Randoooooooooom Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoney! said:

:reject:

Funny...how much later did I call?

1:43:28! :ohmy: :sexywink:
Not much. :wink:

:faint: That's the longest I've actually talked on the phone since my friend in junior high used to call me and give me detailed plot reviews of Days of Our Lives. :laugh:

*typically sucks at the phone*

shari schultz said:
Schmeg,
There is a Megan on the schedule at work; don't suppose it is you? *crosses fingers* That would be way too much to hope for. The commute is not too bad:shifty:
Sorry, it's not me. :sigh: But she spells her name right! She's a keeper!

I'll probably be helping out at a nearby mall whose grand opening ad campaign was Wizard of Oz themed. The last time I helped out a store for a week I ended up there for a month. This should be interesting.

Kariann said:
I think my Fall depression is kicking in....I've been on the verge of tears all day over the weirdest stuff. :|
Me too...I'm really lonely this weekend. I miss all of you a lot. :| :hug:

I'm sleeeeeeeeeepy. :yawn:

Okay, so the clocks go BACK tonight, right? So it's technically 9:15 Eastern right now? I'm always the opening manager the day we fall back and I always panic that I'll be late/early/whatever you end up when you move the clock the wrong way.

Schmeg said:

Sorry, it's not me. :sigh: But she spells her name right! She's a keeper!

I'll probably be helping out at a nearby mall whose grand opening ad campaign was Wizard of Oz themed. The last time I helped out a store for a week I ended up there for a month. This should be interesting.

A MALL? A real, honest to god MALL? Oh, I am so very sorry :hug:

Kariann said:
I have a missed call on my phone from 233am this morning. :eyebrow: I have no idea who it would have been but I'm glad that I forgot to take it off silent after work yesterday.
:eyebrow: No caller ID?

Maybe it was someone asking for Casey. :|

shari schultz said:

A MALL? A real, honest to god MALL? Oh, I am so very sorry :hug:
Thanks. I'm very, VERY spoiled by my little street store with lots of windows and a harbor view. The mall will be culture shock. :crack:

Also they close at 9:30 and not 7. :|

:| = the official smilie of the night.

Schmeg said:

:hug:

I was hoping it would skip me this year but I really dread the next few weeks. They are going to be hard ones and I think knowing that isnt helping. I've also been feeling hurt that a certain person didnt even really pay attention to what I said about my mom since said person was like...glad to hear your mom is ok and didnt even seem to realize I told her that she would be having surgery. So she is ok but not ok.

today went by so fast :crack: I found out that if I want to get paid the full 8 hours I can just take my 2 15 minute breaks combined for one half hour break instead of 2 15's and a 45 :drool: It was a long day until my 30 minute break but then the evening went by really fast.

Kariann said:

:hug:

I was hoping it would skip me this year but I really dread the next few weeks. They are going to be hard ones and I think knowing that isnt helping. I've also been feeling hurt that a certain person didnt even really pay attention to what I said about my mom since said person was like...glad to hear your mom is ok and didnt even seem to realize I told her that she would be having surgery. So she is ok but not ok.
:tsk: You know we all care, even if we're not even in the same state. Remember my phone is always on. :hug:

I think it's just a few days for me, since this is a MUCH less rock n roll weekend than last week and I am having serious Bestest/U2 Friends Withdrawel. I'm actually sort of looking forward to the holidays, which hasn't happened for like, four years now.

Schmeg said:

I'm still on the rail in Detroit in my head. I suppose that's a good thing....reality hasn't set in. A week ago right now I was at a kick ass U2 concert in Pittsburg. That was a WEEK ago?!?! :crazy:

You'll both have to come out here as soon as you can to see my new home :sexywink:

arw9797 said:
today went by so fast :crack: I found out that if I want to get paid the full 8 hours I can just take my 2 15 minute breaks combined for one half hour break instead of 2 15's and a 45 :drool: It was a long day until my 30 minute break but then the evening went by really fast.
That is SO illegal in my store but I wish we could do that! We HAVE to have at least an hour meal, meaning that in a 9-hour shift I only get paid for 8, and I don't take the 2 15's I'm entitled to. :rolleyes:

Schmeg said:

:tsk: You know we all care, even if we're not even in the same state. Remember my phone is always on. :hug:

I think it's just a few days for me, since this is a MUCH less rock n roll weekend than last week and I am having serious Bestest/U2 Friends Withdrawel. I'm actually sort of looking forward to the holidays, which hasn't happened for like, four years now.

I know...I may take you up on that at some point....so dont be shocked! Warning....if I have to leave voice mails they are usually non-coherent!

Most of it should be over once I get used to the time change this week. I think I'm having some withdrawl too and with last weekend happening right after my mom being in the hospital I think that is beginning to really sink in.

arw9797 said:

I'm still on the rail in Detroit in my head. I suppose that's a good thing....reality hasn't set in. A week ago right now I was at a kick ass U2 concert in Pittsburg. That was a WEEK ago?!?! :crazy:

You'll both have to come out here as soon as you can to see my new home :sexywink:
I keep going back there every now and then...it's been too good a year to get totally down. :)

It seems like a dream we had a hundred years ago already. :yikes:

Schmeg said:

That is SO illegal in my store but I wish we could do that! We HAVE to have at least an hour meal, meaning that in a 9-hour shift I only get paid for 8, and I don't take the 2 15's I'm entitled to. :rolleyes:

We don't have to take a lunch but we have to take the 15's but cannot combine them...they have to be seperate.

Schmeg said:

According to the sign in the break room from the company, it's illegal. But I guess the store manager doesn't care so a few years ago she did a poll and had people vote if they wanted all of their breaks or just take less breaks and get paid for their whole day at work. If you work over 8 hours then you have to follow the regular break rules so they try to just schedule people for 8 hours.

I try to schedule people for no more than 5 hours so I don't have to give them a break longer than 15 minutes. :evil:

Also all my people are workaholics and they whine about half-hour and hour breaks. :crack: I don't know where we found 12 people who dislike sitting down. We're pretty lucky.

Going for 13,000 here! 1 to go!

Kariann, you still going for 10,000 tonight? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom