Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:

Wow that was fast :shocked:

The perfect snack size eh :D
:yes:

I walked past the vending machine in the lounge at work and Kit Kats were in it. I scoffed at them and dove into one that you sent :drool:

^ I went to the show but....

He never spoke to the crowd :(

And while I appreciate great solos (guitars, drums, keyboards) if some of the solos had been shorter we probably would have heard more songs :(

:crack: this no working thing is going to be such a huge adjustment. I'm at the theatre now. Normally on Sundays I rush home to do all of my laundry and homework. Not only do I not have to worry about getting all of my laundry done, but I can take my time doing the project that is due on Wed. :crazy:

I'm going to go home and bake a ton of scones!!!!!!!!! :love:

There's a huge storm coming! I can't wait for it to start pouring. Then everything will turn green :drool:

Kariann said:

:shifty:

It's been really nice here this weekend so all of the trees are budding. I'm thinking we could have some green by next weekend. :hyper:

It's supposed to rain next weekend :( Also, it's going to be really warm the following week. I feel a shopping trip in order this week for clothes! :scream: All I have to wear is hoodies, hoodies, and more hoodies!

arw9797 said:

It's supposed to rain next weekend :( Also, it's going to be really warm the following week. I feel a shopping trip in order this week for clothes! :scream: All I have to wear is hoodies, hoodies, and more hoodies!

I guess I would rather it rain on the weekend vs. the week after. It could end up changing by then so who knows.

:mad: :uhoh: Slight issue........yes, I know I should have taken care of this tiny little matter before I quit my job, but I did not. There's only so many things I could think about in a day over the last 11 weeks and this was just not one of them (that was really to my mother :happy: )

The health insurance I was going to sign up for through school is apparently not an option for me. The brochure says NOTHING, not one single word, about pre-existing conditions. I looked it over 20 times in the last few weeks so I thought it would be ok. I just went to their website. Big, bold letters: NO PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS will be covered. :| I guess breathing really isn't all that important.

I'm covered through Saturday. I have an appointment at my allergist on Wed. He could probably hook me up with a few months worth of meds but that's it. I feel like I exceeded my freebies a few years ago when I was laid off and my dr gave me free drugs for almost a year.

I went onto a health care provider website and it gives no info on student rates. It also gives no info at all unless you give them your name, address, and phone number....so they can call me non stop tomorrow until I answer the phone. I'd rather read up on something before I give out my private info.

Crap :mad:

Did I mention that I told my mother about this? Oh yeah........

She's going to do the following:

1. come down here soon to discuss (yell at me) about why I'm just finding this out. Also, remind me that I need insurance for my asthma meds, like I don't already know that.

2. Call me bright and early tomorrow, well before 9:00 am, to remind me that I must spend the day finding insurance asap....she'll also remind me for the millionth time that I need to clean my room, bathroom, and the part of the hallway that I've taken over, before I leave on Saturday.

I'm sure there's more. She's not going to let this one go until I show her proof of insurance. :mad: In between yelling at me about the insurance and my mess that I haven't gotten to because I haven't been home for more than 5 minutes since the beginning of Jan, she'll throw in that I need to get my license renewed and new tabs since mine expired in Jan. I love that the DMV sends a postcard for all to read that things have, or will soon, expire.

I love being 16 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

:yikes: I suddenly have a massive headache.

kellyahern said:
What about www.ehealthinsurance.com ?

I did a quick look and when you click "individual and family" health insurance, you can get quotes (full time college student). You only need to enter your zip code, age and gender.

Thank you!

I just checked it out. One of the 3 carriers in my area is the one that gives no info on their online site. I'll call tomorrow. There's 2 other ones on this website that I didn't even think about looking into.

arw9797 said:

Thank you!

I just checked it out. One of the 3 carriers in my area is the one that gives no info on their online site. I'll call tomorrow. There's 2 other ones on this website that I didn't even think about looking into.

:hug:

I don't know what their policies are on pre-existing conditions, but at least it's a start :shrug:. I did a search on msn for "student health insurance" and that site popped up. There might be more if that one doesn't pan out.

:|

I went up to the kitchen. I'm starving. I haven't eaten anything today other than organic honey mustard pretzels :love: and strawberries. As I was waiting for my toast to be done, my mother came into the room.

1. She asked me if I found out anything else about the insurance. :crack: It's Sunday night! I can't call anywhere until tomorrow.

2. She reminded me that I need to "deep clean" the downstairs. :crazy: Tomorrow is Monday. I have all week! My project for school and my written exam are both on Wed. I have all of Thursday and Friday to clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done. I think there's a challenge on Food Network. Looks like a pastry competition :kiss:

Just saw a commercial for Humana and they were advertising having to buy insurance for yourself or a family..............
It is gorgeous here! I will begin my walking journey around noon.......:love: nervous excitement :hyper:
Later :wave:

I have a cavity. I was too upset about it to make an appointment THIS WEEK while I was at the dentist. I said I'll have to check my calendar at home and call back. I can almost guarantee that my dentist will be booked anyways. He always is. Most popular guy there. The last time I had a filling done by someone other than him, he had to redo it. :| Never again :tsk: He told me that I should do it now since it will be $22 with insurance vs $110 without it and since I have no clue when I'll have dental insurance again, it needs to be done :sad:

I called the benefits # to the bank. Voice mail :love: I left a detailed message on why I was calling. Of course I haven't heard back.

I looked on the website of my current health care provider. There's no number to call them. I had to fill out an email form and they'll respond in 24-48 hours.

I also tried to call one of the health care providers I used a few years ago when I was out of work. No phone listed either. I had to fill out the damn form for them to call me.

This is so annoying. I know it's going to be ridiculously expensive an no one is going to cover my pre-existing condition. It was expensive the last time and they wouldn't cover my drugs. If they covered my drugs I wouldn't have to go to the dr all the time :happy:

:happy: benefits called back......COBRA is $415 a month!!!!!!!!!!!! :der: Seriously...who the hell would pay that? My drugs wouldn't even be that much a month. :der: Whatever.

arw9797 said:
:happy: benefits called back......COBRA is $415 a month!!!!!!!!!!!! :der: Seriously...who the hell would pay that? My drugs wouldn't even be that much a month. :der: Whatever.

Unfortunately most COBRA plans are designed for a major event and not normal maitenance care. They are ridiculous in price because you are not getting any contribution from an employer.

I'm sort of surprised your school doesnt offer something (even something minor) though. You might want to call them and confirm they dont if you havent already.

Blue Room said:

Unfortunately most COBRA plans are designed for a major event and not normal maitenance care. They are ridiculous in price because you are not getting any contribution from an employer.

I'm sort of surprised your school doesnt offer something (even something minor) though. You might want to call them and confirm they dont if you havent already.

The last time I had to find out about COBRA, it was not nearly this expensive. It was double of what I was paying, so the COBRA was $200. The $400 thing is riduculous. For that, I could get the cheap insurance through school and pay for my drugs each month.

I got the info from school on insurance months ago. They offer 3 different health care providers at a really cheap rate, but none of them cover pre-existing conditions.

I think what I'm going to do is just sign up for something just to have in the event of an emergency. I have an appointment this week with my allergist. He'll hook me up with drugs for a few months. After that I'll have to figure out how to get at least the main inhaler that I use twice a day. I can't miss a dose or I feel like crap.

I have to write a journal for the first 3 weeks of class. For the past 2 weeks, I decided to write as it was happening. It's going to be a looooooooong 2 days trying to figure out what the hell we did each night. :crack: Thankfully I dated my recipe book each day.

I got a IM from a friend that read:
OK, so if you're about 125 miles away from the epicenter of a magnitude 6.7 quake, is that far enough not to be in serious danger?
:huh:
Then she signed off and I haven't heard anything from her. I am wondering what brother of hers is in Japan

shari schultz said:
I got a IM from a friend that read:
OK, so if you're about 125 miles away from the epicenter of a magnitude 6.7 quake, is that far enough not to be in serious danger?
:huh:
Then she signed off and I haven't heard anything from her. I am wondering what brother of hers is in Japan

:yikes:

kellyahern said:

Remember to use different color ink pens, so it looks like you wrote them on different days :up:.

Everything, including all notes, have to be typed. :crack: Typed, dated, day (day 1, day 2, etc) pictures of everything we did each day......all in plastic sleeves in a 3 inch 3 ring binder in either white or blue since our school colors are white and blue. :crazy:

I'm going to be up all night :sad:

Back
Top Bottom