Randooooooooooooom Rocks!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm home. I sat in the office for 20 minutes and cried my eyeballs out. I'm not allowed back until Tuesday or Wednesday.

arw9797 said:
:hug: :sad:

Schmeg read your email :hug: :hug: :hug:
:) Thank you. :hug: No worries.

If anyone sees my mom tell her to call me, dammit!! :mad: I can't take sitting here alone!!! This is why I tried to go to work!

Today is the day I will finally burn down Hotmail. :angry: Can't you see I'm trying to have an e-mail conversation with my friend, Hotmail?! Why do you make me do the evil Ticketmaster word thing before you send her my reply?!?!

You have some sensitive eyelids!

I am going to sit on my ass in front of the tv now.

Schmeg said:
You have some sensitive eyelids!

I am going to sit on my ass in front of the tv now.

I'm wondering if it wasnt from the dust that blew from the fans last night. :shrug:

I've been watching haunted crap on tv instead of cleaning as I should be doing...at least my brother and crew wont be here tonight so I still have time.

:drunk:

My family really is dysfunctional.

Death in the family? Chinese food, beer, and funny stories of the deceased cheers you right up!

"Remember the time she took me to her friend's house and the son squirted me with the hose and I cried?"

Good times!

Kariann said:
We were kind of like that with my aunt minus the chinease food and beer. It seemed kind of odd to me but then when my cousin told me that my aunt wanted her passing to be a celebration of her life not a mourning of her being gone.
It's a family tradition, on both sides...my dad semi-affectionately refers to the period between the death and the funeral as an Irish wake. We've had some rolicking ones...

My mom was just doing funeral things all day and has since apiologized a million times for ruining my day at 8:30 am and then not having her phone on.

The storming is finally over and I still do not have everything cleaned up but in the meantime my mom has messed up 2 batches of cookies and has decided to make a pie instead and I ribbed a piece of skin from my finger putting stuff away under the sink and have bled profusely.

Schmeg said:

It's a family tradition, on both sides...my dad semi-affectionately refers to the period between the death and the funeral as an Irish wake. We've had some rolicking ones...

My mom was just doing funeral things all day and has since apiologized a million times for ruining my day at 8:30 am and then not having her phone on.

Ours hasnt been so much in between but more the time after the funeral. It felt more like a family get together and party following my aunt's.

That would have been hard without being able to reach her to talk or offer help and all that.

I just wanted to go up there and do something!! I hate feeling useless.

Kariann said:
The storming is finally over and I still do not have everything cleaned up but in the meantime my mom has messed up 2 batches of cookies and has decided to make a pie instead and I ribbed a piece of skin from my finger putting stuff away under the sink and have bled profusely.
:yikes: Ouch!!!

Is the family thing tomorrow? I thought it was tonigth for some reason. But it was maybe tonight and all tomorrow, right?

Schmeg said:

:yikes: Ouch!!!

Is the family thing tomorrow? I thought it was tonigth for some reason. But it was maybe tonight and all tomorrow, right?

I thought they were coming in tonight but they will be here tomorrow....evening only...apparently Michael wants to have a cookout tomorrow afternoon before they come up here even though they are spending the night with them tonight. See where we rank on the scale? Can I say duty visit? :rant:

Yes and I have a band-aid angled in a very weird way on my hand.

Kariann said:

I thought they were coming in tonight but they will be here tomorrow....evening only...apparently Michael wants to have a cookout tomorrow afternoon before they come up here even though they are spending the night with them tonight. See where we rank on the scale? Can I say duty visit? :rant:

Yes and I have a band-aid angled in a very weird way on my hand.
My dad has a good saying about making friends because you wouldn't pick your family but I can't remember the exact wording right now. I was trying to think of it the other night, too.

Bandaids were not made for fingers. :tsk: Is it still bleeding?

Kariann said:
You sig reminds me of Pina Colada in A Pint Glass although there is still Guinness in it but and it's purple and green umbrella on top and not a pink one.

Patrick was very adorable last night...he shook his tushy for us at one point. :D
:lol: it reminds me of Pina Colada in a Pint Glass too! That's why I did it. It was an image in an e-mail from [The] Ri-Ra...the picture was a whole pint but for some reason only the top saved and I was going to crop it anyway, that made it easier! All I had to do was resize it a little and voila...Pina Guinness in a Pint Glass!

:cute: I would have LOVED to see Patrick shake his tushy!!!

I've been using the word "tushy" a LOT since March 30, by the way...:shifty: I use it in real life occasionally now...my freshman year roomie and I had rules that you could only use "ass" but "tushy" has definitely entered my daily vocabulary. :up:

Schmeg said:

My dad has a good saying about making friends because you wouldn't pick your family but I can't remember the exact wording right now. I was trying to think of it the other night, too.

Bandaids were not made for fingers. :tsk: Is it still bleeding?

I've heard a quote like that before and in some ways I think it's true. I remember when my mom and I were constantly at each others throats there was an argument where she had told me that I might think my friends were the most important thing but you family will always be there regardless. I think that is true in some ways but not really. I mean I've lost friends I've had then but I think you can find some friends that become like family to you. I guess I dont really buy into what she said so much because I know that when my parents are gone my brother and his family will pretty much put me on the backburner and I will become the oh we HAVE to send her a Christmas card relative. Hell I dont even get a phone call on my birthday now.

Sorry about the :rant:

I think it's stopped but I'm going to keep the bandaid on for awhile since some of the skin is still hanging loose.

Schmeg said:

:lol: it reminds me of Pina Colada in a Pint Glass too! That's why I did it. It was an image in an e-mail from [The] Ri-Ra...the picture was a whole pint but for some reason only the top saved and I was going to crop it anyway, that made it easier! All I had to do was resize it a little and voila...Pina Guinness in a Pint Glass!

:cute: I would have LOVED to see Patrick shake his tushy!!!

I've been using the word "tushy" a LOT since March 30, by the way...:shifty: I use it in real life occasionally now...my freshman year roomie and I had rules that you could only use "ass" but "tushy" has definitely entered my daily vocabulary. :up:

I thought of you when they sang that last night!

You should have seen him step dance too!

I've been using it alot myself since then. :shifty: We can thank Stacey and Clinton for putting into our vocabulary. Tushy sounds more :angel: than ass.

Kariann said:

I've heard a quote like that before and in some ways I think it's true. I remember when my mom and I were constantly at each others throats there was an argument where she had told me that I might think my friends were the most important thing but you family will always be there regardless. I think that is true in some ways but not really. I mean I've lost friends I've had then but I think you can find some friends that become like family to you. I guess I dont really buy into what she said so much because I know that when my parents are gone my brother and his family will pretty much put me on the backburner and I will become the oh we HAVE to send her a Christmas card relative. Hell I dont even get a phone call on my birthday now.

Sorry about the :rant:

I think it's stopped but I'm going to keep the bandaid on for awhile since some of the skin is still hanging loose.
Well you don't have to worry about that from me; we'll be pulling the covers up to our chins and talking about tushies for the next few decades, as far as I can tell! :D :hug:

:yuck: Okay, loose, flappy skin is worse than an awkward bandaid.

Kariann said:

I thought of you when they sang that last night!

You should have seen him step dance too!

I've been using it alot myself since then. :shifty: We can thank Stacey and Clinton for putting into our vocabulary. Tushy sounds more :angel: than ass.
They better come back here for Labor Day Weekend! I'm sure there are a few more people I could drag there now!

Tushy is just cute!

Schmeg said:

Well you don't have to worry about that from me; we'll be pulling the covers up to our chins and talking about tushies for the next few decades, as far as I can tell! :D :hug:

:yuck: Okay, loose, flappy skin is worse than an awkward bandaid.

I hope so! We'd better! :D We'll be little old ladies that after a day sitting on the porch knitting (badly in my case) who will retire and pull the covers up and talk about those good old days and those that we had admired the tushies of. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom