Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:
This is how out of it I've been in the last few months......I opened up iTunes for the first time in a long time to find out that I have iTunes money in my account!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I have been longing for the Police with all of the hype over the tour. My sister owns all of their stuff and probably everything by Sting but she's in Arizona now :happy:

I downloaded some stuff off of Ghost in The Machine from iTunes. I think I like that album the best.

Bono's speech was great (and I'm not just saying that because I like Bono. It really was great this time :lol: ).

On a shallow note, he looked really good too :reject:.

shari schultz said:
I missed Bono.........I worked :scream:

go to Pleba! Find the thread "Bono gets around" or something like that. There's a you tube link. The end of his speech is really amazing. You'll want to stand up and clap with everyone in the audience.

Ooookay, so, my parents were supposed to get in around 9:45, but they were flying through Pittsburgh. Many of you may know that I have never left Pittsburgh on time, and once I left Pittsburgh in a taxi and not on a plane. Today, they had some sort of "weather advisory," AND their crew was flying through Chicago which was a mess today for some reason I can't remember. AND once they all got on the plane there was a software issue (my parents always find the software issues). Anyway, long story short, the US Air page says their plane took off 10 minutes ago...and is expected at the gate at 3:10.

:crazy:

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
:ohmy: i'm sorry! that must have been horrible! craaaaazy i tell ya! :crazy:

i'd just wait till the next day. i'd be too tired to get off the plane if i were them!! :wink:

The airline tried to give them a hotel room around 8:30 and they said they'd go for the flight...which really isn't a bad idea, considering a billion people will be trying to get on the morning flights if there was a weather advisory.

This is payback for all the airport runs they used to do at all hours of the night for me. :D One time I was supposed to arrive at 9 pm Easter, flying from Minneapolis through Chicago and on to Providence. My flight from Chicago ended up leaving at like 10:30 Central time, and I got in after 1 am Eastern. My dad was not thrilled, but he was there to pick me up!

Flying in the winter is always an adventure.

OMG they think daylight savings time is like the end of the world out here. :crazy: They did it for the first time last year instead of swinging between Eastern and Central time, and all they did was complain about the sun being out too late (10 pm midsummer :drool::combust::faint::hyper: ). Now they're complaining that it's moved to next weekend and banks, computers, cell phones, and all your clocks and watches are just going to EXPLODE.

"This isn't working. Just go back to the way it was."
~Angry high-profile Hoosier on the news

Last edited:
Great, now I'm hungry. And talking to myself. :grumpy: Roomie bought Leggo Eggos, though...I think I'll try some.

Schmeg said:
..... AND their crew was flying through Chicago which was a mess today for some reason I can't remember.

:crazy:
I believe the mess was caused by the evil snow and blowing snow and WIND. :down:
The roads were really bad here in the late afternoon into the 8 o'clock hour. More snow and wind today :yuck:

Have fun with the parents!

I got my Police tickets this morning. :dance: Surprisingly it was fairly easy. Looking forward to this one. My first ever concert was the Synchronicity tour in 1983. :)

arw9797 said:

go to Pleba! Find the thread "Bono gets around" or something like that. There's a you tube link. The end of his speech is really amazing. You'll want to stand up and clap with everyone in the audience.

That's the cool thing about youtube....you can virtually find anything you've missed. I'm going to check it out in a little bit since I was at work and forgot to set the DVR.

Schmeg said:
OMG they think daylight savings time is like the end of the world out here. :crazy: They did it for the first time last year instead of swinging between Eastern and Central time, and all they did was complain about the sun being out too late (10 pm midsummer :drool::combust::faint::hyper: ). Now they're complaining that it's moved to next weekend and banks, computers, cell phones, and all your clocks and watches are just going to EXPLODE.

"This isn't working. Just go back to the way it was."
~Angry high-profile Hoosier on the news

Good Lord....everywhere else in the country has doen DST for years upon years and nothing has exploded. :rolleyes: :laugh:

My sister and I went to Disney MGM today for ESPN weekend. We saw (but did not meet) Steve Smith, Fred Taylor, Ben Rothlesburger, Hines Ward, plus a couple of other guys that we didn't recognize. Oh, and Michelle Kwan.

If you ever go into a Sports Trivia contest, do not pick Fred Taylor. Seems like a nice enough guy, but sucks at sports trivia :wink:. He and random audience member got a -55 in the live Stump the Schwab show. Steve Smith's team won, but I think the guy he was playing with was better :).

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

My friend got ours. :hi5:

Where are you sitting? We're going to be in 203. :hyper:

:lol: April, I just responded to you about the same thing in the Police thread in Bang and Clatter.

I'm 6th row upper deck right beside the stage on Andy Summers side.

Kariann said:

Good Lord....everywhere else in the country has doen DST for years upon years and nothing has exploded. :rolleyes: :laugh:

the whole rest of the country has handled it just fine for centuries, but in Indiana it is The End of the World. There are northwestern and southwestern counties that have just refused to do it and swing between Eastern and Central time while the rest of the state grumbles and complains and builds daylight savings time shelters. :huh:

kellyahern said:
My sister and I went to Disney MGM today for ESPN weekend. We saw (but did not meet) Steve Smith, Fred Taylor, Ben Rothlesburger, Hines Ward, plus a couple of other guys that we didn't recognize. Oh, and Michelle Kwan.

Cool!!

When Nationals was held in Providence in 1995, my friends and I stalked Michelle Kwan for a whole week. :shifty: We finally found her after the ladies' championships and she was just the nicest thing, so sweet and surprised we wanted her autograph after winning her second national silver medal. :love:

I want to see the Police. And Arcade Fire. And The Who. Unfortunately the concert gods are against me this month. :sad:

Schmeg said:

Cool!!

When Nationals was held in Providence in 1995, my friends and I stalked Michelle Kwan for a whole week. :shifty: We finally found her after the ladies' championships and she was just the nicest thing, so sweet and surprised we wanted her autograph after winning her second national silver medal. :love:

:cool:

We also almost saw Adam Vinateri (he was going to be a "celebrity judge" at the at the "Dream Job" show), but there was no more seating left by the time we got over there.

kellyahern said:

:cool:

We also almost saw Adam Vinateri (he was going to be a "celebrity judge" at the at the "Dream Job" show), but there was no more seating left by the time we got over there.

That's too bad, he's a nice thing to see; pretty easy on the eyes. :sexywink:

OS appointment was today.
He released me! :up: 18 months to 24 months for total recovery ~ I will have 12 of those months down on April 9. More details in journal.
I was a lunatic until the appointment today. I am still a bit of a lunatic knowing that there is another year of this..........but I don't have to go back to OS unless the pain increases. :D Inside I am dancing like Calvin in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom