Randoooooooooom Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kariann said:

That is insane...I'm usually the one left waiting!!! If it makes you feel better I havent read it yet...I've only gazed at the cover as I walk by it putting things away.

I'm getting REALLY sleepy so this is good.
I want to read it NOW. :angry: I should have listened to the little voices telling me to buy it!!!

I'm getting widre and wider awake by the minute. I think our sleep total was around 12 hours in 4 days...Can I live on that for 5 days? :insomnia:

suggestion before I drift off to sleep.........
download the Rolling Stone Podcast interview with Bono

shari schultz said:
suggestion before I drift off to sleep.........
download the Rolling Stone Podcast interview with Bono
Excellent suggestion! I think I got Part 1 the other day but I don't think it'll actually fit on my 'Pod right now, it'll have to be on an old-school CD!

Kariann said:
I think it's about time for me to go since I must go back to work in the morning. :sigh:
Snap back to reality. :sigh:

But now we get to count down the days til the Chicago dvd!

:drool: U2005 :drool:

I also need to go to bed but I'm thinking about starting a Detroit thread in Pleba. :coocoo: How can I be this awake right now?!

I hardly recognize you, Amanda! :love:

Actually I think my attention span has finally hit the wall so maybe it is time for bed.

Maybe when I get up the Rolling Stone Fairy will have brought me my magazine! :happy:

All of this can be yours.

ALL OF this can be YOURS.

ALL OF THIS CAN BE YOURS.

Just give me what I want and no one will get hurt.

FIRST:

I seriously could not have had better concert partners than the members of the Randooom. THANK YOU. You guys are sooooo awesome. :D I seriously had the greatest time yesterday...so glad I did not make a brash 4:15am decsion to go back to sleep and not come.

I guess Shari did not here the "Go pack go" during Miracle Drug. :uhoh:

I arrived at the MSP gates looking for ARW at about 8:20. I am thinking she was on the 8:45 at A33, not the 9:15 at A34 (which, despite her fears, are just about the closest gate you could be at).

After I had breakfast, I fell asleep for a few minutes in the airport. Here is a re-inactment: :drool:

The transition back into reality was....well, harsh. I was able to get my randoomer fix with a few calls from Schmeg. :hyper: I may go into withdrawl and get violently ill tomorrow.

Oh, after the....we were talking to Stories, Eep, and ?????? LivLuv and who? I need to add them to my list.

I may have to visit sad girl's PLEBA thread. :uhoh: (listed on similar threads below).

Thank you, again! :D

:happy: I'm still up :happy:

I can't string two sentences together right now so I will leave you with this:

34534%3C4323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B9446%3C877ot1lsi

I saw the Random group on the rail on Adams sides outer ellipse monday. I think it was Zoney?, Schmeg, Kariann, ARW and LMPA lined up down there. Sorry I didnt get to meet any of you beforehand but I got there late (I had to run to the restroom also! :laugh: ;) )

Glad you had fun, it was a good show.

Tonight I could see April and Miroslava front row in ellipse also.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
I saw the Random group on the rail on Adams sides outer ellipse monday. I think it was Zoney?, Schmeg, Kariann, ARW and LMPA lined up down there. Sorry I didnt get to meet any of you beforehand but I got there late (I had to run to the restroom also! :laugh: ;) )

Glad you had fun, it was a good show.

Tonight I could see April and Miroslava front row in ellipse also.

Hi Mike! ;wave:

What an amazing five days, honestly. I love this band. :heart:

One last thing before I head off to work...

I forgot the map we wrote down the next randooom thread title....I amgoing to try and remember what it was. Anyone have a clue?

zoney! said:
April:

A HUGE thank you to you!

:yes:

In the elipse? :ohmy:

I want to hear GA line day 2 stories!

You're welcome. :)

I was the last out of Miro, Beth and I to scan and I scanned Vertigo for the third time (other times being 10/8 and 10/22). Miroslava and I got our Adam sweet spot, so we were on cloud nine all night, then I got a Bono pick from Dallas (that Detroit Girls Rock sign was blessed! :love: ).

I can't believe I'm at work right now! At least I'm busy, but still...

Great 5 days.... Extraordinary, really. ;)

Popping in, don't mind me, I'm not really here... I just wanted to say that the Detroit Girls Rock sign indeed ROCKED... Got me a pick from Dallas on Night 1 and April another one on night 2...

:hyper:

Hi Detroit randoooomers! :wave:

We had the quasi-line again on Day 2 over at the restaurant, April/Miro/me decided to sleep in beds Mon night and came back about 8am Tues to the Post and got spots 15/16/17. We opted to walk across the street at about 1:45 and then hoofed it as soon as they would let us. Same issue with a few people not honoring the numbers, including some interferencers that know better but who shall remain nameless :|

Day 2 in GA line was a little better, heck for about 2 hours there were NO security people compared to 3 meanies on the first day. Thank God it didn't rain, and the wind was blowing the same way so that the wind blocked most of it. It was colder though so that kinda sucked.

Since the guys did not sound check the first night (didn't even arrive til 6:30), I would have bet money that they would do the same thing the second night. But Bono did stop for about 5 minutes, I think only to shake hands (no pics or signing). We didn't bother to go over there at all.

And sorry to the randoomers that were there, but night 2 was twice as good as night 1 for both the crowd and the music - though is there ever really a bad u2 night? ;) I can't believe I was spoiled again going 3 for 3 in the ellipse for my GA shows :hyper:

It was so great to meet you all :hug:

bonosloveslave said:
Same issue with a few people not honoring the numbers, including some interferencers that know better but who shall remain nameless :|

Day 2 in GA line was a little better, heck for about 2 hours there were NO security people compared to 3 meanies on the first day. Thank God it didn't rain, and the wind was blowing the same way so that the wind blocked most of it. It was colder though so that kinda sucked.

And sorry to the randoomers that were there, but night 2 was twice as good as night 1 for both the crowd and the music - though is there ever really a bad u2 night? ;) I can't believe I was spoiled again going 3 for 3 in the ellipse for my GA shows :hyper:

:hmm: Now I wonder who the Interferencers were............

I'm not surprised about the security being jerks. The Palace is well known for that.

Honestly, I thought the setlist for night 2 was better, but the performance on night 1 was better. :shrug:

April, Kariann, Schmeg, arw9797, and zoney were all there for the first show - along with some other interference people but those were the randoomers :)

bonosloveslave said:
April, Kariann, Schmeg, arw9797, and zoney were all there for the first show - along with some other interference people but those were the randoomers :)

No, I actually meant the Interferencers that should have known better for the 2nd show......... :hmm: Do they post often? Its not surprising though. I have seen perfectly rational level headed people simply freak out when it comes to this kind of stuff. Its a momentary lapse of judgement I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom