Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back from my trip for work to SF and I am still exhausted. It was a really great trip work-wise and relaxation-wise. The best part is that I really do feel that I have honestly found what l love to do and the path I want to continue to follow. The days were mostly filled with training and meetings but everyone was great. We had the chance to see the Corp office building and all I can say is :drool:. Then one day we went to see the other studio and a shoot when we were surprised to find out after the tour of the building that we were going to have our own shoot in which we were model and photographer. After work we did some of the basic tourist things, food and shopping. The hotel we stayed in was the perfect location and probably the nicest I've stayed in outside of The Peabody in Memphis. It was nice to walk in the door with noone to bother me and just relax....I honestly had the best sleep the entire time I was there than I've had in a year.

Now it's full steam ahead and being crazy busy until Fall when I'll be able to enjoy some down time or time off again. I was supposed to have next week off but that was canceled since that is when everything is set to really get started. :(

Sorry for rambling...

That all sounds great (other than missing out on the week off)! What does GapMecca look like? I always wanted to go there.

Yep, still hate Get On Your Boots.........................that is what is known as a "run to the bathroom/concession stand" song. I could get back in time for Edge's guitar riff and be ok, but I couldn't sit thru the whole song.

They play a surprising amount of NLOTH on our store music system, White As Snow, Magnificent and I'll Go Crazy. I like all of those. God forbid they ever get Boots on the listing :crack:.
Me to customer: Um, excuse me please, I have to leave for about 4 minutes.
customer: :huh:
Me: *fleeing*

That all sounds great (other than missing out on the week off)! What does GapMecca look like? I always wanted to go there.

I'm ok with not getting the week off since I knew it was a possibility when I turned in the request. I honestly cannot begin to tell you how awesome it was...as for the corp office building the lobby :drool: and the Fishers have a gallery (we are talking museum-like gallery) there to house some of their art collection. We went over to go through that one day and the cafeteria was seriously awesome. We are jealous because our cafe consists of vending machines and the infamous wheel of death. There they had a sign apologizing they only had grab and go sushi. The view of the bay was awesome where you can eat outside. We went over there for a couple of meetings and to visit the archive and gallery. We spent most of our time in one of the 2 studios they have and went to tour the other one. N took most of the pics at those places so I can show you some of them when I get the cd.

During my little fight with my boss on tuesday night I told him I changed my last day, by one day, and he flipped out and said nothing is official until I talk to CHEF :barf: He's not quite Gordon Ramsey but I've seen him verbally murder people before so it can be a little intimidating to talk to him. On the flip side to that, he's also the world's biggest flirt and 99% of the time he screams at someone, it's a dude and then the pastry girls will walk in the room and he'll stop yelling and say "ladies :flirt: how are we doing today? :flirt:" and then put his arm around one of us while we talk. It's hiliarious. For the first year I worked there I didn't even think he knew my name other than honey, babe, or sweetie. :barf: But I'd rather be called babe and have him walk arm and arm with me across the resort than to scream in my face over something lame because he's having a bad day.....

Anyways....so this afternoon when I got in, I saw Chef walking towards me. I instantly wanted to throw up. I asked him if he got my letter (of resignation that I turned in last night). He said he received something but didn't have time to read it. I then said "so you know I'm leaving in 2 weeks, right?" He said yes and asked why. I told him the situation with my sister and the lease being up. He knows I'm from MN.....everyone knows I'm from Minnesota :|. Damn Fargo movie. :madspit: So he asked if I had found a job in MN yet and I said no. He said to have his receptionist send him an email to remind him to email the regional person in charge of transfers and he'll do whatever he can to get me something. :fingerscrossed: He also said to make sure I see him before my last day so he can give me a letter of recommendation. I was shaking in my boots the whole time I talked to him because I hate having to do this stuff. After I got back into my kitchen, his receptionist came in to give us some paperwork so I told her what Chef said about the email and as I was talking she whipped out her blackberry and sent the email. It was funny because she said "you're moving back to Wisconsin right?" Everyone in the bakery stopped what they were doing, gasped, and stared. Today was a Minnesota Vikings tee shirt under my chef's coat day. Anytime I walk in with my purple shirt sticking out of the top of my coat someone says something about the Vikings, the Packers, da Bearz, or Brett Favre. :angry: She said she thought MN and WI were one in the same. :| We're neighbors but not exactly the same lady!

My supervisor was impressed with the info of the job search help and letter of recommendation and said that Chef does not offer that to everyone. I've worked my ass off and know more and do more than most of the people that have been there for years. My other supervisor tells me that constantly and also tells me that my creativeness is going to be missed. Good to know that my efforts are recognized somehow.

just an fyi in case this ever happens to anyone.....if you slice off your nail it really doesn't hurt. I'm amazed at how painless this has been. I won't go into gross details but there was certainly a lot of red flowing out of my finger for a good 20 minutes. I thought for sure there was a deep enough cut for stitches but I really just sliced my nail right off. :barf: Good to know that's a painless injury. :der:

:hmm: I don't think I know the summer ale. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the oktoberfest and winter ales. I'll have to look into the summer one.

Summer Ale is the BEST. I also love Oktoberfest and Winter, as well as White and Cherry Wheat. But nothing is better than Summer Ale. Actually, I'm not really sure I've met a Sam Adams I didn't like...or that you couldn't slap the word Summer on just about anything and I'd not like it. :hmm:

That's good that psycho Gordon Ramsey clone will give you a letter of recommendation. I'm not sure I could work with someone like that though :yikes:.

Summer Ale is the BEST. I also love Oktoberfest and Winter, as well as White and Cherry Wheat. But nothing is better than Summer Ale. Actually, I'm not really sure I've met a Sam Adams I didn't like...or that you couldn't slap the word Summer on just about anything and I'd not like it. :hmm:

Ditto what kelly said, Gordon Ramsey clone :crack:

Definately try the Summer Ale, arw :yes:

More storms?
We have only had a couple this year. I have just jinxed myself.............On vacation starting June 20.

More storms?
We have only had a couple this year. I have just jinxed myself.............On vacation starting June 20.

More storms. They seem to be timing themselves around kickball games, sleep, and making sure it hails on the new car on the way home from work. :grumpy:

One went on for an hour last night...long like a New England thunderstorm, but loud so it doesn't lull you to sleep. I could hear the lightning strikes, and I was convinced the tree out front was going to get struck and it would come crashing through the ceiling.

I'm with you, Schmeg. We had the window air conditioner on in the bedroom last night, as well as our sound machine on, and we sleep with earplugs in our ears. Even with all that, we were awakened by a very loud KA-BOOM! at 4:30 a.m. today, along with some very bright flashes. Fortunately, I just went back to sleep until it was time to get up to go to work.

Our yard has really benefited from all of the rain, though.

interesting....I'm always torn between winter and oktoberfest as to which I prefer. I think I'll have to try out more Sam Adams beer the next time I buy beer.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, and no way I'm having any of that !@$&( Guinness when I go to Ireland, except maybe a taste. Does anyone know of any lighter, paler beer there?

I think you get a free sample of Guinness at their storehouse. Well, it was free for us, but that might have been because we were on a guided tour - which was kind of boring (to me anyway). And yeah, Guinness is pretty gross :yikes:. You have to try it when you're there though - I think it's a law or something :shifty:

DSCN2643.jpg

Sorry I can't answer your question about a light ale though :reject:

I'm not much of a beer drinker, and no way I'm having any of that !@$&( Guinness when I go to Ireland, except maybe a taste. Does anyone know of any lighter, paler beer there?

I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but Guinness is COMPLETELY different in Ireland. I can just about tolerate it in the States; in Ireland it seems colder and less bitter, smoother, thicker...you can have it for dinner. At least try the free one in the Storehouse just to taste the difference.

I drank a lot of Carlsburg the first time I went. That was a lighter, paler one.

Carlsberg.com - Probably the Best Website in the World

Stopped at WM on the way home and looked for SA Summer Ale ~ they didn't have it :grumpy: They did have Leinie's Summer Shandy, so I bought that along with a couple bottles of SA ~Cream Stout and Honey Porter............that should get me thru the weekend :wink:

Time to pop popcorn.
Crazy at work again, sick of crazy. Busy good, crazy not. This new signing system is gonna make me :coocoo: Tried yesterday and then early today.......couldn't get on. Went to HR manager and he tried, no luck. Finally another manager got in. I worked on her log in and did what I had to do and logged her out.
Got back to floor and co-worker said store manager was out on floor wondering why something didn't get done.................:sigh: Because we never had direction to do it :mad:
Next week, the week leading up to my vacation, is gonna be long and interesting. I just want to survive it./venting

House with Cut Throat Bitch :heart: The best episodes

Off to curl up in bed to watch the above
Rain on its way. Rain overnight is a good thing.

Errands tomorrow along with shopping for graduation cards, dipping strawberries in chocolate for one of the 2 graduating cousins and other pre-partay stuff. That is all possible cuz a co-worker took the hours I had~I thanked her quite a few times today. I had asked off and got scheduled. Nope. Sick of missing family stuff.
Sunday, PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but Guinness is COMPLETELY different in Ireland. I can just about tolerate it in the States; in Ireland it seems colder and less bitter, smoother, thicker...you can have it for dinner. At least try the free one in the Storehouse just to taste the difference.

I drank a lot of Carlsburg the first time I went. That was a lighter, paler one.

Carlsberg.com - Probably the Best Website in the World

Thanks, Schmeg and Kelly. I'll probably try it, especially if it's a law! :lol: At our tour group meeting last weekend, we were told that we *may* be going to a Guinness brewery. For sure we're going to the Jameson Distillery. My sis swandiver says if anyone doesn't want their free sample, give it to her. I can't believe it's only two weeks away now!

I totally agree. Anyone I know that's been to Ireland has said the same thing. It's soooooo smooth. But then again I love it here too but it really is so much better there.

And I think the brewery should have Harp and Smithwick's if Guinness is not your thing. Both are a Guinness brand....as is Heineken technically, I think. Harp is a pale ale while Smithwick's is a red. I LOVE Smithwick's :drool: and buy that a lot but lately I've been on a Newcastle kick.

I hope you get to go there MsPurrl. The Gravity bar offers you an amazing view of the whole city. However, if you don't go, there's a small tower behind the Jameson building that also has an amazing view. I have some cool shots of the city from that tower. If you have some free time after Jameson, try to find it. I think you have to pay but it's worth it! :yes:

Stopped at WM on the way home and looked for SA Summer Ale ~ they didn't have it :grumpy: They did have Leinie's Summer Shandy, so I bought that along with a couple bottles of SA ~Cream Stout and Honey Porter............that should get me thru the weekend :wink:

I have to go there next week while I'm still in Phx. No more WM's in Minnesota :scream:

yeah so believe it or not Best Buy is now SOLD OUT of the cd I want. :angry: I ordered it online. I wanted the sale price plus my coupon to make it practically free. Since it's new I was able to get free shipping too. :love: I can't wait to get it!!!! :hyper:

Up the Irons!!!!!!!!!!!

:reject:

I totally agree. Anyone I know that's been to Ireland has said the same thing. It's soooooo smooth. But then again I love it here too but it really is so much better there.

And I think the brewery should have Harp and Smithwick's if Guinness is not your thing. Both are a Guinness brand....as is Heineken technically, I think. Harp is a pale ale while Smithwick's is a red. I LOVE Smithwick's :drool: and buy that a lot but lately I've been on a Newcastle kick.

I hope you get to go there MsPurrl. The Gravity bar offers you an amazing view of the whole city. However, if you don't go, there's a small tower behind the Jameson building that also has an amazing view. I have some cool shots of the city from that tower. If you have some free time after Jameson, try to find it. I think you have to pay but it's worth it! :yes:

Thanks for the tips--I will definitely try it. I've had Harp before and liked it, so I'll try Smithwick's, too.

I'll be freakin' like Daffy Duck the next two weeks, trying to get everything done in the evenings that I have to take with me. But it will all be worth it!

well I tried to find the name of that tower thing in Dublin but I can't find it. I know we found it by buying a Dublin pass. Their website isn't working right now so I can't look there. Of course all of my stuff is in MN in a box so I can't look. But I'm sure someone at Jameson would know the name of it. It's just a little lookout point type of a thing that's probably not even on a map but for whatever reason it's listed as a point of interest on the Dublin pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom