Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #136
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

go to Pleba! Find the thread "Bono gets around" or something like that. There's a you tube link. The end of his speech is really amazing. You'll want to stand up and clap with everyone in the audience.
That's the cool thing about youtube....you can virtually find anything you've missed. I'm going to check it out in a little bit since I was at work and forgot to set the DVR.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
OMG they think daylight savings time is like the end of the world out here. They did it for the first time last year instead of swinging between Eastern and Central time, and all they did was complain about the sun being out too late (10 pm midsummer ). Now they're complaining that it's moved to next weekend and banks, computers, cell phones, and all your clocks and watches are just going to EXPLODE.

"This isn't working. Just go back to the way it was."
~Angry high-profile Hoosier on the news
Good Lord....everywhere else in the country has doen DST for years upon years and nothing has exploded.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life

I start back at Job 2 tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it and kind of nervous at the same time that I may have lost some of my knowledge in the past month!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 11:52 AM
My sister and I went to Disney MGM today for ESPN weekend. We saw (but did not meet) Steve Smith, Fred Taylor, Ben Rothlesburger, Hines Ward, plus a couple of other guys that we didn't recognize. Oh, and Michelle Kwan.

If you ever go into a Sports Trivia contest, do not pick Fred Taylor. Seems like a nice enough guy, but sucks at sports trivia . He and random audience member got a -55 in the live Stump the Schwab show. Steve Smith's team won, but I think the guy he was playing with was better .
Old 03-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #140
arw
Blue Crack Addict

holy crap this Oprah special about girls in Africa is just too much. I've been in tears the whole show!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #141
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
holy crap this Oprah special about girls in Africa is just too much. I've been in tears the whole show!
Me too.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #142
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I decided to get up for something to drink and now I have no motivation to go back to studying. I was in such a groove too.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
I got my Police tickets this morning. Surprisingly it was fairly easy. Looking forward to this one. My first ever concert was the Synchronicity tour in 1983.

My friend got ours.

Where are you sitting? We're going to be in 203.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

My friend got ours.

Where are you sitting? We're going to be in 203.
April, I just responded to you about the same thing in the Police thread in Bang and Clatter.

I'm 6th row upper deck right beside the stage on Andy Summers side.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

Good Lord....everywhere else in the country has doen DST for years upon years and nothing has exploded.
the whole rest of the country has handled it just fine for centuries, but in Indiana it is The End of the World. There are northwestern and southwestern counties that have just refused to do it and swing between Eastern and Central time while the rest of the state grumbles and complains and builds daylight savings time shelters.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
My sister and I went to Disney MGM today for ESPN weekend. We saw (but did not meet) Steve Smith, Fred Taylor, Ben Rothlesburger, Hines Ward, plus a couple of other guys that we didn't recognize. Oh, and Michelle Kwan.
Cool!!

When Nationals was held in Providence in 1995, my friends and I stalked Michelle Kwan for a whole week. We finally found her after the ladies' championships and she was just the nicest thing, so sweet and surprised we wanted her autograph after winning her second national silver medal.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

I want to see the Police. And Arcade Fire. And The Who. Unfortunately the concert gods are against me this month.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Cool!!

When Nationals was held in Providence in 1995, my friends and I stalked Michelle Kwan for a whole week. We finally found her after the ladies' championships and she was just the nicest thing, so sweet and surprised we wanted her autograph after winning her second national silver medal.

We also almost saw Adam Vinateri (he was going to be a "celebrity judge" at the at the "Dream Job" show), but there was no more seating left by the time we got over there.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

We also almost saw Adam Vinateri (he was going to be a "celebrity judge" at the at the "Dream Job" show), but there was no more seating left by the time we got over there.
That's too bad, he's a nice thing to see; pretty easy on the eyes.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

OS appointment was today.
He released me! 18 months to 24 months for total recovery ~ I will have 12 of those months down on April 9. More details in journal.
I was a lunatic until the appointment today. I am still a bit of a lunatic knowing that there is another year of this..........but I don't have to go back to OS unless the pain increases. Inside I am dancing like Calvin in my signature.