Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
New thread time.

I hope shari has a computer soon. I miss her postings :hug:

I got a phone call at 5:30 a.m. this morning from one of my staff. His wife had passed away unexpectedly that night :sad:. I didn't talk to him very long, he was very upset (obviously).

I feel so bad for him. I've worked with him for 10 years and he is the nicest guy. This is just awful.

I wish I had a more positive post to start the thread with :reject:

New thread time.

I got a phone call at 5:30 a.m. this morning from one of my staff. His wife had passed away unexpectedly that night :sad:. I didn't talk to him very long, he was very upset (obviously).

I feel so bad for him. I've worked with him for 10 years and he is the nicest guy. This is just awful.

I wish I had a more positive post to start the thread with :reject:

Awww :(. Sorry to hear that kelly :hug:

I popped into the previous randoooom and saw that arw's dad was having some surgery........hope that goes well :hug:

I am sitting at the library using one of their computers again and watching it POUR! Flashbacks to last year :crack:
As for the new computer I just ordered one........from Dell. A studio 15 laptop with a 320 GB hard drive..........it is midnight blue and I could downgrade it to Windows XP Pro from Vista.......it still has Vista business on it, though. 4GB RAM. I am excited :hyper:.
According to the site it will ship out May 18. I am about to enter the world of wireless.
I also earned a $100 gift card by purchasing that system from Dell so it is like I only spent $900 on the laptop. The employee purchase program also gave me a 7% discount :up:
35 minutes left on my library session.......

Congrats on getting your laptop. I got mine last fall, it's a Dell, and I no longer have to use my desktop which is slowly dying.

I am sitting at the library using one of their computers again and watching it POUR! Flashbacks to last year :crack:
As for the new computer I just ordered one........from Dell. A studio 15 laptop with a 320 GB hard drive..........it is midnight blue and I could downgrade it to Windows XP Pro from Vista.......it still has Vista business on it, though. 4GB RAM. I am excited :hyper:.
According to the site it will ship out May 18. I am about to enter the world of wireless.
I also earned a $100 gift card by purchasing that system from Dell so it is like I only spent $900 on the laptop. The employee purchase program also gave me a 7% discount :up:
35 minutes left on my library session.......

I just got a Dell for Christmas. It's candy-apple red and very cute and when I first opened it I had no idea what it was. :)

I just learned the Genius feature on iTunes is dangerous.

:crack: this is the first time I've been able to get in front of a computer since Friday night. My sister's computer died on Sat and was mailed off yesterday to get fixed. We're at her friends house right now using her computer. I can do some stuff on my phone but no blue crack :scream: :crack:

Congrats on getting your laptop. I got mine last fall, it's a Dell, and I no longer have to use my desktop which is slowly dying.

I just got a Dell for Christmas. It's candy-apple red and very cute and when I first opened it I had no idea what it was. :)

I just learned the Genius feature on iTunes is dangerous.

So schmeg are you in the old or new location?

Am typing this at the mall on my break.
In fact I have to go back now, I just typed a pretty long winded e-mail to a co-worker about work crap and used all my time there.
Toodles all :wave:

^Where are you moving to? I know roomie got a job transfer. :)

We're moving to Atlanta sometime between August and whenever the condo sells. Two of our friends just married each other and had two houses on the market for over, a year, until one sold a few weeks ago, so I could still be here awhile and there's no real reason to burst into tears every time I walk by the For Sale sign.

Dude got his dream job. Who narrowly escapes being merged out in a company merger to get his dream job?? He should play the lottery.

We're moving to Atlanta sometime between August and whenever the condo sells. Two of our friends just married each other and had two houses on the market for over, a year, until one sold a few weeks ago, so I could still be here awhile and there's no real reason to burst into tears every time I walk by the For Sale sign.

Dude got his dream job. Who narrowly escapes being merged out in a company merger to get his dream job?? He should play the lottery.
Awwwwwww, fantastic that it is his dream job! Yes he should play the lottery :yes:
bursting into tears is something I would do. Sentimental.

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats! :D Good luck with getting the condo sold!

:hyper: computer is back!!!!!!! :love: What a rough week. :angry: The wireless stopped working about 2 months ago so we've had to plug it into the office. The desk in there is a high desk so we have to use a stool :crack: It's so nice to be on the couch again :D

My phone broke a few weeks ago so I had to go back to my old piece of junk. Well last weekend while I was in misery with not being able to check even my email, which I could do on the broken phone, my sister realized she had a phone that was better than the piece of junk phone but still not to where I was with my broken phone. Email was free with my broken phone but with my sister's phone I had to sign up and pay $20 for a month for limited internet and email use. :angry: I had to or I would have gone crazy. I need access to email so the money was well spent even though annoying that I had to pay for something that used to be free. But then on Monday my sister's friend said we could use her computer in the day so we went every morning this week to do what we needed to do so I really didn't need to spend the $ but oh well. The phone she gave me is waaaaay better than that piece of junk phone but the downside is the alarm clock does not have volume control so I've slept through my alarm all week :happy:

anyways it's nice to be back online! April was a bitch of a month. I only had 3 days off the entire month. If it wouldn't have been for my birthday, I would have only had 2 days off. I worked almost the equivalent of 2 months in 1 month. :crack: The paychecks are nice but I'm super tired.

My sister's bday gift to me is a ride to Joshua Tree. We were going to go yesterday but I was way to tired so we wandered around Phoenix a bit, went to lunch and then rented a movie. Sunday is Joshua Tree day. Can't wait!

That's all.....

I popped into the previous randoooom and saw that arw's dad was having some surgery........hope that goes well :hug:

he's having a 2nd biopsy in a few weeks. Flights have been really cheap the past few months but I've been too busy at work to get time off. Total coincidence that the same week we have virtually no business for the first time since Jan is the week of his test so my boss gave me 6 days off. I'm excited to go home. I miss everyone so much. I have been in a spring rain & lilac depression for a few weeks because I didn't think I would get a chance for that this year. I hope it rains the whole time I'm home other than a few hours so I can walk around my lakes :D I can't wait to go even though my parent will be in knots the whole time....i think my mom more than my dad :sigh:

I'm going shopping today to spend my birthday $$$ :love: :drool:

:cute: it's cricket (the bug!) season again. Cricket hunting happens to be Lily's favorite pastime. I :heart: watching her hop all over the living room trying to catch them. She just had a good workout but I don't think she caught the little thing....yet.

just tried to watch The Wrestler :barf: I turned it off after 20 minutes. :reject:

My sister and I have been on a Red box kick lately but my time to watch movies was so limited the past month that she rented a bunch without me. It's hard to rent stuff with her because now she's seen everything i want to see. I wanted to see Doubt when it was in theaters but never got a chance and now I can't seem to get my hands on it when I go to rent a movie. Everyone I talk to in Phoenix and MN keep telling me they just saw it too :mad: We were going to get Doubt or Notorious (she's held off renting both to wait for me) but both were out so this is what we ended up with. My sister decided she wasn't interested and went to bed early. My friend has a bootleg of Taken that she's going to bring for me to see this week. Can't wait to see that!

Selling condos is for stronger, more OCD women than myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom