Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, in one night I am making up for more than a month
without internet at home :reject:

The thunder is so loud that I can feel vibrations from it as I sit in bed, propped up on pillows........have I mentioned that I love my laptop?

I have the weather channel on and they keep showing a funnel that is trying to form............Last year the neighbor gal and I were watching the storms come in and the sirens were going off in the distance.....we saw exactly what they showed on the weather channel. I can remember her and I looking at each other and then she went in the house to get her sister..........we all watched it as it floated over our houses. Too close for comfort, looking back.

I listen to WTTS (from Indianapolis/Bloomington) on-line at work. They just started playing Bruce's "Trapped." Swoooooooooon . . . . :heart:

WTTS is either awesome or very busy drooling over the Fray and Jason Mraz.

I often try to win the Morning Music Mindbender. I often know the answer. Once the phone actually rang instead of busy-signaled and I hung up because I didn't want the prize. :silent:

I have had too much beer on a Wednesday night. Why am I 30 and still a sucker for peer pressure???

I went from:gah:to :happydance:
New smileys :up:

Storms tonight.

I am off for 2 days. 9 days in a row was :crack:.........don't know how you do it, arw ........

Storms :drool: *jealous*

I looooooove what I do so it doesn't feel like work. Of course everyone needs a mental break and especially a chance to let your body rest but I'd work 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Plus my job is filled with diversity. One day we're in the bakery making hundreds of items and then next day we are plating them up for multiple parties and hanging out at the ballrooms until the desserts are served to make sure everything goes A-OK. Other days I'm helping a restaurant with their desserts. So each day is different and exciting. I love resort life and I am really going to miss it but home is more important than worok....

Lots of power fading here. Storms.
The first big storms of the season.

Arw, a co-worker vacationed in Phoenix and went to the botanical gardens........the gardens had Dale Chihuly glass in them.....it is there until the end of May I believe she said. Her pictures were stunning. The contrast between the desert and these spectacular blown glass pieces. Wow, just wow.

I've been to the gardens many times and it's BEAUTIFUL there! I saw Chihuly the day it opened. My sister's bf and his loser friend actually wanted to come with me and my sis. The sucky thing was though that we went during the day. I heard it's amazing at night. But they close at 8 and it's still light out now until 8ish so it's too late to get the nighttime effect. But it was really cool. Thanks to Kariann i've seen quite a bit of Chihuly around the country so I'm glad I was able to add this on to my list.

Bruce didn't pick me up last night on his way to Chicago : pouts:.............he was supposed to swing by on his way from MN to IL to get me........*dreaming*
Bruce :rockon:

he was in MN this week? :sad: I've missed so many good concerts the past few years.....

So yeah, in one night I am making up for more than a month
without internet at home :reject:

The thunder is so loud that I can feel vibrations from it as I sit in bed, propped up on pillows........have I mentioned that I love my laptop?

I have the weather channel on and they keep showing a funnel that is trying to form............Last year the neighbor gal and I were watching the storms come in and the sirens were going off in the distance.....we saw exactly what they showed on the weather channel. I can remember her and I looking at each other and then she went in the house to get her sister..........we all watched it as it floated over our houses. Too close for comfort, looking back.

It was a month? :crack: I barely last a week!

I hope I get a good storm next week when I'm home! :D Nothing like spring rain in the midwest! :love:

I have sooooooo much to do tomorrow. :crack: But after tomorrow I have 4 days of work and then I get to go home! :drool: As much as I hate not getting OT, it's been kind of nice that I have to leave on time each night. It makes my day go super fast knowing that I'm out the door the 2nd it hits 9:30 unlike the past few months where I get in about 1 pm and then stay until whenever. So the last few days have gone by really fast. I'm very anxious to get home already. It's been 5 months :crack: I can only imagine the mail I'm going to have to sort through. My mom called me in March when my sister was there and we went through it all over the phone so she could take some with. But I have a feeling I'm going to have a mountain on my bed. :doh:

I wish that Chihuly exhibit would come to our Domes, I would love to see it. I can stare at the large piece in the atrium of the art museum here for a very long time :heart:
Yes, Bruce was in MN on Sunday........then flew over WI to get to IL :mad:
Let the *I'm going home soon* countdown begin! Enjoy the mountain 0'mail.

It feels very odd having a weekday off :huh: I woke up at 7 anyway :grumpy:

laptop speakers are, well, less than spectacular. I have been told that they sound better with headphones, but have yet to try that

Wow, us too. There was even a tornado spotted not too far from where I live (but far enough that it wasn't scary). The weather went from drought conditions to monsoon storm yesterday :yikes:

:yikes:

I have an old school friend that moved to FL near Tampa and she keeps posting on Facebook about rain and how she's happy to see some.

I got home from shopping and immediately took the doggie for a walk. While walking I noticed I had the sniffles and my eyes were watering. Please let this be allergies!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry: I do have a little sinus pressure which can mean just about anything from cold to just sinus pressure. The last thing I want is to have a cold while home next week. I want to spend my entire week at the lake, rain or shine!

:doh: I hate it when people don't understand the concept of facebook. One of my friends suggested I friend her sister when she first signed up. The sister and I know each other from random gatherings but nothing more. So she keeps posting these messages using an offended tone, yeah there's a tone with the sarcastic phrases she uses, about how no one ever responds to her instant messages. I don't go to FB to have an instant chat with anyone! I go to update my friends and family on life and see what they are doing but I dont' sit there waiting to chit chat with anyone. She's bugging the crap out of me. I posted something 23 hours ago so the post says....Amanda said this 23 hours ago. So she just sent me a nasty gram about how she can't believe I would not log off in 23 hours...HELLO turn your computer off!!!! It's misleading.....

WTF :|

So I posted on her wall....I hope she gets mad and cuts me off. I would remove her as a friend but I don't want my friend to be insulted that I'm no longer friends with her sister. But...I hardly even talk to this friend anyways since she told me she hated all of my other friends. :happy: She only "hates" them because when I've brought her along in group settings she gets highly offended if she's not the center of attention. She's totally normal when it's just me and maybe one other person....that she knows. Then there's the whole living in another state thing. But anyways we're still friends so I don't want to hurt her feelings. So I hope the sister takes the hint and leaves me alone because she's bugging me. :happy:

:heart: facebook :heart:

what a crackhead.....:crazy:

in other news....it's really hard to pack when your suitcase is in another state :happy: My sister doesn't get in until oh about 6 hours before I need to leave for the airport so I can't pack. I have most everything on the pool table that we use more as a desk than a table. That's the one that the BF bought last summer, the week he quit his job, and got rid of the dining room table that we all used on a daily basis. Then a few weeks later he went to MN and has basically been gone since :up: Sure glad we don't have that uselss dining room table taking up the dining room anymore. :rolleyes:

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide awake. :crack:

I went to bed 2 hours ago but never actually slept. Got up after an hour to see where little Lily went. While up I decided to check my email but for whatever random reason I went to youtube instead. So for the past hour I've been watching U2 videos....

i don't know how on earth I'm ever going to find a job with normal hours. It's 4 am and I can still get a full 8 hours of sleep before I have to go to work. :crazy: It's 6 am at home which means everyone I know is getting up now to start their day. :weird:

Facebook, no thank you
Pool table instead of dining room table.........:der:
Sorry about the lack of zzzzzzzzzz's, it is not fun.
Time zone changes are :crack: I had to find some mdse from another store the other day.........the only store that had it was Nebraska, I called and asked the gal to check, she said she would but she was just opening and she had a line of people already waiting in line.............time zone difference. The stock locater just got updated with ALL the stores in the company ~ from Jersey to CO ~ and I forgot about the time changes :doh:

Facebook, no thank you
Pool table instead of dining room table.........:der:
Sorry about the lack of zzzzzzzzzz's, it is not fun.
Time zone changes are :crack: I had to find some mdse from another store the other day.........the only store that had it was Nebraska, I called and asked the gal to check, she said she would but she was just opening and she had a line of people already waiting in line.............time zone difference. The stock locater just got updated with ALL the stores in the company ~ from Jersey to CO ~ and I forgot about the time changes :doh:

I really love facebook. I've gotten in contact with people I haven't talked to in years. One is an old friend from the beginning of time that I thought lived in Europe. She now lives in the same area we grew up in. Another is my best friend growing up. We lived one block apart. I don't remember a single activity in my life from the age of 3 to probably 12 without her in it. We had a death of a classmate who also lived in our neighborhood. It was really hard 2 years ago to find out he died and not be able to talk to her. She is the first person I thought of when this happened. The second we found each other on FB that is the first thing she brought up. Plus it's easier to stay in touch with family. So it's not all that bad other than the few people I have on there as "friends" that I'm not really friends with.

Time zone changes are confusing....especially when you live in a state changes their time zone every six months! :hmm: I thought Nebraska was on central time :reject:

ok off to the bank, to pick up a prescription and then a dollar store...........if I am feeling indulgent off to Kopp's for custard
flavors of the day:Tiramisu
A classic Italian dessert of espresso-flavored custard, ribbons of fudge and ladyfinger morsels

Bienenstichkuchen
A delightful German dessert; almond flavored custard mingled with yellow cake pieces, honey, Bavarian creme and sliced almonds
which one or a scoop of each?

:love: taxes finally came today! :hyper: I think everyone I know has already spent their money. It's payday too. Nice little surprise just in time for my trip :love:

Ace of Cakes is on now.

Ace of Cakes going to Hawaii to make the cake for LOST ~ :up:
Hawaii...........:heart:

Spending taxes on Ireland is definitely worth it!

I watched Ace of Cakes last night and they were at the Mall of America :cute: My mom called me all excited to let me know it was on so I watched it.

oh speaking of my mom.......I'm sooooooo happy for her! She won staff person of the year at the university she works for. She's been there for 17 years with the same boss :crack: Her boss nominated her and other people sent in letters for her as well. I can't wait to read them next week. My sister went with her today to the awards ceremony and said my mom almost fainted when they called her name. She found out she was nominated probably in Jan or Feb but had to wait until today to find out. Not only does she get the honor but a very substantial amount on a nice check they handed her today.

yay Mom! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom