Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #91
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 PM
The Police will be in St Paul during my summer break in July!!!!!!!!! I was going to get tickets and skip school to see them if they were going to come on a night I had school The only bad part is I was probably going to go away that week. They'll be here on Tuesday. I suppose I couldl leave on Wed and just take a long weekend.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #92
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I called in sick today I really have no desire to drive in the snow right now. It's going to be really nasty out tonight. I'm not sure if school will even be open. I'm debating on skipping for the first time ever. I really don't want to but our Chef said not to risk anything by coming out if the weather is bad. We have a test tonight but we can make it up for full credit this time since it would be weather related. I really wanted to make the President's list for 100% attendance but if there's a blizzard I think I should stay home. Even the people that live in student housing a few miles away don't want to come in tonight in the snow and they only have a few miles to drive!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

^enjoy your snow day

We have slop. Heavy slop. The roof of a grocery store just fell in.
Can't wait to go outside
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
The Police will be in St Paul during my summer break in July!!!!!!!!! I was going to get tickets and skip school to see them if they were going to come on a night I had school The only bad part is I was probably going to go away that week. They'll be here on Tuesday. I suppose I couldl leave on Wed and just take a long weekend.
The Police are coming to Tampa on a Wednesday the same week my sister and I are going to the beach. At least I'm already off. It's about a 3 hour drive time, so we'll probably just come back for the concert and spend the night at home, then drive back to the beach in the morning.

I think Sting should reimburse us for gas money though

As my sister said, "It's The Police. We're going."
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #95
arw
Blue Crack Addict

School is cancelled!!!!!!!!!!! Closing at noon today My Chef said last night that she talked to our previous Chef, who has been with the shcool forever. He said they have only closed once in the entire time he's been there so she fully expected class to be on for tonight.

Even my mom's place closed so she's home too.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #96
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

As my sister said, "It's The Police. We're going."

That's EXACTLY what I've said all along! You don't just not go see The Police! My brother went to see them in 1983 or something like that. I remember being really upset that I couldn't go too. I was going to go see them even if I had to fly to another state to see them on a Saturday night. This is so perfect. Now I just need to be able to get tickets!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #97
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:10 PM
I am still excited about getting Police tickets

I chose not to get tickets for the 2nd show as I got tickets to see Roger Waters

I need some overtime
Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #98
arw
Blue Crack Addict

The Barefoot Contessa is making a Baba Rum cake! I LOVE seeing things on Food Network that I've made in class! A few weeks ago, Emeril said he didn't "mise en place" very good before the show because he couldn't find a spoon he needed. I about fell over when he said that. It's a huge term at school that every Chef says about 10 times a night. It means everything in it's place. You're supposed to get everything ready that you'll need for a recipe before you start, including your utensils. Then you're supposed to clean up as you go. I love Food Network
Old 03-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #99
arw
Blue Crack Addict

All 3 of the main networks have a scroll on the bottom of the screen about what schools are closed. Now along with schools and religous establishments announcing closing, fitness centers and shopping malls are listing their closings too.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #100
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I just talked to my coworker that left yesterday (see journal for boring details). She has been on the phone non stop with all of us today, including our evil manager. Anyways, someone at the office said a lot of people didn't make it in today or just left early in the morning. An official snow emergency email went out at 1:00 saying we are closing and more than likely will not be open tomorrow!

Highways are closing in southern MN close to Iowa and the National Guard is being called out to help with snow removal. The City of Minneapolis has declared a snow emergency as did the tiny little city my school is located in. I'm just hysterically happy right now over all of this I'm so exhausted and really had no energy to study for my test that was to be tonight. A four day weekend with nothing to do other than study for a test!!!!!!!!!!! I've already read the chapters so it's just going to be review plus it's all an easy read.

now St Paul has declared a snow emergency too.

My poor brother is in denial that it's really this bad out. He works downtown Mpls in a tall building so his perspective of the streets is all messed up. He called an hour ago and said he's not leaving work until his regular time. I predicated he won't get home until 7:00. I should have bet him money.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #101
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Sven is on!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #102
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
Sven is on!!!!!!!!!!
Bad weather = Even more Sven that usual?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #103
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

Bad weather = Even more Sven that usual?

He's the weekend weather boy and not ususally on during the week.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #104
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Ok the college that my school used to run out of, and still has a few kitchens located in, is closed tomorrow. They are right down the street from my school. My school is not listed on the news scroll bar, the news website, or their own website as being closed tomorrow but everything else on the planet appears to be closed.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #105
arw
Blue Crack Addict

yes...me again....no school tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell am I supposed to know what to do about work? I suppose I could call the front desk tomorrow and see if anyone answers the phone. There's not a chance in hell that I'm going in to that rotten place with all of this snow anyways.