are off school.

We went to see 'Night At The Museum' this afternoon. It would have cost us $44 to get in but we had free passes from Honey Nut Cheerios. :up:

As an added bonus the movie was good too :yes:

I had my yearly review for Job 1 yesterday and am very very pleased. :D A year ago I never would have dreamed I would be doing what I'm doing now and it feels really good. I have a busy end of this week and beginning of next but there is fun at the end of it all. I'm looking forward to a well deserved break from the past few months!

Last edited:
Hey schmeg :wave: Thanks for the birthday wishes :) No sickness for you!

:wave: fah, I also really enjoyed that movie :yes:
Spring Breaks around here are really odd this year......some have off this week, others next and yet others the following week.

Congrat kariann!

It is officially Spring ~ Thunderstorm. Now if we can avoid the "S" word, we are good.

Off today and tomorrow for me :up:

I'm home for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out today that I will get a check next week for about 14 hours. It's more than I thought so I'm very happy to get the extra cash. I thought I took way more than 40 hours of vacation but my supervisor was very kind to me and put some of my missed work under the occassional absense (sick) category. That's not counted in the vacation hours being deducted so I come out with some $$$ for the week.

Our bank is a huge sponsor of a charity for kids. We have activities all year long to help support it but Spring is the big season. I'm glad I was able to participate in today's activity! Balloons!!!!!! For $10 you get 3 balloons to pop. In each balloon is a slip of paper with your prize on it. First one popped was for a $10 gift card to Old Chicago. I go there almost every Friday night after school with my little gang so this week my dinner will be free:D Next balloon was for golf balls valued at $45. Final one was a "level one" gift. Level one is anything in the candy, post it note....CRAP bin. They had cute lemon paper so I picked that. On my way out with the golf balls I found someone who said he would buy them for $20 from me! He handed me a $20 and took the box. Works for me since they would probably would have gone to waste since I don't golf and do not know anyone that does play golf. Not a bad haul considering every other year that I've done this, I have ended up with all level one prizes. $10 worth of candy that you can get for less than $1.00 :|

Time to enquire about a job and then it's nap time :love:

Kariann said:
I had my yearly review for Job 1 yesterday and am very very pleased. :D A year ago I never would have dreamed I would be doing what I'm doing now and it feels really good. I have a busy end of this week and beginning of next but there is fun at the end of it all. I'm looking forward to a well deserved break from the past few months!

:applaud: Congrats! Did you get another AT? Those were so unattainable in my old world...and then I got points taken off for not taking my manager out for more Starbucks! :lol:

Today is my Dad's 82nd birthday :)

We went out for dinner at a fabulous restaurant ~ The Arms Reach Bistro :up:

I had the Potato Crusted Salmon on a Shrimp Risotto :drool: and the Blueberry Caramel Bread Pudding for dessert :drool:

Happy birthday to your dad, fah!

Just caught the end of ER. The one when Carol leaves to be with Doug :heart: The best ending of an episode ER ever had.

The next episode has a police officer played by Randolph Mantooth. He was in a show I was addicted to as a munchkin ~ EMERGENCY! I used to have such a crush on him :reject:

I have to go be productive now :wave:

Back
Top Bottom