Randooooooooom: last show :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is yesterday over :ohmy:

How my day went:

Woke up just after 8 and my cold was worse than ever.
I went back to sleep and woke up at 9:45.
Yesterday afternoon was my office's Kids Christmas party ~ which I organized.
Just as I'm getting ready to leave my house I get a phone call from the hospital emergency ward.
My Dad fell while walking to church and needed to get stitched up.

~~side note~~ a good samaritan found my Dad on the sidewalk and drove him to the hospital :heart: Sending him a thank you note :up:

I get ready to go even quicker but I have to stop and pickup some things on the way and then drop them off at the party.
I go to the hospital and find my Dad waiting to leave but the Doctor wants to talk to me :yikes:
It turns out they don't know if my Dad passed out and fell or fell and passed out :shrug:
And because he is taking blood thinners for his heart they are concerned about bleeding near his brain.
The Doctor wants someone to stay with my Dad overnight to make sure that there are no problems.
I take my Dad back to his apartment and make him some lunch and phoned my brother and his wife and luckily they were able to come over and spend the night with my Dad.
I head back to the party where everything is going great ~ relieved :yes:
At the end of the party I go back and check on my Dad and then head home for a nap before work.
I worked all night and now it is time for bed

Nighty night :wave:

And one more thing ~ my garburetor is broken again :mad: and the repairman is coming after 3 pm.

I went to the hospital for awhile this morning and then left my dad there while I ran to the store....brought stuff back so figured I would take a few minutes on here to recharge since I feel crappy.

I also went to the post office and tripped going up the curb and ended up falling down.

Kariann said:
I went to the hospital for awhile this morning and then left my dad there while I ran to the store....brought stuff back so figured I would take a few minutes on here to recharge since I feel crappy.

I also went to the post office and tripped going up the curb and ended up falling down.
:ohmy: Recreating Dublin in Ohoi?

How's Mom? :hug:

Kariann said:

Mom...not so good...still don't know what the hell they have her in there for so I am demanding answers tomorrow. I could rant about it but will hold back.
:( Demanding answers is good. Rant away if you need to!

I originally was going to do a journal entry about the weekend as soon as I logged on a little bit ago but instead called my mom to tell her I think I'm not going to work tomorrow so I can have a full nights sleep to ward off the Cleveland plague and then called T to let her know I was staying home.

Schmeg said:

I'm just getting really pissed off about not knowing anything and the fact that it seems that noone at the hospital is on the same page. I asked for someone to tell me today what she is exactly there for...is she having any tests...what doctors had seen her and they told me someone would be in to talk to me and that never happened. I seriously feel like she is going to be there forever. Let alone the fact that the cardiologist saw her today and said her blood pressure is way too low and he was taking her off some of the medication they were giving her...an hour or so later a PCA comes in to take her blood pressure at the request of the nurse that was SUPPOSED to come talk to me and when my dad asks what it was and she tells him and then says thats fine...my dad then says no thats low for her and I tell her the cardiologist said her blood pressure is to low etc...the PCA then says well that's what it's been around since she's been in here so they were thinking that it was her norm!!!!!!!

On top of everything I fell like crap...the last 2 nights have been the first that I'm alone in the house with my dad and then it's freaked me out a bit that when my parents decided to put my name on their bank account in case anything happened after my dad's cancer and I actually had to go in and pay their bills and am opening their mail etc.

By the way when I went to the store today I passed the bologna and had a :giggle:. I also decided to try the lemon honey Halls cough drops for the sole purpose of Lemon....well and the fact that there were more of them gone than the other flavors so I figured they couldnt be too bad.

Kariann said:

I'm just getting really pissed off about not knowing anything and the fact that it seems that noone at the hospital is on the same page. I asked for someone to tell me today what she is exactly there for...is she having any tests...what doctors had seen her and they told me someone would be in to talk to me and that never happened. I seriously feel like she is going to be there forever. Let alone the fact that the cardiologist saw her today and said her blood pressure is way too low and he was taking her off some of the medication they were giving her...an hour or so later a PCA comes in to take her blood pressure at the request of the nurse that was SUPPOSED to come talk to me and when my dad asks what it was and she tells him and then says thats fine...my dad then says no thats low for her and I tell her the cardiologist said her blood pressure is to low etc...the PCA then says well that's what it's been around since she's been in here so they were thinking that it was her norm!!!!!!!

On top of everything I fell like crap...the last 2 nights have been the first that I'm alone in the house with my dad and then it's freaked me out a bit that when my parents decided to put my name on their bank account in case anything happened after my dad's cancer and I actually had to go in and pay their bills and am opening their mail etc.
:( :hug: :hug: :hug: I wish I could help more than post those.

Thye shouldn't leave you hanging; you need real answers. I will defend hospitals and doctors and nurses to the death because of the shit my mom puts up with every day in the ER, but they shouldn't string you along.

I would also be freaking out about the mail and the bills.

I wish I could do something for you.

Kariann said:
So I wonder if this cough medicine will really control my cough for up to 8 hours. :hmm: I got the maximum strength stuff.

I hope you don't get sick Schmeg....seeing as though we slept together and all Saturday night. :sexywink:
:flirt:

It should help you for at least that long. Once when I was sick in college they gave me the maximum strength stuff with codeine...I think I slept for a whole week...but DAMN did I feel good at the end of that week!

Otherwise...I don't get sick. :D My throat is just scratchy enough that it hurts to laugh, but that's it!

And now I'll be knocking on wood and taking some vitamin C. Seriously.

Schmeg said:

:( :hug: :hug: :hug: I wish I could help more than post those.

Thye shouldn't leave you hanging; you need real answers. I will defend hospitals and doctors and nurses to the death because of the shit my mom puts up with every day in the ER, but they shouldn't string you along.

I would also be freaking out about the mail and the bills.

I wish I could do something for you.

I find it amazing what doctors and nurses do...I could never do their jobs ever. It's just frustrating right now because we have no idea what is going on. The last 2 times we knew but this time it's so mixed up.

Just listening and being supportive helps.

Schmeg said:

:flirt:

Otherwise...I don't get sick. :D My throat is just scratchy enough that it hurts to laugh, but that's it!

And now I'll be knocking on wood and taking some vitamin C. Seriously.

I haven't gotten this sick since the last Cleveland plague! Damn Cleveland!

I tried not to cough in your direction the other night.

Kariann said:

I haven't gotten this sick since the last Cleveland plague! Damn Cleveland!

I tried not to cough in your direction the other night.
:tsk: As it turns out, Cleveland doesn't rock.

:laugh: Thanks for not coughing at me the other night.

Kariann said:

I find it amazing what doctors and nurses do...I could never do their jobs ever. It's just frustrating right now because we have no idea what is going on. The last 2 times we knew but this time it's so mixed up.

Just listening and being supportive helps.
I'm glad it's helping but I wish I lived closer and could do more.

I am suddenly VERY sleepy...I took a nap as soon as I got home from work and I could go right back to sleep! :yawn:

I love how we disappear for awhile and then come back at the same time. :laugh:

Schmeg said:
I am suddenly VERY sleepy...I took a nap as soon as I got home from work and I could go right back to sleep! :yawn:

That was me last night. I kept napping and then waking up. I must have rolled over on the remote at one point and the channel changed since I woke up at 3am with a shopping channel on!

I can't breathe! :scream:

Kariann said:

That was me last night. I kept napping and then waking up. I must have rolled over on the remote at one point and the channel changed since I woke up at 3am with a shopping channel on!

I can't breathe! :scream:
I passed out...woke up when the Simpsons started...passed out...woke up when the phone rang...passed out...woke up when it rang again...and then realized I wasn hungry so I got food. So I've been home for 4 hours and awake for maybe two solid hours and I think it's time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom